First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra LE #1292, 2012 Yamaha R6
My wife can definitely relate. She walked into a VW dealership to check out a manual Golf R, and they tried to push her into an automatic Beetle, because 'people like you usually like them better' - yes, he literally said that. The amount of BS that you all have to deal with is absolutely idiotic.
"People like you" ahahahaha.

When I was in my early 20's, I went to check out an SRT4 that I was already mentally committed to buying because the price was a steal. As I was looking it over and making sure the price wasn't reflecting a major hidden issue, the salesman was trying to sell me on it and told me that it was AWD.

I don't expect every car salesman to be a car expert, so I was polite in saying "Oh, actually these are just FWD. It would be cool if they had an AWD option, though." He straight up got offended and started raising his voice so everyone on the floor could hear him "correct this woman about a car."

"Ma'am, MA'AM, I don't know what you do for a living but I've been SELLING CARS FOR 15 YEARS and this is one of those things YOU LADIES NEED TO LEAVE TO THE BOYS."

His manager eventually came out, told him to shut the fuck up, apologized to me, and handed my sale over to a nice woman who handled the rest of the transaction pretty smoothly. ?
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

When I was in my early 20's, I went to check out an SRT4 that I was already mentally committed to buying because the price was a steal. As I was looking it over and making sure the price wasn't reflecting a major hidden issue, the salesman was trying to sell me on it and told me that it was AWD.

I don't expect every car salesman to be a car expert, so I was polite in saying "Oh, actually these are just FWD. It would be cool if they had an AWD option, though." He straight up got offended and started raising his voice so everyone on the floor could hear him "correct this woman about a car."

"Ma'am, MA'AM, I don't know what you do for a living but I've been SELLING CARS FOR 15 YEARS and this is one of those things YOU LADIES NEED TO LEAVE TO THE BOYS."

His manager eventually came out, told him to shut the fuck up, apologized to me, and handed my sale over to a nice woman who handled the rest of the transaction pretty smoothly. ?
Did you buy it? What price did you get on that bad boy?

Jaxness

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
Did you buy it? What price did you get on that bad boy?
I bought it for $8,000 OTD. Very fun car aside from those damn manual crank windows, haha

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2

Should have been his last day selling, the next day on the lot detailing and moving cars!!

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
Wow I have a few stores, haha. The first one was at a Subaru dealership that wouldn't let me test drive a BRZ.... A BRZ!!! And they were also not negotiating on price. This was when the car first came out. I ended up buying a BRZ in Colorado and did all the communication over email and phone. They mailed me the contract and financing and the car was already plated and mine when I arrived. The sales woman met me outside with the keys when I arrived from the airport. They also picked my up from the airport (Denver) and drove me to Colorado Springs.

The next was my wife's CX-5. I bought this CPO since it was a good deal. When I got home I realized the tires were mismatched with different brands. Also the thread depth was too low. I checked the CPO sheet and the tires are supposed to match and be a certain depth. I went back to the dealership and they took it to the back and took a video of the measurement. They were using the tool wrong, first of all. They were twisting it like a screw and its just a depth gauge you push. They were just trying to BS me, and I called them out on that. They eventually said if I didn't want the car, they would just take it back. I almost gave it back out of principle, but someone had just totaled my wife's car the day before and she needed a car, and all the other CX-5s were a few grand more, even at different dealerships. So I just told them to give me back the keys and left. I just steer people away from that dealership now. My parents bought a CX-5 a year later and I went with them to a different Mazda dealership. Even at that other dealership, the finance guy was doing a whole leather protector demonstration where me and my family almost laughed. We were all wearing facemasks, but man I wish he could've seen out full faces!

The for my Supra, it was more about finding the right deal. A leftover 2020 since everyone was hyped on 2021 HP increases. I test drove one at the local dealership, but it was red and I wanted a Turbulence Grey one. And they weren't negotiating much. As time went and 2021s started showing up, dealers were giving discounts on 2020s and Toyota was even offering a $4500 rebate. So I got one dealership in a small town in NY to match the rebate for a total of $9k off and only a $75 dealer fee. They mailed all the paperwork and the car was already owned by me and insured by time I showed up a week later. They just handed me the keys and I drove off.

I'm definitely liking that route now going forward. Test driving and leaving, then buying the best deal within a 2000 mile radius and doing all paperwork before arriving at the dealership.

Jaxness

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
I'm definitely liking that route now going forward. Test driving and leaving, then buying the best deal within a 2000 mile radius and doing all paperwork before arriving at the dealership.
I test drove a yellow 2020 locally in Virginia. But I wanted a black Launch Edition, so I found her online in Connecticut with 3 miles on the odometer. Overnighted the paperwork and flew up the next day. Drove 500 miles home :)
Sponsored