Winter storage procedures / Are you storing Supra for winter?

Bruins71

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, Highlander,Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
yup put my baby to sleep in storage October 28
supra sleeping.jpg
Sponsored

Cornholio

First Name
Beavis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Supra Premium
I'm driving it every chance I get. In Kansas City, MO we have strange winter weather. It might be 10 tomorrow and 50 the next day

swat-spence

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, Raptor - C8 Z06 allocation deposited
Texas is a fun place for driving year round. Gets to cold or icy, it goes in hibernation for a few days.

Davedaveee

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GR Premium 3.0
Yep, mine is cleaned, prepped and stored till late March/April. Chilling on a CTEK Battery Maintainer for the duration. We get rough lake effect snow between the Great Lakes here in Southern Ontario.

splions

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tacoma
Why must you charge the battery? I start mine up every week and go for a quick spin around the neighborhood and let it run for 10 minutes or so. Is that not enough?

J_Orr

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra Mk5, Nissan S14, Fiesta ST150, Peugeot 205 STDT
Vehicle Showcase
Why must you charge the battery? I start mine up every week and go for a quick spin around the neighborhood and let it run for 10 minutes or so. Is that not enough?
Why put extra wear and miles on the car, when you can keep the battery in top condition with a $20 charger..?

splions

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tacoma
The extra mileage is 1 mile around my subdivision every two weeks. I won't sweat it.

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
I’d be more concerned about constant short trips without anything getting up to temp and all the condensation being created in the oil and not being worked out of it.

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
The sales department said “we can’t give these cars away”
They (dealers in general, not yours specifically) shouldn’t have screwed around when sales started and had ridiculous markups. They missed the boat and IMO created their own problem when they made the sales experience horrible. I’m sure being winter also doesn’t help sales.

Boomer64

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV, Lexus RX350 & SC430
I am be sure to protect expensive battery with these tips.

Hi....I followed your recommendation and bought this charger, as I have the car in winter storage and will not be driving it until spring. As I had the car stored for 2 months in my garage before buying the charger, it took a day or so to fully recharge. Once the charger reached ‘FUL’, I disconnected it. I’m now thinking I should just leave it plugged in and attached. Is that what you’re doing with your car? I’m not planning to get it back on the road until at least early March, when I hope we don’t see any more ice and snow (Pacific Northwest)!

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
Hi....I followed your recommendation and bought this charger, as I have the car in winter storage and will not be driving it until spring. As I had the car stored for 2 months in my garage before buying the charger, it took a day or so to fully recharge. Once the charger reached ‘FUL’, I disconnected it. I’m now thinking I should just leave it plugged in and attached. Is that what you’re doing with your car? I’m not planning to get it back on the road until at least early March, when I hope we don’t see any more ice and snow (Pacific Northwest)!
Absolutely leave it plugged in & it will keep battery maintained safely all winter.

XPOTTEDPLANTX

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Car(s)
2020 supra, 09 sti hatch, 69 nova, 68 camaro
They don't need batteries replaced they just need to be charged and have the techs "reinstall" the battery on the computer. We had a few already that sales let go dead. bmw system doesnt like that. I get it. They dont want people stranded because their smart stop tech. Toyotas newer cars do this too...Trickle charge the damn thing! Lol what's winter storage? I live in san antonio texas and there is no winter here. ! I'm loving seeing yalls cars and garages! You guys are badasses

XPOTTEDPLANTX

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Car(s)
2020 supra, 09 sti hatch, 69 nova, 68 camaro
Who pays the techs to charge them? We are going to replace them every time.
sales pays. Nothing is done for free. You seem to know how it is lol. They would replace the battery if they could I'm sure. They really are picky with warranty especially if it's not a sold unit. At least in our region. They like to kick claims and find any excuse not to pay... they like to request parts to be further inspected its can be pretty crazy.
Sponsored