Will visibility be an issue on the Supra?

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
You will get a feel for the car for parking in time. The parking sensors can help with this. That is really my only visibility gripe with the car is front vis for parking. Proper mirror setup will eliminate blind spots along with or without the sensors.
Sponsored

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I'm 6.0" and the rear visibility when reversing out isn't great but the fish-eye rear view camera helps

Otherwise, visibility is about the same as an A80 supra.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
No parking sensors here only cam

Yes extra careful driving the Supra

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Is it true the Japanese model has front facing camera? I saw a video with a camera view of the front on YouTube.

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
So does that mean, visibility is not a deal-breaker right? I couldn't evaluate this properly, as I did not get enough time in the car!! I wonder how bad is it in other sports cars? Does Porsche have similar visibility issues or is it better or worse?? Any clue?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I drive semis for a living, so seeing out of the Supra was no problem for me. Just follow the proper procedure. Signal, look in the side mirror, then over your shoulder, and move if clear. With the sensors it's even easier.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
So does that mean, visibility is not a deal-breaker right? I couldn't evaluate this properly, as I did not get enough time in the car!! I wonder how bad is it in other sports cars? Does Porsche have similar visibility issues or is it better or worse?? Any clue?
I have gotten used to is and with the side mirrors adjusted correctly, I see to the side and behind without an issue. And I turn and look and continue to do so as I move, because many people are shitty drivers and will change a lane without signaling and slam up behind you.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Havenā€™t had any visibility issues, especially with the parking sensors and the reverse camera. Parallel parking is also fine because passenger side mirror tips down so I can see the curb.

One thing that could be improved is if the drivers side mirror would also tip down so parallel parking is easier on the other side.

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Now that I have gotten used to the visibility sitting in other cars like a Camry, for instance, feels like sitting in a bus.
LOL

roadtripper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I agree! Our problem is not so much seeing out, But being seen! I can't believe how many Supra's have been whacked. We are like magnets.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Visibility in this car compared to other sports cars I driven is tragic imo anyway :D

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Now that I have gotten used to the visibility sitting in other cars like a Camry, for instance, feels like sitting in a bus.
LOL
After driving the supra as my daily for about a month, I returned to the avalon and had the same impression.. felt like I was driving a square box 10' off the ground.

kage65

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
miata
Mods Pls delete

Last edited:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Finally sat in the Supra today. I was struck by how short the windshield is, and hence less visibility out the front of the car. Iā€™m surprised to have never heard this mentioned in any reviews Iā€™ve seen - save for one that mentioned having to lean forward in order to see stoplights.
Has anyone else noticed this? Iā€™m coming from a 991 911 and a Miata , both of which have much more visibility out the front ( especially the 911).
It's because of the looooong hood. It gives the illusion of less visibility. Only time I have to reach to see is to see a traffic light if I'm first in line. And that's because you sit so far back. Other than that visibility is fine to me. Especially with the sensors equipped.

kage65

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
miata
It's because of the looooong hood. It gives the illusion of less visibility. Only time I have to reach to see is to see a traffic light if I'm first in line. And that's because you sit so far back. Other than that visibility is fine to me. Especially with the sensors equipped.
Sensors?
Sponsored