2023 Toyota GR Supra Manual Review Thread!!!

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
ICE cars have 12 years left of mass production in most developed countries.
Will they produce them to the deadline? Probably not, production will be shifted towards electric. If the current generation of GR manual ICE cars isn’t the last the next one will be.

This MT Supra will likely be the last MT ICE Supra ever made, and it’s the only one produced in the last 20 years.

I don’t understand the comparisons to MT GTI and M2. I think the Supra will age as an icon.
Sponsored

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
ICE cars have 12 years left of mass production in most developed countries.
Will they produce them to the deadline? Probably not, production will be shifted towards electric. If the current generation of GR manual ICE cars isn’t the last the next one will be.

This MT Supra will likely be the last MT ICE Supra ever made, and it’s the only one produced in the last 20 years.

I don’t understand the comparisons to MT GTI and M2. I think the Supra will age as an icon.
Same can be said of several cars. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the upcoming M2 will be the last one available with a manual transmission....and I wouldn't doubt the last one made with a gas tank too.

Personally, I've been considering building up a fleet of manual transmission cars just because I enjoy them so much and I think they will appreciate in value over time instead of depreciating.

I need a bigger garage!

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..

spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
981 Boxster GTS, LX570
No just to 60. lol:lol:
LOL!

Also, I doubt adding a manual will cause 0.5-0.6 seconds delay to 60. Motor Trend are not well regarded for their instrumented testing. Let's see what some of the others produce. And I say this as someone who really likes the ZF8.... and as of this moment, not sure which way I want to go vis a vis transmission for m'future Supra.

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
I’m very happy to hear that the transmission is great and not typical BMW fare. I disliked the shifting feel in my E92 M3 and completely hated the clutch uptake feel, so I expected this to be more of the same and wasn’t interested.

After watching the mostly positive reviews I would get the MT if I were to do it all over. But, I like the AT Supra enough that I don’t think it’s worth trading for the MT.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
4mpg less is kinda bad though
Yeah but let's be honest with ourselves..most AT owners cane their vehicles so often that they never get high MPG anyways. Especially with mods and E30.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
LOL!

Also, I doubt adding a manual will cause 0.5-0.6 seconds delay to 60. Motor Trend are not well regarded for their instrumented testing. Let's see what some of the others produce. And I say this as someone who really likes the ZF8.... and as of this moment, not sure which way I want to go vis a vis transmission for m'future Supra.
I've seen .3 to .4 seconds, but who knows for sure until we see instrumented testing. And honestly, who cares? Any car that can get to 60 in under 5 seconds is plenty fast for me. Maybe because I'm not a boy racer.

Seriously, if 0-60 was important to me, I'd buy a Tesla and call it a day. My dorky cousin has one and he thinks nothing else matters...lol

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
Yeah but let's be honest with ourselves..most AT owners cane their vehicles so often that they never get high MPG anyways. Especially with mods and E30.
My MT Audi is rated for 32 mph highway. I can get that on road trips, but I have to stay out of the boost. I can't help myself, so I normally get like 25 mpg. It's just too much fun to drop a gear and feel the boost.

tofulo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Toyota Supra 2.0
I would like one, but think it will be impossible to find one without insane mark up

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
Lots of people, but not the target demographic for a manual sports car.
Yeah, like Tesla dorks. They live for 0-60. It means nothing to me. Most car guys know that a sports car is much, much more than a 0-60 car.

Either way, I consider the Supra as an average 0-60 car in the world of sports cars. It's not slow, but I don't really consider it all that fast either. But if that's your thing, it's easy to make any car faster. The potential is there.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
The older I get, the less I care about 0-60 times on street-focused sports cars. It's just marketing nonsense at the end of the day anyways. That being said, anything that can repeatedly clock sub six seconds is plenty quick enough to threaten your driver's license, and enough fun to make you want to do it again and again. 🤪

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Any of these reviews talk suspension changes? If not I'm assuming it's insignificant
Sponsored