A90 Supra GR concept comes down under

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, the fit up on that cage is very nice indeed. Also, pretty sure we're good to go in terms of clutch pedal and master cylinder mounting. Any old bimmer brake/clutch pedal assembly should bolt right up there, I think.

The trunk area should be properly spacious, so that's great. And I think we should have space to fit a lot of tire in the rear, the fender wells are pretty large. Also, I feel like there are spot welds in the pillar for the roof? So maybe this is a steel roof after all. Not sure though.

OP
OP

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Yeah, the concept roof was steel. But I did notice how reinforced the subframe was, giving me the impression a composite or non-structural roof was definitely an option.

There's more pics to come, but trying to get them all uploaded is the issue! haha.

Also I was interviewed by some of the local journalists, they want to do a comparison between my old A60 and the new A90 when it gets released - said I'd get a drive of the A90 too. So that should be fun. I don't think he realised the A60 is 360whp :p

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, the concept roof was steel. But I did notice how reinforced the subframe was, giving me the impression a composite or non-structural roof was definitely an option.

There's more pics to come, but trying to get them all uploaded is the issue! haha.

Also I was interviewed by some of the local journalists, they want to do a comparison between my old A60 and the new A90 when it gets released - said I'd get a drive of the A90 too. So that should be fun. I don't think he realised the A60 is 360whp :p
If they're all in the google drive you posted above, I can help you get em all uploaded to the forum. It'll probably be easier to get them onto imgur and embed them rather than upload them direct to the forum. The forum uploader is meh.

Just PM me a share link to the GDrive folder and I can get all of them on.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none

Streeeaaammm iitttt:yes::yes:

Nurburgring

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911 Turbo, M3 E46, Turbocharged NA Miata, S2000, Mazda FC3S & FD3S, EP91 Starlet, EK9 Type R, EG6 Sir2, AE86, 3SGE AE86, Evo7RS, F3 race car
Before looking at these pictures I thought the Supra GR Concept was built mostly to grab attention at car shows and please Gran Turismo fans. Instead, the cage, pedal box, steering rack, driver cooling, fuel cell (not to mention aero) all point to a proper development for the GT racer. This is cool, I wouldn´t be surprised if they announce a racing programme very close to the model launch.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone name me some high-end sports cars that use MacPherson struts up front nowadays? I'm just curious...

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
Porsche 911, Cayman, the BMW M-cars, there are a few others I can't recall off the top of my head.

Jeff

FirstStateCamber

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 MKIV Supra, 09' 997.1TT, 15' Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Cool video, now we need a US launch much like this one and the UK one!!!
Sponsored