2024 GR Supra 45th Anniversary Special Edition Unveiled

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
One would think it would be something special since it's 45th anniversary edition, add stripe on the side and throw a wing on makes it special edition? Come on Toyota I'm sure you guys could have done something better. Looks just like my 23 premium. Color in nice though.
In fairness, who gives a shit about the 45th anniversary.. 50th maybe?
Sponsored

V8KillaMKV

First Name
Jas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra premium 3.0 2023
In fairness, who gives a shit about the 45th anniversary.. 50th maybe?
Sure hope so, but still they should have add something at least, like a 45th anniversary badge or even color matching stitching, just so it would stands out more, but we shell see what 50th anniversary brings. Only reason I care is because, I drive a Supra and as part of Supra community I wanna be able to say hey look what Toyota gave us something special at the end. Lol just my opinion šŸ¤· šŸ˜….

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Best special edition still was 22 carbon edition. not only did it came with that beuatiful aggressive carbon front lip, but you coulda got a nitro yellow with red interior! they honestly should just stop being complicated and just make a carbon edition like that every year with new color or atleast release those carbon exterior pieces as more factory add on options like the cf mirror caps. Seems more feasible for toyota to do than interior color options at this point lol

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Sure hope so, but still they should have add something at least, like a 45th anniversary badge or even color matching stitching, just so it would stands out more, but we shell see what 50th anniversary brings. Only reason I care is because, I drive a Supra and as part of Supra community I wanna be able to say hey look what Toyota gave us something special at the end. Lol just my opinion šŸ¤· šŸ˜….
We actually apart of the supra community? I still get flamed by mk4 owners about not being a real supra lol

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Yup those guys
I got on that forum by accident when I 1st bought mine. Talk about some salty dudes. Iā€™m not going to hate on their older collectibles. Why hate on a 20 year improvement that dominates anything in this $60k price range on track? Wasnā€™t that the purpose of this car?

Anyway, the 45 year anniversary missed the mark. Compared to the orange MX5 special edition:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/26390...nniversary-edition-an-orange-licious-birthday

Mazda made it special without yelling ā€œlook at me! Iā€™m specialā€ šŸ˜‚ In my dumb opinion.

Butā€¦ it is a 2023 SUPRA šŸ¤©. So if a dealer had one at MSRP and I was in the market, Iā€™d rip off those stripes and call it a day.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I got on that forum by accident when I 1st bought mine. Talk about some salty dudes. Iā€™m not going to hate on their older collectibles. Why hate on a 20 year improvement that dominates anything in this $60k price range on track? Wasnā€™t that the purpose of this car?

Anyway, the 45 year anniversary missed the mark. Compared to the orange MX5 special edition:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/26390...nniversary-edition-an-orange-licious-birthday

Mazda made it special without yelling ā€œlook at me! Iā€™m specialā€ šŸ˜‚ In my dumb opinion.

Butā€¦ it is a 2023 SUPRA šŸ¤©. So if a dealer had one at MSRP and I was in the market, Iā€™d rip off those stripes and call it a day.
I actually met these people in person lol. Weirdest bunch.

Optimusprimerib

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 manual base
Actually Nissan did this look first and Toyota decided to copy it. Hereā€™s the z from Tokyo auto salon a few months ago.
1688533850600.png

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Actually Nissan did this look first and Toyota decided to copy it. Hereā€™s the z from Tokyo auto salon a few months ago.
1688533850600.png
On one hand I get it, the Supra will actually get to customers where the Z justā€¦ wonā€™t. So unless you see this youā€™ll never know they copied Nissan.

On the other handā€¦

IMG_2048.gif

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
1688533850600.png
I think Ford or MOPAR when cheap badges or strips get thrown on a base car to add flair.

1688554423176.jpeg

If it says ā€œSportā€œ it must be sporty!

oreobbq

First Name
oreo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91 Refraction Blue
GR-Supra-45th-Anniversary-Edition-05.jpg

Aren't the strut braces a slightly different shade of orange? If you compare them to the paint on the body. I like it overall.

"The 2024 GR Supra 45th Anniversary will improve on last yearā€™s suspension with better shock absorbers and tuned electric power steering."

At least there's that. "Better" is relative though. I'd love a GRMN supra with more HP, but it'll probably be in C8 pricing territory before any ADM. Maybe it's coming for the 46TH ANNIVERSARY edition lol.

Stardust

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 Miata
"The 2024 GR Supra 45th Anniversary will improve on last yearā€™s suspension with better shock absorbers and tuned electric power steering."

At least there's that. "Better" is relative though. I'd love a GRMN supra with more HP, but it'll probably be in C8 pricing territory before any ADM. Maybe it's coming for the 46TH ANNIVERSARY edition lol.
I think that's a copypaste mistake in the 2024 article, because it uses the exact same phrase in the 2023 article. No other source I've found has said that the 2024 has any changes (besides the 45th Anniversary edition).
Sponsored