Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
^^Looks so heavy, even the interior looks heavy. I think C63 Amg wins that segment.

In regards to the Supra, I feel like what I wanted the car to be it won’t, but I’m trying not to loose hope.

Waiting for either a bombshell of just mediocre no middle ground of satisfaction with this car I think.

M2 competition seems like a winner with 410 hp and a manual gearbox.

Still some time left for Toyota, we’ll see
Sponsored

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
They lost my interest when no manual was a reality.. but I’m a car enthusiast as much as the other guy and even if I’m not buying I’m always keen to know what’s going on.

I’ll probably never buy this car if it were auto only appliance from BMW with a Toyota name.. just like I never had an interest to buy the R35 GTR.
@PerformanceSound just felt a pain on his chest

Yes!they joined the lights together!!
18-08-29-lexus-rc-2019-f-sport.jpg

SupraGuy19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CRV Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Is it just me or is everyone else excitement level is way down about this car? Has Toyota waited too long? Personally I lost interest, it may be a great car but it’s taking forever to release any info to keep me interested. No info means there is not much there really to get excited about. If it was different from the Z4 Toyota should be out there singing that song. Maybe it’s on purpose, to let everyone lower their expectations so when it does get revealed no one will care too much one way or another?

This is very unusual marketing for such a car considering we are only 6-8 months from the car hitting showrooms.

How excited are you? From 1-10, 10 being most excited, I am at a 4 right now.
I'm at a 7

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Feeling a 5 right now, because it is a head scratcher to imagine the Supra is out and about, getting tested and BMW's Z4 is doing all this press run while Toyota is quiet. Unless this was discussed and Toyota needs to wait until November to do any promo because BMW is up first until then, at least throw a bone.

Without A70 and Guff, this forum would be dead.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Five here as well; if a manual with user-selectable rev-matching was coming I'd be at a 9. If pricing turns out to start at $57k+ CAD for a base inline 6, that will drop to a 2.

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Subaru WRX STI, 1997 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale
My excitement is still at a 10. The supra was and forever will be my favorite car. I haven't even driven it, but the nostalgia I get from seeing this car (mk4) and the excitement I get from the fact that she is coming back lighter and more track oriented....I can't wait. Especially if there will be a GRMN version that will "Decimate all, after, you put about 15 grand in it or more".

Could I afford this? Maybe not yet. I make a decent salary, 24, debt free with no wife and kids. I could save up and buy the used model after 2 years once depreciation takes it ugly toll. You can bet your sweet ass i'll be buying. Even if there's no manual, I would sacrifice that part of the car since I trust Akio and Tada.

I don't mind if it has BMW parts....the supra is coming back......and I couldn't be any happier.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
^ Toyota respectfully requests that you replicate yourself 10,000 times. After upping your income so you and all your clones can buy new.

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ Toyota respectfully requests that you replicate yourself 10,000 times. After upping your income so you and all your clones can buy new.
LOL. I can buy this car brand new. But why would I want to lose all that money in depreciation? That's what I meant by not afford. I'm not in a postion to waste money to 10% depreciation.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My excitement is still at a 10. The supra was and forever will be my favorite car. I haven't even driven it, but the nostalgia I get from seeing this car (mk4) and the excitement I get from the fact that she is coming back lighter and more track oriented....I can't wait. Especially if there will be a GRMN version that will "Decimate all, after, you put about 15 grand in it or more".

Could I afford this? Maybe not yet. I make a decent salary, 24, debt free with no wife and kids. I could save up and buy the used model after 2 years once depreciation takes it ugly toll. You can bet your sweet ass i'll be buying. Even if there's no manual, I would sacrifice that part of the car since I trust Akio and Tada.

I don't mind if it has BMW parts....the supra is coming back......and I couldn't be any happier.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6485

I just read that thread and if Moto can change from ordering a manual 86 to a paddle-shifting 86 at a 25k price tag, I wonder how the Supra's ZF8 will fare thanks to the R&D spent on this joint venture with BMW.

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

tarpatel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
my mom's camry
That was an interesting read for sure haha.
yes it was interesting to read again. I remember reading it the first time. Having driven a AT FRS a few years later it also showed me, in my opinion, how completely wrong he was in pretty much everything he wrote. Some of what he wrote is pretty dang funny too. That Toyota red cool-aid is pretty strong stuff....

Leeky

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GT86 SemiAuto, Mercedes-Benz ML55, Toyota Aygo X-Press X-Drive
Vehicle Showcase
My 86 spends 90% of its life on track and I went with the Auto just because it felt better than the manual in every way. I think it actually suits the car better.

Coming back to the subject of this thread though; Im here because as an ex MK2/MK4 Supra owner I am excited about it but im almost certainly not going to buy a one new - if at all.

I really dont like how it’s unlikely to be built in Japan, so as I’m so deeply in love with my 86 its going to need to be very special for me to want to trade up.

If it does turn out to be so epic that I need one in my life i’ll probably buy a 2-3 year old used one. I could easily afford new, but brand new cars just loose so much value in their first few years.

Also here in the UK we get 5 years warranty (not sure if thats the same for the whole world) so a used one will still be covered.

I bought my 86 from a Toyota main dealer when it was only 2 years old and it was half the price of a brand new 86. Im hoping the new Supra will depreciate similarly.

Last edited:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
@PerformanceSound just felt a pain on his chest

Yes!they joined the lights together!!
18-08-29-lexus-rc-2019-f-sport.jpg
Lol! Yes, a deep deep pain in my chest. I am a little busy with my 2JZX project at the moment...ordered some goodies last week and they all arrived. It was like Christmas, only in August.:thumbsup:

As for that new Lexus RC...I don't know what Lexus designers were thinking or "envisioning". Sometimes, I feel like those designers are secret agents from other car makers hired within Lexus to purposely do this to run the company into the ground. How do; Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Jaguar, etc... all seem to have attractive sexy looking sports cars, and Lexus has CT200h looking mongrels in their entire lineup (excluding the LFA of course)? Let me guess, the 3.5 V6 returns, except with 5hp more?:doh: Let's hope the "F" version of this "beaut" looks somewhat decent.

Oh well, back to my 27yr old project car that looks (and will perform) better than 90% of the new cars today....at half the cost.:D

Last edited:

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
This may be an unpopular opinion but you can be excited about a car without the promise of buying it.

For example, I get really excited thinking about the Cadillac ATS-V:
Coupe
RWD
Twin Turbo V6
Sport Suspension
LSD
In a Cadillac

Am I running out to the buy the car? No, but it is exciting to think about
Sponsored