• Total voters

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
OT… and no one asked… but a wheel discussion…

I personally prefer a more opened spoke wheel design so I can reach inside and clean the inner barrel when washing or detailing the car.

Yes I’m particular and to look inside the wheel and not have easy access to clean it … yet seeing the dirt I can’t reach without remove the wheel. 🥺

Go easy on me… this is coming from a guy who use to own an auto detailing business for more than 10 years. Super clean is my thing. 😬
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jakester

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I’m actually running a set of te37 track editions, love them. HRE is an amazing option. Just go with there fully forged line not the flow form
3EA8095B-9C73-439E-BFA7-10C77FA1CD3D.jpeg
That burnout color just looks so good man! Yeah I am looking at their two piece fully forged. I am about 99% going to go the HRE route after looking into them and going over options and specifications.

OP
OP
Jakester

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
OT… and no one asked… but a wheel discussion…

I personally prefer a more opened spoke wheel design so I can reach inside and clean the inner barrel when washing or detailing the car.

Yes I’m particular and to look inside the wheel and not have easy access to clean it … yet seeing the dirt I can’t reach without remove the wheel. 🥺

Go easy on me… this is coming from a guy who use to own an auto detailing business for more than 10 years. Super clean is my thing. 😬
I like making things harder on myself..lol..I do make a special cleaning tool that works amazingly well and getting through the spokes and cleaning the inside of the rim and caliper so it's not that bad. But yeah I understand what you are saying. I can't leave any part of the rim or brake calipers dirty.

OP
OP
Jakester

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
OEM wheels are forged, yes? So should be relatively lightweight.
Also, I love when people ask opinions on specific parts, but then instead get recommendations for everything else. 😂😂
We can't help but to interject our own opinions. Car guys. 🙄 Lol
Thats pretty much how it works on here..lol...That's exactly why I asked all the car guys on here though. I am glad some other suggestions and opinions were mentioned. Always something new to learn. The more options the better. Seems like I get a plan of what I want to do and them after being on here for a few days my plans completely change..but it's always for the better. The knowledge and feedback from here is priceless.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Thats pretty much how it works on here..lol...That's exactly why I asked all the car guys on here though. I am glad some other suggestions and opinions were mentioned. Always something new to learn. The more options the better. Seems like I get a plan of what I want to do and them after being on here for a few days my plans completely change..but it's always for the better. The knowledge and feedback from here is priceless.
It's hugely helpful. When I bought my car, I had to start researching it. I can't always take what I've learned from one platform and apply to another. Like you, I start out with an idea in my head, discuss it with others, realize it might not be the best. That leads me on a path where I can make the best decision for my application. Useful stuff. 👍🏼🤘🏻
Still, I have to laugh when somebody asks "red or blue?" and everybody goes on to describe why they think green or brown is better. 😂😂😂

PREDATOR786

First Name
Ismail
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
EX: 1994 Toyota Corolla AE92 Twincam 16V Turbo (Jade Green). EX: 2006 VW Jetta MKV 2.0 FSi Sportline (Black). EX: 2018 Toyota C-HR 1.2T Plus CVT (Nebula Blue). Current: 2020 Toyota GR Supra (Prominence Red)
C
What is CCW? never heard of them I don't think. I am definitely looking for something along the same style as the ones in the two pictures.
CCW is to the MKIV Supra diehards what the TE37 is to the MKV Supra guys. 😜

My humble opinion, though, BBS are overpriced for what they are.

Have a look at the Work Meister M1 wheels. Similar design to BBS LM and made in Japan.

SupraSleek

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan frontier
C

CCW is to the MKIV Supra diehards what the TE37 is to the MKV Supra guys. 😜

My humble opinion, though, BBS are overpriced for what they are.

Have a look at the Work Meister M1 wheels. Similar design to BBS LM and made in Japan.
Does anyone have weight comparisons on the two? I know size/offset will play a factor but similar sized specs?

ZupraSupra

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22’ Supra Matte Storm Gray
Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but the BBS LM wheels are made in Japan not Germany and the OE a90/91 wheels are made in Taiwan.