Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
This may be an unpopular opinion but you can be excited about a car without the promise of buying it.

For example, I get really excited thinking about the Cadillac ATS-V:
Coupe
RWD
Twin Turbo V6
Sport Suspension
LSD
In a Cadillac

Am I running out to the buy the car? No, but it is exciting to think about
That’s the same difference between jerking off and actually engaging in the act of intercourse
Sponsored

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
My excitement is still at a 10. The supra was and forever will be my favorite car. I haven't even driven it, but the nostalgia I get from seeing this car (mk4) and the excitement I get from the fact that she is coming back lighter and more track oriented....I can't wait. Especially if there will be a GRMN version that will "Decimate all, after, you put about 15 grand in it or more".

Could I afford this? Maybe not yet. I make a decent salary, 24, debt free with no wife and kids. I could save up and buy the used model after 2 years once depreciation takes it ugly toll. You can bet your sweet ass i'll be buying. Even if there's no manual, I would sacrifice that part of the car since I trust Akio and Tada.

I don't mind if it has BMW parts....the supra is coming back......and I couldn't be any happier.
Hold your horses, man. There are not even final product designs, yet. It isnt even said to be lighter. But, you are in for a surprise if you are interested in the GRMN version. It is just a "Fast Looking Car." Spoilers, Fancy knobs, rims, and body kit.

Prove me wrong, Toyota.

Just release this freakin' thing already so I can see what next Toyota Global Architecture is.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Hold your horses, man. There are not even final product designs, yet. It isnt even said to be lighter. But, you are in for a surprise if you are interested in the GRMN version. It is just a "Fast Looking Car." Spoilers, Fancy knobs, rims, and body kit.

Prove me wrong, Toyota.

Just release this freakin' thing already so I can see what next Toyota Global Architecture is.
Sub 3100 pounds?:popcorn:

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
I feel that Toyota has felt pressured to release info because everyone is so excited.

Do people follow the development start to finish on a new Camry or Avalon? No...

So I mean yes this car is taking a long time. But its not Toyota putting on the teaser show. Its us waiting on any tidbit of info.

It's just because of the hype. We are following every detail. What other cars being developed are leaking more info in development stages? Not many.

It's just the way it goes when there is a lot of hype. Not much different than when I followed the FRS/BRZ release

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
I feel that Toyota has felt pressured to release info because everyone is so excited.

Do people follow the development start to finish on a new Camry or Avalon? No...

So I mean yes this car is taking a long time. But its not Toyota putting on the teaser show. Its us waiting on any tidbit of info.

It's just because of the hype. We are following every detail. What other cars being developed are leaking more info in development stages? Not many.

It's just the way it goes when there is a lot of hype. Not much different than when I followed the FRS/BRZ release
The Z4 has....

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
I'm definitely still excited. This is still one of my favorite car models. The two-seat-only configuration in the A90 definitely puts prospective everyday use of it into a different category than the 2+2 A80... but then I have to remember that this time they're trying to get a little closer to their two-seater 2000GT heritage. And personally I really like what I've learned so far about the new top-line I6 turbo engine. That's one of the big aspects that I am looking forward to.

However the strong likelihood of no manual being available on THIS particular car, and in a car market where even no-brainer-just-offer-a-manual enthusiast cars are beginning to show a lack of manuals being available, does turn any kind of serious thought on purchasing to other performance cars that do still offer a manual.

I'm also open to the possibility of being blown away by this car even if it does have a sole ZF8 auto transmission. But I've been thinking about it for a bit since manuals are becoming more scarce these days... what would probably not replace my preference for a manual but rather make me more interested would be some kind of user-definable shift logic and other transmission parameters.

If the R35 GTR was marketed partly on all the different settings you can play with on its dash screen then why can't the A90 Supra do this in terms of personalizing exactly how and in what style we want the auto-only transmission to shift and behave?

See, this wouldn't necessarily be about making the gearbox faster but more interesting on an owner-by-owner basis. You could focus on just shift speed but just as with a traditional manual I'm much more interested in how interactive and fun the car is to operate and tailor to my own style.

Cobb Tuning is getting into transmission shift logic flash tuning these days. Toyota could hypothetically offer owner definable shift logic menus with a lot of in-depth parameters to choose from.

Something like that would still never replace a traditional manual transmission with a third pedal but I'd probably be more interested if such extensive user-defined auto transmission control options came standard on a non-manual flagship Supra.

^^ Just my speculative hypothetical ideas but really... this is the kind of thinking that should be more prevalent when it comes to non-manual transmissions: ie "screw faster shifting... that's easy in default mode... so what can we offer or change in order to make this less interactive transmission much more FUN to use?"

Regardless, I'm still very interested to see and learn about the A90 once it's revealed. Also, what else they will develop for it over the model run.

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
I'm about 8-ish. I've been anticipated this car for quite some time now, and while Toyota's really been testing my patience this past year, I'm at the point where the Supra would just be a secondary car for me, so the wait isn't too big of a deal. I think a majority of my excitement comes from the 'rumors' that Toyota redesigned/tuned the B58 to their liking (Iron block, Yamaha tuned head). If this is the case, then I have no doubt that this will be a VERY capable car. I've never really delved into researching the potential of the B58, but after doing so, I think it was a great decision by Toyota to choose this as their flagship motor for the Supra.

Patchaaron

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IS350, corolla
Lol! Yes, a deep deep pain in my chest. I am a little busy with my 2JZX project at the moment...ordered some goodies last week and they all arrived. It was like Christmas, only in August.:thumbsup:

As for that new Lexus RC...I don't know what Lexus designers were thinking or "envisioning". Sometimes, I feel like those designers are secret agents from other car makers hired within Lexus to purposely do this to run the company into the ground. How do; Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Jaguar, etc... all seem to have attractive sexy looking sports cars, and Lexus has CT200h looking mongrels in their entire lineup (excluding the LFA of course)? Let me guess, the 3.5 V6 returns, except with 5hp more?:doh: Let's hope the "F" version of this "beaut" looks somewhat decent.

Oh well, back to my 27yr old project car that looks (and will perform) better than 90% of the new cars today....at half the cost.:D
I mean it does have lambo headlights, or does the lambo have zx headlights? I forget which way that went.

Patchaaron

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IS350, corolla
I'm at about a solid 2 right now. hopefully that'll change when we get official specs from Toyota but im assuming it'll probably be disappointing and ill lose interest in it entirely until 2030 or so then midlife crisis buy it and tune it.

I'd probably be more excited for a 200hp rwd or awd corolla right now... which is basically the 86 I guess.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I mean it does have lambo headlights, or does the lambo have zx headlights? I forget which way that went.
Lambo used 300ZX headlights. Lamborghini even made a small color matched strip to cover the part of the headlight that said "Nissan" on it. God I miss the 90's era Japanese cars...they were way ahead of their time.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, so excitement level?....probably a 5. To me, a Supra means super strong power-train with Toyota reliability and durability....and so since we don't have concrete information on what those drive-train components will be, I am at a 5 simply based on the idea of a new Supra. This may change as new information about the MKV Supra is available that is more relevant to what I am looking for in a sports car. Styling and such really means nothing to me, as I am more of a function-over-form buyer....that's why I love the R35 GTR so much. The MKV Supra has the potential to be one of the greatest sports car of this era, if Toyota wants it to be. However, I personally think all signs are pointing to just another mass produced budget car.
Sponsored