2024 Mustang Dark Horse vs Lotus Emira, M2, Supra, Camaro, Challenger — Cammisa Ultimate Drag Race

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Last edited:

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
Alot depends on the driver /Supra tested in Japan MT VS AUTO pretty close to same
The 12.9 I'm not really hung up on but the 111mph is the weird part
I've seen 117+ mph trap on stock ZF cars
Not sure what was up with the top end on that MT Supra

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
There's a million variables in a drag race, all contributing to the final numbers. I wasn't bothered in the slightest that the MKV lost, as others have pointed out, it SHOULD lose based on its specifications and price. For the cost, those other vehicles BETTER beat the MKV, or something is very wrong. It also makes me wonder how much, if at all, a CDV delete could help the MKV shift and transfer power a wee bit faster..

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
M2 - Heinously ugly, manual sucks too, screens everywhere, heavy, sounds terrible
Emira - 130k OTD maybe for something that's gonna break because LOTUS = Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
Mustang - Not a chance I'm spending $80k on a Mustang with screens, Ford can't even get panel gaps right, what makes you think they can get tech right

Supra is the bargain out of the bunch, hence why it's the slowest.

But, that just means more money to throw at it.

Last edited:

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
M2 - Heinously ugly, manual sucks too, screens everywhere, heavy, sounds terrible
Emira - 130k OTD maybe for something that's gonna break because LOTUS = Lots Of Problems Usually Serious
Mustang - Not a chance I'm spending $80k on a Mustang with screens, Ford can't even get panel gaps right, what makes you think they can get tech right

Supra is the bargain out of the bunch, hence why it's the slowest.

But, that just means more money to throw at it.
I hope it's not true, but I believe the sea of screens in the DH and M2 are going to age poorly, and probably look like this in twenty years...

vw-orbit-concept.jpg

dashsilvia.jpg

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
After almost 40 years of manual transmissions, that 12.9 @111 screams missed shift to me. That’s about a half second and at least 5 mph slower than expected. If the surface was so dusty and traction-limited to cause it the other cars would have been similarly impacted but the weren’t. The other cars performed pretty much in line with what other tests have shown while the Supra did not. Car needs a driver mod. Still would have lost but it would have been MUCH closer.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
“He who shall be last…”

IMG_2265.gif

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
Other than the Dark Horse, every other car in this comparison is a price bracket and a half above the Supra.

Considering that I think it did pretty well. The M2 MSRP is $80k, The Emira starts at $130k for the V6 MT. Even the Dark horse, by the time you add the track pack is like $66k.

So, yeah it did come last but it's also the cheapest car there by a decent margin so I respect the performance it put up

MSRP for the M2 starts at ~$64k

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
After almost 40 years of manual transmissions, that 12.9 @111 screams missed shift to me. That’s about a half second and at least 5 mph slower than expected. If the surface was so dusty and traction-limited to cause it the other cars would have been similarly impacted but the weren’t. The other cars performed pretty much in line with what other tests have shown while the Supra did not. Car needs a driver mod. Still would have lost but it would have been MUCH closer.
The Supra, like the M2, has boost by gear.

However, getting the thing to shift cleanly from a dig 1-2-3 is almost not going to happen.

The ZF box does NOT like to be rushed unlike my Getrags in my M3's and my M5.

Been working on a solution to this because currently I can't drive it how I want it to drive and I blame BMW entirely for this.

NicKnack

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 Toyota MR2, 2023 Toyota Supra MT
MSRP for the M2 starts at ~$64k
You're right, that's my mistake and I'll go back and update that. I went to bmw.com to look at the prices and when I opened the builder it redirected me to BMW Canada for the builder (Since I'm in Canada), that's how I got $80k for that, but the US site does indeed show $63'200 USD.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Damn it feels good to be an M2 owner LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :) Ugly and heavy ugly and heavy.........so they keep saying lol :):headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
Hahaha. You have an M2 and still in the MKV forums?

mdpalmer

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 MT | 2001 DC2 Integra
The 12.9 I'm not really hung up on but the 111mph is the weird part
I've seen 117+ mph trap on stock ZF cars
Not sure what was up with the top end on that MT Supra
I agree regarding the trap speed and top end. Either driver really messed up a gear change, mechanical issue, or car was down on power, etc, who knows.

Anyone with a dragy 1/4 mile run on a stock MT care to chime in? I'm going to install one at some point on my car just for fun.

FWIW I used to think the M2 and Supra was hideous, but they've grown on me. Grown on me enough that I bought a Supra 😂 Also feel the same way about the G series M3/M4.
Sponsored