2023 Toyota GR Supra Manual Review Thread!!!

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
I'm surprised about what Motor trend said about the manual in the Supra vs Z manual test. They are the only ones who thinks it's a horrible and rubbery feeling gearbox.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Not sure I could disagree more with this statement.
Go drive a PDK CaymanS/GTS or 911S/GTS. PDK all day any day over any manual. If you want to feel 'connected' -whatever the fk that means LOL-- - Glue your a-- onto the car.

Its a gearbox doing what gearboxes do. Changing gears. Drive a PDK in manual or the ZF8 in manual on nice track and enjoy it. The overhype of the manual cannot end soon enough. Its beyond absurd now.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Go drive a PDK CaymanS/GTS or 911S/GTS. PDK all day any day over any manual. If you want to feel 'connected' -whatever the fk that means LOL-- - Glue your a-- onto the car.

Its a gearbox doing what gearboxes do. Changing gears. Drive a PDK in manual or the ZF8 in manual on nice track and enjoy it. The overhype of the manual cannot end soon enough. Its beyond absurd now.
I donā€™t think they want to drive the stick, they want to sit on it!

Prado150

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GX460, Tundraā€¦. A91-MT

Whatever you have to tell yourself to justify why you have an automatic.

kappa_md

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 GR, Toyota GR Yaris, Honda Civic Type R
No good driver has ever put down a good manual car.

Weā€™re not saying that modern automatics are not good. Weā€™re not saying PDKs are not fast.

We just want a good manual car on a relatively light, powerful yet reliable, and balanced RWD sports car. Just like how good ā€˜ol fun cars were made.

Probably NO amount of argument can dissuade people who truly wants to drive a manual. Period.

PS: I have both automatic sports cars and manual sports cars.

Sal Rod

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT SE

Mad because you can't get one ? Lol

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
With Supraboi as your name and Monster Energy as your avatar, it seems you are the one who likes to sit on sticks. What are you, a 17 year old boy?
I may be just a boi but you are the one sits on sticks, not me!

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra

xkyo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra MT prem/2020 AG Taco Pro/Model Y perform
Should of been 3 pedals from release dateā€¦ they could of up charged for the auto. What a sad time, most people bitching about slow donā€™t even know how to drive a manual, nothing beats a clutch dump and getting some smoke

C2F3770D-D49F-4EDA-B0E1-FA458A3A3406.jpeg

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
This.

Unfortunately the MKV community is made up mostly of early adopters who ended up in an auto. And that auto is the greatest.. just ask them. šŸ™„ Interestingly Iā€™ve never seen any one with the ā€œinsert city trafficā€ or ā€œbeen driving manual for 20 years and Iā€™m over itā€ or ā€œaUtOs ArE FaStErā€ bullshit when discussing a manual only car, ala the Type R.

I wonder how different these conversations would be if the Supra was manual only.. as it should be.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
I'm surprised about what Motor trend said about the manual in the Supra vs Z manual test. They are the only ones who thinks it's a horrible and rubbery feeling gearbox.
They hate Toyota, not surprised.

EDIT: I read the article, and even then there are a boatload of inaccuracies. Built in Germany? SMH.

Also we have gone so much in depth about the development of the sister cars and yet they gloss over it. The Toyota wins, but they make weird criticisms to make the Z look better.

Moving on......

kappa_md

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 GR, Toyota GR Yaris, Honda Civic Type R
They hate Toyota, not surprised.

EDIT: I read the article, and even then there are a boatload of inaccuracies. Built in Germany? SMH.
ā€œIntriguingly, Toyota does not build the Supra; BMW, its partner in the project, does. The new Supra is in fact the hardtop version of the quite pleasant BMWZ4. So aside from body panels, there isn't much Toyota about the car save for tuningā€

I was reading the article and true enough I can see their bias and innuendos. That explains why. I expected more from MotorTrend, why do they hate Toyota? And yet in the end they canā€™t deny the Supra is just truly the better sports car.

BMW does not build the Supra. Magna Steyr does. In Austria, with BMW parts bin. Magna Steyr is not BMW etc. They also build some Mercedes, Jaguars etc. They made alot of cars from other marquees, not just BMW.
Sponsored