Sponsored

XHP Reviews and Feedback!

Tlminh

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2022
Threads
4
Messages
56
Reaction score
31
Location
USA
Car(s)
Supra
Which license are you all getting? The $550 option?
Sponsored

 

razorlab

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bryan
Joined
Oct 2, 2021
Threads
29
Messages
8,773
Reaction score
17,216
Location
NY
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Just got my car unlocked and flashed the OTS MHD stg 2 tune a few weeks ago. Absolutely hate how the tune makes the car shift so early in normal mode. I'll be going 40mph and the car is in 8th gear. Read about â…“ of this thread and it seems like this would be the best solution short of getting a custom tune.

Just curious if anyone else has flashed XHP to fix/bandaid MHD's awful throttle mapping/super torque-y low end feel in their OTS tunes. I just want my normal mode driving to feel at least as good as stock again.
XHP has zero influence on the throttle mapping. Welcome to the number one complaint about the OTS tunes.
 

STV3

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
May 3, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
588
Reaction score
1,030
Location
NY
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
XHP has zero influence on the throttle mapping. Welcome to the number one complaint about the OTS tunes.
Right, and the over done throttle mapping I can deal with for now.

But whatever in the tune that's causing the trans to shift so early is what I want to remedy. I'll be going up a hill at 35-40 mph and it'll hold 6th or 7th gear with the motor almost bogging at 1100-1200rpm while making the entire car vibrate. It also won't downshift without significant throttle input.
 

razorlab

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bryan
Joined
Oct 2, 2021
Threads
29
Messages
8,773
Reaction score
17,216
Location
NY
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Right, and the over done throttle mapping I can deal with for now.

But whatever in the tune that's causing the trans to shift so early is what I want to remedy. I'll be going up a hill at 35-40 mph and it'll hold 6th or 7th gear with the motor almost bogging at 1100-1200rpm while making the entire car vibrate. It also won't downshift without significant throttle input.
That you can tweak in XHP: https://xautomotive.atlassian.net/w...+ZF+Mini+Aisin#[mediaInline]-Shifting-Options
 

STV3

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
May 3, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
588
Reaction score
1,030
Location
NY
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium

SavagePassenger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Michael
Joined
Apr 25, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
167
Reaction score
172
Location
Florida
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Just saw and downloaded an update from 9/9, version 1.6 for stage 3 map. Description is " More relaxed brake-shifting and gear selection in comfort mode."

I haven't flashed it yet but will give it a try and see if how noticeable it is in Normal/Comfort mode.
 

i3igpete

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 16, 2022
Threads
48
Messages
1,325
Reaction score
1,617
Location
Chicago
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
My only other thought is that there's some sort of 8-to-7 deadlock that is preventing it.
Closing the loop on this, looks like the sport shift map specifically excludes using 8th gear, so you need to switch sport mode to using normal shift maps. Either in the idrive menu, or the XHP options.

Screenshot_2026-08-27-10-54-29-95_148e8e1182a2c1382286c3cbddca34fc.webp
 

islanddriver

New Member
First Name
Driva
Joined
Jul 10, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I am coming from a f80 and f82 world. I’ve played with g87 a bit as well. How can I get the Supra to shift like those M cars (aggressive thump on upshift, it’s almost as if those cars lunge forward briefly on upshift) also, what ignition cut setings are needed to mimic the upshift on those cars.
Also again, how can I get that aggressive 3-2 2-1 downshift that those cars have.

also, what’s the best settings to use at the drag strip to pull the best 60ft?
Thank in advance
Sponsored

 
 








Top