Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
@KillxPoint

mr. Danny boy here knows everything and has answer to everything.
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 6.53.47 PM.png

He said so himself. and if someone prove him wrong or he feels that someone could, he removes his post.

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 11.28.24 PM.png

in between above posts, he posted that "Russell will not be the replacement for Hamilton." I don't exactly recall since he removed his post after Russell became replacement of Lewis Hamilton. It says a lot about one's integrity. So I already decided not to respond to him. But I hate to see this informative thread going down hill with such an assumption and meaningless post so I am chiming in.
Lmfao! So a thread about Formula One drivers is the same as this? Ok then. I did remove that post (about who stepped in as a replacement, not the HALO) , because it was wrong what I thought about Russell, since Vandoorne was their reserve driver. What's wrong about that?

And you were wrong about the HALO vs roll bar. ;)
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gotcha so you think its normal to sit in idle for a few hours and still have no power. Man im glad your not a technician. Lol
What moron let's a car idle for a few hours? I think you're greatly exaggerating. And if you're not, then you're still a moron.
When your car idled "for a few hours" your engine stayed warm, but everything else, transmission and diff for example, cooled off. What if it needs all 3 to be in a certain temp range eh?
We've definitely established YOU'RE not a technician, or have any common sense.

I'll say it for the 30th time, it's normal. Works as intended, as described in the manual.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
What moron let's a car idle for a few hours? I think you're greatly exaggerating. And if you're not, then you're still a moron.
When your car idled "for a few hours" your engine stayed warm, but everything else, transmission and diff for example, cooled off. What if it needs all 3 to be in a certain temp range eh?

I'll say it for the 30th time, it's normal. Works as intended, as described in the manual.
LOL it was the BMW techs that told the Toyota master technician to let the car idle at there shop for test purposes. Lol good morning to you @Dannyvandelft but i guess im just a moron who let a technician have his car idle for 2 hours. Technician words not mine. You must be the best not technician around?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LOL it was the BMW techs that told the Toyota master technician to let the car idle at there shop for test purposes. Lol good morning to you @Dannyvandelft but i guess im just a moron who let a technician have his car idle for 2 hours. Technician words not mine. You must be the best not technician around?
Try to be ;)
@Dannyvandelft since you were there at the shop(since you know all)what else did you do to my car? ?
I talked to the salesperson to get them to save the car from your whining :cool:

ArthurWick

First Name
PA
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra

There is No way a Car should hesitate accelerating when in D. Protect the engine in N or Park I can understand and other brand does it as well but when transmission is in Drive, makes no sense at all.

It Could lead to serious safety issues on the road. Mine did it twice in Drive, and I almost got rear ended one time leaving on-street parking and the car just had no power at all for a good 2 seconds and felt like it was going to stall.

Everything on the car was at optimal operating temp when it happened, been driving for 20 minutes, parked, turned the car off, 2 minutes later, back in the car, turned it on and put it in D, no power at all. How could this be normal LMFAO. Clearly something is not working as intended on this car.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There is No way a Car should hesitate accelerating when in D. Protect the engine in N or Park I can understand and other brand does it as well but when transmission is in Drive, makes no sense at all.

It Could lead to serious safety issues on the road. Mine did it twice in Drive, and I almost got rear ended one time leaving on-street parking and the car just had no power at all for a good 2 seconds and felt like it was going to stall.

Everything on the car was at optimal operating temp when it happened, been driving for 20 minutes, parked, turned the car off, 2 minutes later, back in the car, turned it on and put it in D, no power at all. How could this be normal LMFAO. Clearly something is not working as intended on this car.
The manual says THAT it does it, not WHY. Temperatures are just speculation. Could be something completely different. We don't know. I've had the "issue" too. Which made me read the manual, the section that covers it, and then went "oh, ok" and left it at that.

If you nearly got rear-ended maybe you shouldn't pull out in front of traffic?

We've had a few people that had it at operating temp so there's something else that triggers it.

ArthurWick

First Name
PA
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
The manual says THAT it does it, not WHY. Temperatures are just speculation. Could be something completely different. We don't know. I've had the "issue" too. Which made me read the manual, the section that covers it, and then went "oh, ok" and left it at that.

We've had a few people that had it at operating temp so there's something else that triggers it.
You are a real smart ass arenā€™t you. I had plenty of space to pull out in traffic. Itā€™s just that the driver behind me wasnt expecting a brand new Supra to almost stall in front of him.

I think I am going to put a sticker on the rear bumper saying Ā«Donā€™t push! This car can lose power and stall at any moment, VanDelft say itā€™s normal and does it on purpose, everything is fineĀ»

Pretty sure Toyota would get their ass sued if a fatality occurs because of this Ā« normal Ā» feature that would prevent a Supra to quickly move in an emergency situation like being stopped at traffic light and trying to get out of the way of a semi that lost all brakes...

