zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I’m so sick of all the snide comments
Rather than get sick of them, you could easily just not give a shit because who cares about some random person's ridiculous comment on the internet that has literally zero effect on your life at all.

Edit: Same goes for this comment. I'm also just an idiot with an internet connection and a keyboard.
Sponsored

Pylot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0
The only times I have gotten the "it's not a real Toyota" are 15-16 year olds flexing their NA Miata/350z.

Zero

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 89 Supra
At my last job as I was getting in my car to go home some kids in a pickup truck flew into the parking lot and yelled “it’s a bmw” which isn’t an insult if you ask me lol

Meep

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
90% of people that talk bad about the supra can't afford a 86 let alone a supra ?. Also it would cost a lot more money for toyota to make another engine just to appease a crowd that can't afford the car in the first place

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I get alot of shit from my co-workers when I pull up in my Supra or even tell them I own one. Alot of “How can you afford that car” or “I couldn’t justify spending that much on a car”. I’m a young professional with no kids and I deserve to treat myself!
I get that a lot from coworkers with all my cars I had from the past to present. I always said stay single?. It costs more to get married and costs alot more to get a divorce.?

Pej1282

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra, 2020 Avalon TRD, 2015 Lexus RC350
This is how I get people at car meets to think twice before they make any of those dumb “bMw” comments lol
95B2A04D-B41B-412D-8726-74D526D74D12.jpeg

Burgerman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Prem,
It should only bother you if you’re concerned about what others think about your purchase. Don’t live your life by others (thoughts, judgments, jealousy) opinions. It’s your own viewpoint that should matter. Happiness comes from within, not from others.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Went to Auto Zone for some odds and ends and a young gentleman working there vehemently said out loud "Oh their's a bunch of BMWs parked in the parking lot." He was talking about a 335i and my Supra. The he began telling coworkers about how the new Z is going to destroy it (the Supra).

Then the dude told me I should have waited to buy the new Z. I told him that I didn't care and that I appreciate all sports cars. Then I started to let him know that some of the great sportscars in motorsport history came from collaborations. I also told him that I feel bad for people who get swept up in cult-like brand loyalty to companies who could care less if they lived or died.

He did not talk to me anymore after that.

This was the first time I was every met with vitriol concerning my car.
I have a lot of "car guy" friends who are all cult like brand loyalists in disguise. When the news of the new Z popped up last week and it was confirmed that the twin turbo engine was going to be in it, all they did was start talking crap about the Supra and started asking me what I thought about all the controversies that were being spread online. I told them I didn't give a damn, I owned a 370z in the past and it was a good car, but Nissan's build quality is no where near as nice as what I've gotten in this Supra and lets face it, the new Z is going to be a parts bin car that they've put together from all kinds of old pre-existing parts from other cars that came before it. Does it look good, sure, will it make great power, sure, but so does the Supra. Currently my Supra makes 443whp and 521wtq from just a downpipe, and I'm on 93 octane and the sky is the limit with these B58 Supras. I personally think the Supra looks better, sounds better than the Z from the sound clips I've heard, and I think it's going to be really funny when you see the majority of these new Z owners rocking an automatic gear box for the best performance, when all we've been hearing for two years now is how it's a "real sports car" because it will have a manual. For all the Z owners who buy the manual, prepare to get gapped all day long!

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I get alot of shit from my co-workers when I pull up in my Supra or even tell them I own one. Alot of “How can you afford that car” or “I couldn’t justify spending that much on a car”. I’m a young professional with no kids and I deserve to treat myself!
I have to listen to that exact same crap myself. Everyone in my family grew up poor, the most expensive car anyone in my family owns is an SRT Challenger that was bought used a few years back for like $30,000. I try to explain to all of them or anyone for that matter, that what you're willing to spend your money on is relevant to the person and their income/expenses and I am 100% fine with what I spend on this car. My car was $58,000 with tax/tag/title, then I put $15,000 down and traded my car I had at the time which got me a pay off and $2,000 positive trade value. To me, that was a damn good deal. My insurance payments also went DOWN $45 a month and I was driving a damn 2016 Genesis Coupe R-Spec Manual..... I currently pay $144 a month for full coverage on my Supra.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
It should only bother you if you’re concerned about what others think about your purchase. Don’t live your life by others (thoughts, judgments, jealousy) opinions. It’s your own viewpoint that should matter. Happiness comes from within, not from others.
True, but we all care at least a little bit. It’s part of being a social species. That said? It’s good to keep it in check best we can.

We are, at the end of the day, only vaguely self aware dung flinging monkeys. If you have a few minutes, this pretty good video illustrates howclose we realty are:

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rather than get sick of them, you could easily just not give a shit because who cares about some random person's ridiculous comment on the internet that has literally zero effect on your life at all.

Edit: Same goes for this comment. I'm also just an idiot with an internet connection and a keyboard.
Not saying you're an idiot, but I agree completely. This is how I go about my day to day lol. Everyones an idiot with an opinion unless you prove otherwise. I will be down to earth and respectful to everyone I meet though, until they give me a real reason not to be.

Travelingsoldier

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 2.5RS, 2003 WRX, 2005 STI, 2012 WRX, 2017 Hobie Tandem Island
I currently pay $144 a month for full coverage on my Supra.
I pay $82 bucks a month with full coverage in NC. That’s quite expensive to me at least.

12A18E45-852B-4EC6-8C7B-73D78F3D65F7.jpeg

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
So I had some random dude say something to me at work. I work at a childrens hospital and as he is checking in his kid he sees my background on the computer screen (my Supra) then says “that’s a BMW” and kinda smirks.
I was tired so I just replied with “yeah but whatever it is the car is fun to drive”

Random guy - “yeah but there’s BMW parts in it”

Me - “yeah ok but what do you drive?”

Random guy - “oh no, I’m not saying I wouldn’t drive it”

Me - “oh ok, just making sure.”
Silence from everyone around the greeter desk lol.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
So I had some random dude say something to me at work. I work at a childrens hospital and as he is checking in his kid he sees my background on the computer screen (my Supra) then says “that’s a BMW” and kinda smirks.
I was tired so I just replied with “yeah but whatever it is the car is fun to drive”

Random guy - “yeah but there’s BMW parts in it”

Me - “yeah ok but what do you drive?”

Random guy - “oh no, I’m not saying I wouldn’t drive it”

Me - “oh ok, just making sure.”
Silence from everyone around the greeter desk lol.
I feel like the best way to respond "but it's a BMW" at least in person is just to ask, "And that's a bad thing because?" and see if they can finish that sentence.
Sponsored