Advice on buying a Late Model Manual

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 bmw 318is 2012 honda civic 2022 gr86
I have heard 2025 will be the last year. If this is wrong correct me please.

I my dream spec is an Absolute Zero MT car. I am fine with any color or trim but I only want a manual car.

Not willing to pay a big markup.

Any advice on when to start looking for a 2025 model is appreciated. Any projections on how many last year cars is helpful, I know sometimes there are way more or way less. I am planning on seriously looking spring 2024. It seems like the new manual hype is slowing down a little.

I am not against putting in an order or getting in line now to get one. Seems like some people wait years and others can find a dealer with a car in a few weeks.

Not obsessed with getting the exact last year model just trying to get a 24/25.

Also any current production numbers on manual cars might be helpful. If its really low and it continues to be low I will just get one asap.
Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Production numbers have dropped since last year. They don't split the numbers between AT and MT. No solid news about final year. Still rumors.

No one knows how many models will be produced in the final year as there is no set number of how many are produced in any year.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Not sure if this helps but in terms of projections there is very sparse data points to make any valid forecasts.
Most recent example is the UK market, the Manual Supra was only on sale for about 1 year only, and just a couple of weeks ago has vanished from the Toyota Uk website/build software, so apparently, it's gone. No notice and no news that I could find.

So in my honest opinion, I know it's hard as you might still have 2025 manuals in US potentially and you might wanna wait, but there is a chance it just drops out, pick your battle now and decide what is it you really want: the car itself, or the model year?

OP
OP
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Production numbers have dropped since last year. They don't split the numbers between AT and MT. No solid news about final year. Still rumors.

No one knows how many models will be produced in the final year as there is no set number of how many are produced in any year.
Thanks! Yeah I assumed it was not split 50% AT 50% MT.

I would assume 75%AT to 25%MT at the most. Good to know that production numbers are dropping. I might get on a waitlist for one now and then when I see something come up Iā€™ll just jump on it.

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Thanks! Yeah I assumed it was not split 50% AT 50% MT.

I would assume 75%AT to 25%MT at the most. Good to know that production numbers are dropping. I might get on a waitlist for one now and then when I see something come up Iā€™ll just jump on it.
You're likely better off just keeping an eye on the toyota inventory website. It will show allocations dealers get before they arrive.

https://www.toyota.com/search-inventory/model/supra/

OP
OP
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not sure if this helps but in terms of projections there is very sparse data points to make any valid forecasts.
Most recent example is the UK market, the Manual Supra was only on sale for about 1 year only, and just a couple of weeks ago has vanished from the Toyota Uk website/build software, so apparently, it's gone. No notice and no news that I could find.

So in my honest opinion, I know it's hard as you might still have 2025 manuals in US potentially and you might wanna wait, but there is a chance it just drops out, pick your battle now and decide what is it you really want: the car itself, or the model year?
Thank you! Thats terrible that they would develop such a good manual for such a short production run.

Many reasons why Iā€™d love to wait. They seem to be making pretty big improvements each year. However Iā€™m not going to pay for some special edition final model so probably best to get a 23/24 MT.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Thank you! Thats terrible that they would develop such a good manual for such a short production run.

Many reasons why Iā€™d love to wait. They seem to be making pretty big improvements each year. However Iā€™m not going to pay for some special edition final model so probably best to get a 23/24 MT.
Exciting! Let us know how it goes with your quest, there's plenty of people on here with an MT now, with plenty of mileage already, so generally speaking safe to say most people are enjoying it.
Other than a few potential teething issues, for stock models I haven't heard of anything serious/no recalls.

If you have any specific qs feel free to ask šŸ‘

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
There aren't going to be any significant updates to the car for the rest of it's lifespan. My advice is to just get in an order now, as you'll likely be waiting a while and for a 2024 model. They're only selling ~250 a month (USA), and probably only 30-40% of that are manuals.

Also great taste with your dream spec ;)

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Put your name and/or deposits in at several dealers immediately. These are hard to get, and it's better to get your name on lists right away.

OP
OP
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There aren't going to be any significant updates to the car for the rest of it's lifespan. My advice is to just get in an order now, as you'll likely be waiting a while and for a 2024 model. They're only selling ~250 a month (USA), and probably only 30-40% of that are manuals.

Also great taste with your dream spec ;)
Thanks. I have a Halo Gr86 right now but it just cant keep up with my dads e30 s52 swap car.

I kinda figured I should put in an order now. Can you order a car or do you have to take what you are given? It was a mess to get a manual premium Halo gr86.

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
Thanks. I have a Halo Gr86 right now but it just cant keep up with my dads e30 s52 swap car.

I kinda figured I should put in an order now. Can you order a car or do you have to take what you are given? It was a mess to get a manual premium Halo gr86.
If you're in the US, there's no ordering. The dealer will "try" to get you what you want by potentially trading their allocations with another dealer. Some dealers don't even get any allocations. The inventory website that someone listed above is how I got mine. Had deposits/waitlist entries at 5 dealers near me, then I just started calling dealers that were getting new cars in from the website. Turns out the Nocturnal MT that was coming in to a dealer in my state was passed up by the people on their waitlist, because they wanted either white or yellow, so I scooped it and it showed up 2 months later.

OP
OP
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is similar to how I got my gr86. I will do 2 deposits and plan to wait till next spring and then just snag one as it comes in this winter.

Spettro11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium MT; (RIP to my '83 MkII)
You're likely better off just keeping an eye on the toyota inventory website. It will show allocations dealers get before they arrive.

https://www.toyota.com/search-inventory/model/supra/
I agree with Stvee; Toyota inventory site shows allocations. Set the distance to 500 miles and your desired specs. You'll be able to see exact match vehicles and what stage they are in (build phase, in-transit, pending sale, etc.) and you can contact the dealer to put down a deposit (a refundable $500 deposit held mine for me).

They should be able to tell you if anyone else has already put down a deposit. If you're willing to fly-and-drive or have it transported, you might get one sooner than waiting to see if a specific dealer gets one allocated that you like.

Still just rumors on 2025 MY being all-electric. 2024 MYs are also now being shown on Toyota's inventory website as a special 45th anniversary model, naturally costing more. I would recommend getting the vehicle you want as quickly as possible rather than waiting for a particular MY.

OP
OP
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I agree with Stvee; Toyota inventory site shows allocations. Set the distance to 500 miles and your desired specs. You'll be able to see exact match vehicles and what stage they are in (build phase, in-transit, pending sale, etc.) and you can contact the dealer to put down a deposit (a refundable $500 deposit held mine for me).

They should be able to tell you if anyone else has already put down a deposit. If you're willing to fly-and-drive or have it transported, you might get one sooner than waiting to see if a specific dealer gets one allocated that you like.

Still just rumors on 2025 MY being all-electric. 2024 MYs are also now being shown on Toyota's inventory website as a special 45th anniversary model, naturally costing more. I would recommend getting the vehicle you want as quickly as possible rather than waiting for a particular MY.
Thanks. I am gonna get one now. I assumed 2025 would be a b58 but now that you mention it the 45th anniversary would be a good place to swap over. Idk not gonna wait and find out

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Thanks. I am gonna get one now. I assumed 2025 would be a b58 but now that you mention it the 45th anniversary would be a good place to swap over. Idk not gonna wait and find out
Not all 2024 are 45th anniversary. It's just a special edition one.
Sponsored