Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Are u kidding! Valet car?? this car?
Maybe a Camry, but a sports car?
are u insane ?
Have you... ever seen a valet lot? The Supra will be the cheap piece of garbage in them. Valet lots are always filled with million dollar super cars, bentleys, porsches, classics, hot rods, etc. You don't pay $100-200 bucks to park a Camry for however long dinner lasts.
Sponsored

NewGuy

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium,18 X5 M
Have you... ever seen a valet lot? The Supra will be the cheap piece of garbage in them. Valet lots are always filled with million dollar super cars, bentleys, porsches, classics, hot rods, etc. You don't pay $100-200 bucks to park a Camry for however long dinner lasts.
I always valet my car and I can confirm that for the most part, @zrk is correct. The only time my car is the nicest is when I valet early in the morning and you have a family valet their minivan.

Might just be the area I'm in though. A lot of people own or rent exotics and valet them.

OH! The reason I always valet is because I'm too lazy to walk around looking for it. Also, Valet lots are insured, like mentioned above, and 9/10 times they leave my car up front.

Reactions: zrk

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I'm careful / mindful of where and who is parking my sports cars depending on the location and business...Not all valet parking services are the same, nor provide quality service, or are filled with high dollar sports cars that cater to the affluent, which by no means guarantees your car still isn't going to be abused... In some places I frequent I use valet service and other places I choose to park myself...

And seriously who cares if they or you have insurance...Who wants the hassle or inconvenience of having to get your car repaired which for me has nothing to do with money no matter how wealthy I am...Just trust your gut and do what makes you comfortable and try to ignore what others say you should be doing...

Last edited:

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I worked at a high end restaurant for 5 years as a valet and never had an issue. We had a small lot that’s apart of the restaurant and the restaurant is extremely well known for tourists from all over the world to visit and go to when they come. Because of the fact it’s a smaller lot we had to park it vs letting guests park themselves. The main reason was liability. If we had an issue where a guests car got damaged it was covered. If someone self parked and crashed into a guests car that we had parked in valet it became a much larger issue.
I distinctly remember a woman and her husband trying to park their old pos forester next to an Aston Martin vantage I had parked and they were being the biggest pita
I don't know, you look intelligent but that pet human in your avatar.. not sure I'd trust him..

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Because if it costs of couple of months of time without my toy to save the hastle of looking for parking in Chicago - so be it.
If that works for you that's fine...to each their own :thumbsup:

When I lived in downtown SF and wasn't comfortable with the valet service at an establishment we would simply
take a cab, Uber, or trolly...Parking was horrible there!

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
From past experience, there’s only one ass that fits in that seat, and it’s mine?
PS u guys that valet this car, or for that matter any high end car……your too trusting ?….or lazy?, or u lease ?…or,all of the above?

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe
I've let valets park my R8 and my Evora 400. Never had an issue. Could something bad happen? Sure. But most places with valet parking have some check and balance on the valets because they know they will be driving some expensive cars.

Tip the valet nicely when he takes your car and they will take good care of you.

That being said...it's your car. Do with it whatever you wish. You earned it.

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I live just outside of Philadelpha so a lot of our date nights include center city and old city. Most of the restaurants have valet parking which is cheaper then a parking garage, which I have used multiple times. However I will not take the Supra into the city so I don’t have to let them valet park it. When you see what they do here makes you cringe, park them half on curbs, side by side with inces of each other, and fly up to you like they are driving a nascar. I’m the wife’s MDX I’m ok with this in the Supra never.
This is kind of funny...a fully optioned MDX is more expensive than a fully optioned Supra.

Reactions: zrk

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
See - in my mind, which is clearly different than yours, life is to short to give a shit about things. Things are things. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I mean I agree with you. Life is too short. I deal with death daily at work, most worries are not worth it. Though there are certain things I don’t do because I know if I want it done right I do it myself or take it to an expert. I stopped caring about many of the nuisances of life, but there’s just something about not risking what you’re not willing to risk, if that makes any sense at all.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I mean I agree with you. Life is too short. I deal with death daily at work, most worries are not worth it. Though there are certain things I don’t do because I know if I want it done right I do it myself or take it to an expert. I stopped caring about many of the nuisances of life, but there’s just something about not risking what you’re not willing to risk, if that makes any sense at all.
I hear you. Very clearly. Thanks for the perspective.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
This is kind of funny...a fully optioned MDX is more expensive than a fully optioned Supra.
~ true but the MDX doesn’t sit low and susceptible to lower front bumper damage. the MDX also has a larger tire side wall and has a better chance of surviving curb rash to the rims. two completely different vehicles to compare when it comes to careless driver error and not to mention the performance aspect.

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Opinion:
I agree with the idea that sometimes you just have to let go. Most of us worked really hard to put ourselves in a position in life to splurge on an impractical sports car. With that comes a protective behavior to preserve what you worked hard for, so much so that we may not even drive our cars in some situations out of fear. Don't become the old C5 owner that waxes their car every weekend and never drives it anywhere. I'd happily accept a couple scratches to know I enjoyed my time with the Supra. Valets can be trusted in most cases. Put your energy into enjoying the people and venue you drove to rather than the parking situation.
I'm of similar mindset. I have a friend who buys about a half dozen exotics a year, and at any given time has $2 million plus of cars in his garage. Won't drive them if there is rain forecasted within 100 miles. Carries detailing clothes in them to open the frunk or otherwise touch the car. Full car PPF + ceramic on every car.

I was thinking of getting a 570S a couple of years ago and asked him what he thought (he had 2 570s, 2 675LTs, 2 720s, and a Senna on order)...I was concerned about depreciation because I buy cars (and bikes) to drive the ever living crap out of them.

He asked me how many miles I had put on my R8 (car I had at the time). I told him about 15,000 miles in a little over 2 years.

He looked at me and said, "I've owned over 20 exotic cars and haven't put that many miles on all of them combined."

To each their own. But that isn't for me. I certainly try to treat my cars well, but I'm not going to buy something that (usually because of price) makes me uncomfortable to actually enjoy it.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
Took the supra on a small vacation, got an Airbnb and in 1 of them they only had Free Valet parking. I ask they guy if I could park it my self he said nope.. I even told him i'll give you $25 to park it my self he still said no.. So I said never mind let me go park some where else. The guys (2) where just staring at the car like Ohh yeah ?... The wife told me she saw them looking at each other like excited to drive it... You guys think im just overthinking or took it a little over board by not doing valet?
Have you guys ever had it valet park and left the keys overnight?
I bet if you had gone with the valet, you would have spent the entire night worrying about your car. So you made the right call for yourself.

i personally don’t like using valets. Nothing to do with how expensive the car is. its a personal preference. I usually tip extra to have them point out a spot for me to park.
Sponsored