👣 Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Well, one of them costs 8.5x less than the other give or take lol...

Jokes aside, yes one of them will be attainable, but not on the same level as the A90 (more like NSX/GTR) .
Better come with two snails strapped to it’s engine, or else it will be a flop like the previous F cars.

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
Like A70 have state, never say never. atm there's no MT... that doesn't mean there aren't making down the future... in year or 2, or maybe 3 years down the road. Tada-san have stated, he's planning to upgrade/improve every year. From there, maybe just maybe... MT might come out. Chances are prob less than 0.1%, but it's not 0%. He's aware that 86 & Supra are different sports cars and he purposely made it that way, so everyone have an option.

The MT is not an upgrade in Tadas eyes

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
I laughed too hard at this, thinking about that MASSIVE 5hp they added to the 86 (excluding the 86 GRMN only sold in japan.) That sure pleased the interest for more power here in the states....

I don't have anything against Toyota. I'm very interested in the MKV and I'm just waiting to see how things play out for it in the future before I jump in. But, huge updates in Toyota language doesn't translate to consumer expectations. I'm praying for more interior colors, before a MT.
Haha exactly. The TRD 86 was one example; majority cosmetic. They could have at least offered a TRD s/c like they do for the trucks. Something from the factory to bump up the power. Nope b/c Tada wants "balance".

Tada should have made it known from the beginning that a MT wasn't going to be offered. Just like how the C8's CE, Tadge Juechter mentioned that a 6 speed wasn't going to be offered. Cut the bullsh*t with the "ehh", "maybe", "ummm, if there is enough demand".

"That tunnel is the backbone of the car, and if you break the backbone, you lose a lot of structural efficiency. With a shifter, you have to have a big hole in the tunnel for the linkage to go through."

If this really is the case, then I'm out in terms of buying a MKV Supra.
Get a Porsche! 997.2's are hot right now and in the similar price segment with the MKV.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
It's a difficult thing to grasp, but the Japanese do not like flat out refusals and other such things that can be considered rude. I deal with it all the time, and while I can be blunt many times, I understand that they treat things differently.

It took a little time to adapt, but that's a cultural thing.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Haha exactly. The TRD 86 was one example; majority cosmetic. They could have at least offered a TRD s/c like they do for the trucks. Something from the factory to bump up the power. Nope b/c Tada wants "balance".

Tada should have made it known from the beginning that a MT wasn't going to be offered. Just like how the C8's CE, Tadge Juechter mentioned that a 6 speed wasn't going to be offered. Cut the bullsh*t with the "ehh", "maybe", "ummm, if there is enough demand".

"That tunnel is the backbone of the car, and if you break the backbone, you lose a lot of structural efficiency. With a shifter, you have to have a big hole in the tunnel for the linkage to go through."

Get a Porsche! 997.2's are hot right now and in the similar price segment with the MKV.
I love the 997's....by far my favorite Porsche's of all. I actually went to look at one earlier in the year, but the owner wanted a little too much for it, considering it had a few expensive repairs that needed attention. We had a dealership pull codes off of the ECU and although the codes were not too serious, they were stupid expensive. When I tried negotiating the price a little further down, he simply said no and told me to move on.

I still am in the market for one though....preferably a one owner example. Let me know if you come across something in good shape.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
There are three in play, two are happening, but that other one is still up in the air. I assume you mean that one, but I don't wanna say anything about that one or it will come back to me instantly.

Actually there are four now that I think about it, but the fourth hasn't even made it outside of whiteboard lol (not worth discussing at this point anyhow).
New MR-2? :D

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
It's a difficult thing to grasp, but the Japanese do not like flat out refusals and other such things that can be considered rude. I deal with it all the time, and while I can be blunt many times, I understand that they treat things differently.

It took a little time to adapt, but that's a cultural thing.
I get the cultural aspect but in this case this is a huge market and financial decision on the feature of a production vehicle. To keep making blanket statements is on the verge of a compulsive liar.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.