A90 Supra MKV on the dyno

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. A reasonable MkIV owner. What a sight. By the way my intention wasn't to be snarky here.

Have any of you guys seen the shit show that's going on right now in SupraForums? :spaz: I actually get a massive amount of satisfaction seeing those hoes crying LMAO. It's not even 2 months and we're starting to crack into the 750 hp mark. It took the MkIV years for it to reach that level and even longer for 1000 hp. Granted, technology wasn't that advanced back then, but damn these people are still hating.

They're still stuck in the past bitching about the steering rack issue.
The MKIV scene brought out the worst out of me and many others....I prefer not to look back, and I would suggest you do the same bud.

That being said, the MKV Supra is evolving into an incredible platform. It's unbelievable to think Toyota can make it any better, but there is more coming. MKIV owners laughed when I said the MKV would be kicking ass and taking names in no time. In time..."we" will have the last laugh.
Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
The MKIV scene brought out the worst out of me and many others....I prefer not to look back, and I would suggest you do the same bud.

That being said, the MKV Supra is evolving into an incredible platform. It's unbelievable to think Toyota can make it any better, but there is more coming. MKIV owners laughed when I said the MKV would be kicking ass and taking names in no time. In time..."we" will have the last laugh.
Can someone give me a tldr of supraforum lol I dont want to open it and start wasting my time responding.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone give me a tldr of supraforum lol I dont want to open it and start wasting my time responding.
Basically, anything that doesn’t have to do with a MKIV Supra on SupraForums is considered blasphemy. Don’t believe me, try for yourself. Lights will soon go dark there....too bad, there use to be some really good folks on those forums.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Basically, anything that doesn’t have to do with a MKIV Supra on SupraForums is considered blasphemy. Don’t believe me, try for yourself. Lights will soon go dark there....too bad, there use to be some really good folks on those forums.
Oh I knew that. Thought there was something interesting since the mkv is progressing so fast.

twntrbo03'

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 Supra Turbo Quicksilver ---1993 Supra Turbo Anthracite --- 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4
I'm on SF, but rarely go on anymore since they changed the whole platform. I miss the old days of SF and the wealth of knowledge that forum has in older threads. I think the majority of MKIV owners are good peeps, but the few bad people ruin it for everyone.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
I'm on SF, but rarely go on anymore since they changed the whole platform. I miss the old days of SF and the wealth of knowledge that forum has in older threads. I think the majority of MKIV owners are good peeps, but the few bad people ruin it for everyone.
+1

There were a lot of good people on SF and if members here think SF is bad, there are other forums that are far worse when it comes to gen specific cars; VWvortex, old NASIOC, Rennlist, Temple of VTEC baaaccckk in the days, E46fanatics...

The FB and IG Supra groups as well as the missing photobucket pics for all of the sticky and DIY posts are what slowly killed Supraforums. There were some really well documented builds plenty of DIY threads on SF that made the forum very intuitive.

Then the new layout was the nail in the coffin.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
+1

There were a lot of good people on SF and if members here think SF is bad, there are other forums that are far worse when it comes to gen specific cars; VWvortex, old NASIOC, Rennlist, Temple of VTEC baaaccckk in the days, E46fanatics...

The FB and IG Supra groups as well as the missing photobucket pics for all of the sticky and DIY posts are what slowly killed Supraforums. There were some really well documented builds plenty of DIY threads on SF that made the forum very intuitive.

Then the new layout was the nail in the coffin.
I remember when Bob was building his 1000whp+ Supra...I was actually at the shop a few times when they were dyno'ing his car and Ronnie's RSP. Those were great times, and those guys were super helpful throughout their builds. That was when I had respect for MKIV owners and even contributed to the SF community. The new group of dbags are just that....hence why the forum has maybe ~10 active members still posting there. It's a damn shame.

It's funny because the SC300 is so similar to the MKIV Supra (swaps, builds, etc..), yet the SC300 community is super cool and respectful (KahnBB6, JimmyMac, etc...). Don't believe me, take a peek in the CL SC forums.

Anyhow, enough about SF....let's see some more power from the MKV. :headbang:

Last edited:

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Anyhow, enough about SF....
+1, besides SF won't even be around for much longer. The traffic to that site has gotten so slow that the owner has let AutoGuide taken over. And the changes that AG had made is making all the dbags throwing a hissy fit. :lol:

twntrbo03'

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 Supra Turbo Quicksilver ---1993 Supra Turbo Anthracite --- 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4
+1, besides SF won't even be around for much longer. The traffic to that site has gotten so slow that the owner has let AutoGuide taken over. And the changes that AG had made is making all the dbags throwing a hissy fit. :lol:
I commented at one point to see if they would sell it back so I could change the layout back to how it was :rofl:

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
RE: Supraforums --

It's no secret SF (and a LOT of other aging platform forums) has been on the traffic decline for years, due in large part to Facebook and other social media outlets. The ownership changes years back also gets an honorable mention for driving people away. The recent (horribly executed) migration to Zenforo sent it completely into an unrecoverable tailspin, and is likely the final nail in the coffin. That said, the A90 sections are a very recent (cancerous) addition and quickly turned into a complete shitshow in revolt by a handful of vocal personas. So... judging a ~20 year old forum with an immeasurable wealth of technical knowledge stored in its bowels on a recently-added section populated with a few comical dissenters is pretty... ..short-sited, to say the least. But, so are blanket characterizations of people solely based on vehicle ownership... :hmm:

Lest we not forget, some of the people bashing SF in this thread were also perma-banned over there, so..... :rofl:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
...these damn PayNearMe ads are back again. :doh:
Sponsored