But then again you will be the first one cheering up Ā« Itā€™s normal! Ā» I doubt the DOT would agree!

We dont know what are the conditions that triggers this because it is not detailed so if I was to think like you do, then I would assume that every engine weird behaviors or malfunctions are normals because the owners manual vaguely and imprecisely say the engine is acting weird on purpose under certain conditions. What are those conditions?

I prefer trying to find what those are by filing a case with Toyota Canada rather than satisfying myself with a vague sentence in the ownerā€™s manual.

piper1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'03 e85 Z4

Following Occam's Razor of all things being equal the simplest explanation tends to be the right one , I might agree with you, we have not found the equal with this issue yet, one thing for needing to reach operating parameters that doesn't make sense to me.

The guys in the video I posted with the mkv and the z3. They try first to start and rev to compare the 2, that they said was not a cool engine the first time they tried to show off the revs since they just drove into the lot. The supra did this hesitation thing of no revs, so they go out and drive the z3. Come back after the z3 drive, unlock the supra and shapow it fires up they rev it up and drive it off with no prior warm up to what ever operating parameter needed to be done/met. So from two sitting situations, first it not doing anything for revs, leaving the car and starting it up after a jaunt in a different car leads me to believe there's a gremlin somewhere. Was it because the hood was up at start and a sensor triggered it not to and the car had to be at reset for X before trying again, who knows.
But 1 constant I'm pretty sure of was anyone trying to show off their brand new car had a wtf moment of embarrassment and anyone they were trying to show it off to might have doubts now about the car. Not a good impression for potential buyers for any auto maker.

If it does it in drive and an accident happens, it can happen at it not being your fault, pulling out slowly with another driver anticipating you not going slow because you have no power and then T-boning you, a real life situation that can't be anticipated.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Let's not forget that neither Toyota nor BMW never has any issues. Toyota for years had the unintended acceleration due to plastic material inside the pedal that caused it to get stuck...

Whatever the manual says or design intention was, things can be overlooked, not enough test data and conditions, etc. etc.... Wouldn't be the first f up of any of these brands..

It's always good to bring issues to the forums. It's been proven over and over again that voicing concerns in a forum with steps to recreate the issue [even if not design intention] is a good idea to for awareness to offer and to find solutions and let manufacturers know how wide-spread the issue is.
For sure, it also makes sense to let your service know that things are happening so that they can officially enter it in their systems, otherwise it may go unnoticed..

Ex: Several people here in the forums broke their 'hose, ventilation' during intake swap. So, I know what to watch out for..

Another important thing to note is let's not turn the forum into a playground. Things happen. Experiences are different. No car is exactly the same. We even have lemon cars. 7 recalled cars. Nothing is certain. This is a collaboration vehicle that's still considered new, meaning issues are still being found and "worked on", hopefully.

Last edited:

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
Let's not forget that neither Toyota nor BMW never has any issues. Toyota for years had the unintended acceleration due to plastic material inside the pedal that caused it to get stuck...

Whatever the manual says or design intention was, things can be overlooked, not enough test data and conditions, etc. etc.... Wouldn't be the first f up of any of these brands..

It's always good to bring issues to the forums. It's been proven over and over again that voicing concerns in a forum with steps to recreate the issue [even if not design intention] is a good idea to for awareness to offer and to find solutions and let manufacturers know how wide-spread the issue is.
For sure, it also makes sense to let your service know that things are happening so that they can officially enter it in their systems, otherwise it may go unnoticed..

Ex: Several people here in the forums broke their 'hose, ventilation' during intake swap. So, I know what to watch out for..

Another important thing to note is let's not turn the forum into a playground. Things happen. Experiences are different. No car is exactly the same. We even have lemon cars. 7 recalled cars. Nothing is certain. This is a collaboration vehicle that's still considered new, meaning issues are still being found and "worked on", hopefully.
You and I can both write out well thought-out posts but these people will still pull each other's hairs... it's hopeless...

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
What did i do but just inform people????

Foxhound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Guys ā€” itā€™s OK ā€” we got smart ass @Dannyvandelft on the scene. He knows everything and as a matter of fact he built the damn engine himself!

@KillxPoint you should have told the Toyota field engineer that inspected your car that @Dannyvandelft from the Supra MKV forums said this was in the manual...Iā€™m sure he would have changed his mind about buying back your car...

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Guys ā€” itā€™s OK ā€” we got smart ass @Dannyvandelft on the scene. He knows everything and as a matter of fact he built the damn engine himself!

@KillxPoint you should have told the Toyota field engineer that inspected your car that @Dannyvandelft from the Supra MKV forums said this was in the manual...Iā€™m sure he would have changed his mind about buying back your car...
Hey whatever man. You princesses just keep acting like paranoid little girls. It's good entertainment.