First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
i’m also in ontario and will be storing during winter. should i/we still change the oil when spring comes when break in still isn’t done yet? first new car tia.
there is a special break in oil in it initially. I would leave it in there until the break in period is completed
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
100% false. Even M cars don't have break in oil. I actually can't think of any modern car that does.
Mine came with it. Maybe it was just at my dealership in Hungary then.

luv2xlr8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I would use the highest possible octane for the full tank of fuel and avoid ethanol blends for storage. I can’t recall the exact science behind it but someone will be able to chime in. 94 octane 0% ethanol fuel, no stabilizer and my lawnmower starts second pull every spring!

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
I would use the highest possible octane for the full tank of fuel and avoid ethanol blends for storage. I can’t recall the exact science behind it but someone will be able to chime in. 94 octane 0% ethanol fuel, no stabilizer and my lawnmower starts second pull every spring!
Most of the gas in Canada, (east coast), has up to 10% ethanol. E10. No way around it. And yes i've heard/read that the ethanol can break down anything rubber.

I'm not sold on fuel stabilizer stuff though. Some of these cars are tuned. What does the stabilizer do to the fuel? Is it upping the octane? Decreasing it? What is the additive and is going to do more harm than good?

luv2xlr8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Most of the gas in Canada, (east coast), has up to 10% ethanol. E10. No way around it. And yes i've heard/read that the ethanol can break down anything rubber.

I'm not sold on fuel stabilizer stuff though. Some of these cars are tuned. What does the stabilizer do to the fuel? Is it upping the octane? Decreasing it? What is the additive and is going to do more harm than good?
Even here in BC finding ethanol free fuel can be difficult. Our best pump fuel is currently Shell 93 and one of the folks on here mentioned it was between 7-8% ethanol. Chevron 94 was ethanol free but has recently changed.

My basic understanding of the claims of the stabilizer is that it (somehow) keeps the fuel fresh, and prevents the damage that can occur with ethanol attracting water. Someone on here will know the chemistry behind it, unfortunately it isn't me.

My car usually only sits for five months, so I personally do not use any stabilizer and I have never had a problem. This will be my first year storing knowing there is ethanol in the fuel though.

Full tank of fuel, high quality battery tender (CTEK or NOCO), placed where I can move the car once over the winter to prevent the tires from sitting, and then only start it up in the spring. Never had an issue.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Why make life more difficult than it should be?

I use Stabil360 as I hibernate for 6months and sometimes it might take me a while to consume the old gas in the Spring. 360 has vaporizing capability to keep the internals protected even if the tanks is less than 90% unlike Stabil red. My car went into hibernation a couple of weeks ago.

I use Stabil red in my jerry can for my snow blower and portable generator.

I let my lawn contractor do all the mowing and trimming and landscaping.

I let my wife bake and cook in the kitchen while I watch TV. :coffee:

Eddy90

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT
Full tank of fuel, high quality battery tender (CTEK or NOCO), placed where I can move the car once over the winter to prevent the tires from sitting, and then only start it up in the spring. Never had an issue.
How long is considered "sitting".
Glad I read thru this thread. I was planning on sitting it up on the jacks for +5 months....

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
How long is considered "sitting".
Glad I read thru this thread. I was planning on sitting it up on the jacks for +5 months....
Just inflate the tires to within at least 3 psi of the max pressure and they’ll be fine even without flat stoppers. No need to move it until spring. Do not jack it up and let it sit with the suspension hanging.

luv2xlr8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Just inflate the tires to within at least 3 psi of the max pressure and they’ll be fine even without flat stoppers. No need to move it until spring. Do not jack it up and let it sit with the suspension hanging.
This: I inflate to around 90% max, usually roll the car out of the garage once during the winter, clean up a bit, push it back in. Even if you just roll it back a foot it should prevent any real concerns.
Sponsored