Why I'm NOT Hyped About The New Toyota Supra

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
sure but many of us didn't care about what direction BMW was heading :) Toyota needed nothing from BMW except to merely make this project cheaper for themselves
Okay?
Sponsored

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
sure but many of us didn't care about what direction BMW was heading :) Toyota needed nothing from BMW except to merely make this project cheaper for themselves
tbf,they needed the straight six

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
think you're confused? SS900 was asking why the bigger company (Toyota) needed to borrow from the smaller one (BMW) and your response was what BMW needed from Toyota. :what:
It needed an inline 6

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
It needed an inline 6
tbf,they needed the straight six
tbf? how many times have we been through this, has nothing to do with "needing" BMW in order to create an inline 6...it was all due to money...Toyota could have retooled one of their existing plants, hell they were still making the V12 Century engine which IIRC was originally developed from the JZ series. Obviously this is all crying over spilled milk, and we can throw in the "it would have never happened without the partnership" cop out but we also don't need more apologists.. Meanwhile Toyota is going to pour their money into a car none of us can afford (GR SS)

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
tbf? how many times have we been through this, has nothing to do with "needing" BMW in order to create an inline 6...it was all due to money...Toyota could have retooled one of their existing plants, hell they were still making the V12 Century engine which IIRC was originally developed from the JZ series. Obviously this is all crying over spilled milk, and we can throw in the "it would have never happened without the partnership" cop out but we also don't need more apologists.. Meanwhile Toyota is going to pour their money into a car none of us can afford (GR SS)
I never said they needed BMW, I said they needed an inline 6. They could have done it without them thats for sure. BMW could have also done the other without Toyota. But why when you can combine minds to make the best of both worlds

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
because the GRSS is a hybrid

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
They are all actually directly related

Have you driven a modern BMW besides the 2 series? They cant get the steering right at all. The E89 Z4 is a great example of a car that is neither good handling or sporty. They approached Tada, allegedly, after the FRS reveal.
Audi and Mercedes uses electric turbos, Bmw needs to compete and Toyota has great hybrid tech.
Bmw is 100 HP short of the C63 AMG in their M3/M4
Once again.... ignoring what you said because thatā€™s a whole new conversation, my comment was not about the needs of bmw. why would Toyota, the bigger and richer company would need bmw in order to build a Supra? The answer is to save on money because they didnā€™t care to develop anything of their own. They are bigger, richer, yet canā€™t do what the smaller companies do.

Youā€™ll probably still wonā€™t get it.... record is skipping.

Last edited:

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Once again.... ignoring what you said because thatā€™s a whole new conversation, why comment was not about the needs of bmw. why would Toyota, the bigger and richer company would need bmw in order to build a Supra? The answer is to save on money because they didnā€™t care to develop anything of their own. They are bigger, richer, yet canā€™t do what the smaller companies do.

I cant explain something to someone who isn't willing to listen. You can just scroll up and read why if you were willing to listen

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
Once again.... ignoring what you said because thatā€™s a whole new conversation, why comment was not about the needs of bmw. why would Toyota, the bigger and richer company would need bmw in order to build a Supra? The answer is to save on money because they didnā€™t care to develop anything of their own. They are bigger, richer, yet canā€™t do what the smaller companies do.

"Can't" is your opinion which you like to mix in subtly with what you like to pass as fact. Toyota wanted this partnership and they got it.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I never said they needed BMW, I said they needed an inline 6. They could have done it without them thats for sure. BMW could have also done the other without Toyota. But why when you can combine minds to make the best of both worlds
well looking at your list of what BMW was lacking from your previous post, I'm not so sure I would consider them as being "best" in anything to collaborate on lol...meanwhile Mercedes introduces a new series of inline 6 engines... Just upsetting that Toyota couldn't believe in themselves a little more and take total accountability on this project.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
well looking at your list of what BMW was lacking from your previous post, I'm not so sure I would consider them as being "best" in anything to collaborate on lol...meanwhile Mercedes introduces a new series of inline 6 engines... Just upsetting that Toyota couldn't believe in themselves a little more and take total accountability on this project.
I agree it is disappointing but we can't change that

Reactions: HKz

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
@SS900,

False

False

False

You're welcome :)

There is so much more to it, but if you want to believe these garbage automotive media sources then by all means.
You do realize that you are the only one that says/claims completely differently from all other sources yet not a single word or hint from Toyota is backing up a single thing you claim.

I just find it interesting. Iā€™ll leave you and your minions be but this thread smells funny.
Sponsored