Who can actually afford the new Supra?

Patchaaron

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IS350, corolla
31 Here, engaged, 6 figure Salary. Just got word Im becoming partner at my company too starting January 2019, 3200sqft Home Mortgage, Retirement Accounts, Bills Etc all paid by my salary alone. 4 Total Cars (2 sports cars paid off). Both our DD's will be paid off over the next 12 months.

The weird part to me is all 4 of our current cars are manual. A New Supra might be our first Auto lol
I'm assuming you don't live in California since you have a 3200sgft house and nice cars lol. why do I live here. Buy a supra and a viper.

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
I was previously in a position to buy one then I quit my life to go back to school. Hoping it doesn't flop too hard so I can pick one up around 2021 before they stop selling them.

Hopefully with a manual transmission.

Jeff

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
part of it lol
LCF?

Is the RCF "CCSR" coming to market?

As an aside, is the GR Super Sport concept actually going to become a reality? (In less than 5 yrs from now)

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Ya sorry 16+ viper acr. I don't track so its not about raw performance to me. The Viper is winning but Im holding out to see what this new supra is supposed to do over the next year or so. Also I think the ACRs are floating around 130-140 right now. Waiting to see if they come down a little, not sure if they will with the production stop.
ACRs are on the rise.. typically all genV Vipers have gone up in prices. 14 TAs are now into the 90s .. almost 10+k since mid last year. Most ACRs are more than what they were stickered when they were new at the moment. I donā€™t see it depreciating at all. Sorta like the MKIV Supras.

SupraGuy19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CRV Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I am curious, with all the different opinions on the new A90 Supra, who here will be able to afford one and who is actually going to be buying one when they come out.

Iā€™ll start. I can afford one but I am not convinced yet that I will actually want one. It has a lot to live up to before iā€™ll consider it.
No I can NOT afford this car.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
None of those listed
A sedan thats interesting to younger buyers?
Even both Korean manufacturers have far more interesting cars than what Lexus sells with the LS500 being an exception.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Buy the GS-F?

The two projects I'm on aren't sedans though.

CSUfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Buy the GS-F?

The two projects I'm on aren't sedans though.
I do hope that the major components in your project (namely the engine, for starters;)) eventually trickles down to Lexus sedans in time (as well as the production version of the LF-1)
Sponsored