A91 & Recent 2021 Impossible to Tune / ECU manufactured after 2020/6 is locked? [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I also said this in our local Supra/Car chat, but a round trip ticket to Finland is like $700 bucks right now. Just go, it's only a couple hundred bucks more than shipping.
I think those of us that want to get unlocked should all get together. If we get 5 of us to send a real person there, it’ll actually end up saving shipping money

Deepseahooyah

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Premium
I also said this in our local Supra/Car chat, but a round trip ticket to Finland is like $700 bucks right now. Just go, it's only a couple hundred bucks more than shipping.
I completely disagree. I work over ? offshore. Show me a round trip ticket to Finland for 700.00! I put guys on planes to the Denmark and Paris every week. Through oceaneering. I think our discounts are better then a person can find on the internet. I have respect for everyone, my post was providing current at the moment information, received 1st hand (is that not the purpose of this thread)? . If you don’t like it, don’t comment. The message was straight from the horses mouth “Instagram”. So if it is not accurate I will gladly adjust.

Deepseahooyah

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Premium
If you're trying to accuse us that we don't want to receive ECUs from the USA - you're wrong, we are trying to do as much as we can to resolve this issue.
We need to sort some things out with Finland customs because of their rules, high import taxes and our high volumes.
Not one accusation was made. This thread is for the current state of unlocks. What I shared was completely accurate, was it not? You are not taking any USA based ECU’s, until you get thing sorted? The line about the “BS”
. Well it’s my opinion. I think with the amount of USA/Canada based customers both current and potential. There could be an easier and more profitable solution
. The mark is gonna change and someone here in the US will eventually find a way. My opinion “take advantage why you can”

Last edited:

Deepseahooyah

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Premium
As have I. My family has been the logistics businesses since generations. Shipping to Finland is really fucking hard.
As I currently deal with logistics and personal movement on a large scale, yes it difficult to ship to Finland, not impossible nor too difficult. We use DHL as a primary shipper. Never had issues on a large scale.

now for customs and duties/fees
.. well can’t help there, it is what it is!

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I completely disagree. I work over ? offshore. Show me a round trip ticket to Finland for 700.00! I put guys on planes to the Denmark and Paris every week. Through oceaneering. I think our discounts are better then a person can find on the internet. I have respect for everyone, my post was providing current at the moment information, received 1st hand (is that not the purpose of this thread)? . If you don’t like it, don’t comment. The message was straight from the horses mouth “Instagram”. So if it is not accurate I will gladly adjust.
Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 19.37.53.png

Deleted member 7042

@femtoevo just wanted to say that I am wildly appreciative that you’re providing a way for Bosch M1 ECU owners to tune their vehicles.

Thank you for the impact you’ve had, and continue to have on the MKV Supra platform. I am sorry, on behalf of some members here, that have posted less than professional responses.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I'm 100% sure can could get someone to fly to Finland to bring you ECUs.
we really should go this direction. I know Marin was talking about flying to Russia when this whole thing was very new.. assuming they will allow flights with a case stuffed with ecus, it’s good money

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
Legit question. You get stopped at customs with “x” amount of ECU’s and questioned. Business/pleasure, etc. I am sure any agent won’t know about locked ECU’s at first, but does anyone know about the actual legalities around this “if” discovered?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Legit question. You get stopped at customs with “x” amount of ECU’s and questioned. Business/pleasure, etc. I am sure any agent won’t know about locked ECU’s at first, but does anyone know about the actual legalities around this “if” discovered?
Yeah, interesting. Hard to say.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
there are forms you have to fill out. For example when returning to the USA you need a 4577 form for every item saying you personally own it. Otherwise customs may tax you on each individual item. There are likely other forms for business use as well and you need to verify the customs policy of ea country you fly into when flying with equipment like this.

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
there are forms you have to fill out. For example when returning to the USA you need a 4577 form for every item saying you personally own it. Otherwise customs may tax you on each individual item. There are likely other forms for business use as well and you need to verify the customs policy of ea country you fly into when flying with equipment like this.
Thanks. What I’m interpreting is that you can’t say that you own 18 ECU’s and that there will be questions/costs which was suspected. They comes the “why” do you have them and the potential for legal issues?

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Thanks. What I’m interpreting is that you can’t say that you own 18 ECU’s and that there will be questions/costs which was suspected. They comes the “why” do you have them and the potential for legal issues?
I am sure there is another form to fill out for business reasons. As i would be simply carrying them to a repair facility for business. It’s a pretty clear why.

alexd0316

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
You’re welcome

Attachments