XHP Reviews and Feedback!

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
I definitely need to adjust the blips. I have a built pure stg 1 and maaaaaannnnnnn this shit is rough on certain down shifts. Would like to know who here is running a stg1 pure and what are your settings on this xhp?
Same. Stage 1 down shifts are terrible
Sponsored

ReiH

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MKV Supra Premium
I’m running stage 3 with some minor tweaks and it’s made driving the car more enjoyable for me. I drive a lot in M mode so the manual blip adjustments to throttle, and the overall increase in shift speed are very worth the money I spent.

I’ve also practically disabled first gear.
When driving in M mode and the 1st gear is essentially disabled, does your car go into 1st gear while in this mode? I have it so it permanently locks 2nd gear but when I shift to manual mode, it goes down to 1st and I have to upshift twice (1st->2nd then 2nd->3rd) for an actual gear change.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
When driving in M mode and the 1st gear is essentially disabled, does your car go into 1st gear while in this mode? I have it so it permanently locks 2nd gear but when I shift to manual mode, it goes down to 1st and I have to upshift twice (1st->2nd then 2nd->3rd) for an actual gear change.
Yes in M mode when coming to a stop it will still shift into first. I started driving more in D mode to mitigate this

ReiH

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MKV Supra Premium
Yes in M mode when coming to a stop it will still shift into first. I started driving more in D mode to mitigate this
Thanks for the quick response. I just installed xhp stage 3 so messing around with settings here and there and found out about the 1st gear situation.

I heard that with updates to stage 3, they fixed the shift from 3->2 so I guess I don't have to adjust that in the throttle blip setting. Do you use the shiftmap editor at all? So far I have the 2nd gear setting, and max rpm.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Thanks for the quick response. I just installed xhp stage 3 so messing around with settings here and there and found out about the 1st gear situation.

I heard that with updates to stage 3, they fixed the shift from 3->2 so I guess I don't have to adjust that in the throttle blip setting. Do you use the shiftmap editor at all? So far I have the 2nd gear setting, and max rpm.
Which update was supposed to fix the downshifts?

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
1.1 of stage 3 supposedly. Vincent's YouTube video also stated this
This wasn't just released within the past month or so, right? This is the update that came out a bit back.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
This wasn't just released within the past month or so, right? This is the update that came out a bit back.
Yes it came out after like 1 week of the initial release

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Yes it came out after like 1 week of the initial release
Alright cool, thank you that's what I thought. Stage 3 v1.1 does not "fix" the 3 -> 2 downshift harshness. It maybe made it a little better but it's still very present. I've been running this since release with the downshifts set to varying levels of aggressiveness. But I'm also just a guy on the Internet.

@ReiH

ReiH

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MKV Supra Premium
Alright cool, thank you that's what I thought. Stage 3 v1.1 does not "fix" the 3 -> 2 downshift harshness. It maybe made it a little better but it's still very present. I've been running this since release with the downshifts set to varying levels of aggressiveness. But I'm also just a guy on the Internet.

@ReiH
Would you say setting it to -15% would be good for the 3->2

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
Would you say setting it to -15% would be good for the 3->2
I can't speak to stage 3, but I'd try 5% increments for adjusting the throttle blips or tq reduction upshifts, if 3-2 is very harsh right now 10-15% could be a good starting ground.

XHP is very easy to iterate on. I set a value 5% different, flash (<3mins), take a test drive, pull into a random parking lot, repeat.

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
21' Supra 3.0, 23' Z Perf, 14' Toyota 86
Stage 2 feels great for me. Loving how quickly it shifts. I thought the bimmercode sport plus option was pretty good but this Stage 2 is on another level for sure.

cinosa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Nitro Yellow Supra 3.0 Premium
Can anyone recommend a vendor in Canada who offers XHP + a compatible adapter?
Sponsored