METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
2>1 & 2<3 is also rough for me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
I'm in the breakin period of stage 2 (6 miles, trans feels WEIRD right now in breakin period) stock trans. So if you alter settings in other then flash on top of stage 2 you get both, or does the last flash slot override all?

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
I'm in the breakin period of stage 2 (6 miles, trans feels WEIRD right now in breakin period) stock trans. So if you alter settings in other then flash on top of stage 2 you get both, or does the last flash slot override all?
It overrides your last flash.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
The base stage X flash changes a lot of things plus gives you defaults for tunable parameters like shift points and what not. You can then go tweak those tunable parameters as you desire, but if you go back and flash a different stage I believe it will reset everything to the defaults.

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
The base stage X flash changes a lot of things plus gives you defaults for tunable parameters like shift points and what not. You can then go tweak those tunable parameters as you desire, but if you go back and flash a different stage I believe it will reset everything to the defaults.
Yea so I want to start with stage 2 and modify from there. Reading the knowledge base / FAQ I think I need to edit the custom flash, then flash stage 2 again and select custom settings as well?

If anyone has the simple instructions for tweaking OTS with your own settings lmk

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Just flash stage 2, then go into settings and tweak what you want, and flash again. Note that the original flash takes a while, I don't remember exactly how long but several minutes at least, you may want to put your car on a charger just to make sure nothing is interrupted and the voltage is stable for it. The second flash after tweaking the settings only takes a few seconds to go through.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Anyone here ever have trouble flashing xHP?

1. I already have xHP Stage 3 flashed on the car. Just wanted to tweak some settings in light of my new engine mounts.

2. Using pink Thor WiFi dongle, as I have in the past.

3. Car is in diag mode, xHP app can see the car. XHP also successfully sets the car to diag mode if it's only on KOEO.

4. All the firmware is downloaded.

5. Per instructions: Phone wifi ON, Bluetooth OFF, cellular OFF.

6. I have tried both static and DHCP IP allocation from the dongle to the phone.

7. Pixel 6 Pro, Android 13.

The app just keeps erroring out at "preparing flash." Yes, I've emailed RBT, but maybe someone here has a quick fix.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Anyone here ever have trouble flashing xHP?

1. I already have xHP Stage 3 flashed on the car. Just wanted to tweak some settings in light of my new engine mounts.

2. Using pink Thor WiFi dongle, as I have in the past.

3. Car is in diag mode, xHP app can see the car. XHP also successfully sets the car to diag mode if it's only on KOEO.

4. All the firmware is downloaded.

5. Per instructions: Phone wifi ON, Bluetooth OFF, cellular OFF.

6. I have tried both static and DHCP IP allocation from the dongle to the phone.

7. Pixel 6 Pro, Android 13.

The app just keeps erroring out at "preparing flash." Yes, I've emailed RBT, but maybe someone here has a quick fix.
Unfortunately I don't, but I just ran into this exact issues with a local guy... I wonder if they broke something with an app update or something. We pulled out an iOS device and the flash worked as expected.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Unfortunately I don't, but I just ran into this exact issues with a local guy... I wonder if they broke something with an app update or something. We pulled out an iOS device and the flash worked as expected.
Good to know. At least it's not just me? Small comfort, I suppose. My wife's Samsung phone is one Android version back, so I'll try that as a middle step. No iOS here, so I may be at RBT's mercy in the end.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Good to know. At least it's not just me? Small comfort, I suppose. My wife's Samsung phone is one Android version back, so I'll try that as a middle step. No iOS here, so I may be at RBT's mercy in the end.
I can ship you an old iOS device if needed. Just lemme know.
Sponsored