Advice on Intake System

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
For real tho, this is muffled but it’s very noticeable in the car…AWE my IAT sits around 73 if that helps…

IMG_3690.jpeg
Sponsored

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Do you have data on the IAT difference?
I didn't print out any papers recording it if that what you are asking me. Other then that my own two eyes seeing it in real time on my jb4. Back when Jesse was helping me do my custom map on the jb4 the only way around it was a certain setting that would ignore it but he recommended against me using unless I was about to run someone and the temps were not too hot.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I didn't print out any papers recording it if that what you are asking me. Other then that my own two eyes seeing it in real time on my jb4. Back when Jesse was helping me do my custom map on the jb4 the only way around it was a certain setting that would ignore it but he recommended against me using unless I was about to run someone and the temps were not too hot.
I wish you recorded it so we can check exactly what is going on and the difference. I use open intakes in Vegas on my car and im pushing ~ 700 HP , with no issues whatsoever

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
For real tho, this is muffled but it’s very noticeable in the car…AWE my IAT sits around 73 if that helps…

IMG_3690.jpeg
ah, washington, makes sense!
i'm on the other corner of the continental US, man, my car ran HOT with this!
i ran both its heat shield and verus turbo heat shield.. car had a completely different personality when i switched to stock airbox lol

although, never had any issues at Sebring, mid 80°s, no struggling, etc

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
The ink
I wish you recorded it so we can check exactly what is going on and the difference. I use open intakes in Vegas on my car and im pushing ~ 700 HP , with no issues whatsoever
The only other input I can add is that the temps would only stay low enough not to pull timing for only the first 15 minutes of driving if it was in Summer. When I first installed the Injen it was in November so i didnt have any issue for the first few months until summer came around. Also I am in Arkansas and the humidity is more then Las Vegas. Not sure how much of a difference humidity matters but it is a variant. Jesse recommended me the Armaspeed intake so i put it on and it definitely helped keep the temperature down low enough to not cause the issue anymore. Not sure if there is a way to go back almost two years to look at the jb4 data but if it's a possibility I will be happy to try.

LoveSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 - 2019
Here's my old Supra with the V2. You can hear it best at the end so I'll have it start there.

Yeah that sounds about right. I hear my intake slightly louder because I don’t have a downpipe so I get more intake and less exhaust noise. But it’s really not too far off from your car. 😊

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT

tatelem20

First Name
Tate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Gr Supra 3.0 Premium
My spec for reference; '23 Manual - my engine code is B58B30C (340hp UK/EU) - built Aug-22.

I'm coming up to 1 year of ownership and I plan on bringing the car to the main dealer until year 3 for servicing until warranty expires as I don't have tools/right space to do oil changes at home.

I am happy with the stock power, however, very unhappy with the muffled intake sound and exhaust sound killing the B58's glorious sound.

I am not going to put an aftermarket exhaust yet, but after reading a lot of dyi posts here on intakes, and seeing Youtube vids, I am relatively confident I'd like either an EVenturi, MST or Armaspeed intake system, to add lots of induction and spool sounds and make the experience so much more exciting.

Here's my noob/dumb questions:

- Between Eventuri,MST and Armaspeed, which one is know the be the safest/most reliable/highest quality?

- Do any of these ever cause CEL?

- If CEL occured, can it be cleared at home with an OBD scanner?

- Once cleared would the CEL then raise questions from the tech?

- If you were doing what I want to do, i.e. custom intake but dealer servicing, would you put the stock intake back on for servicing or just leave the aftermarket one on?

Thanks to anyone willing to help.
An intake shouldn’t cause any trouble with CEL or servicing, in fact my dealers tech is the one that recommended I get the arma speed intake when I first got the Supra and I loved it. Had it for a year with no problems and recently sold it for the dinan intake and inlet because I like the brand more. Did lose a lot of sound but feels like a much better fit and I prefer the look

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Eventuri will be the highest quality - then armaspeed - then MST.

None will cause a CEL, nor will they provide any butt dynoable power gains. The OEM intake is fantastic. See if there are any UK based companies that offer an intake rensoator delete. I know verus engineering in the US offers it.

I cannot speak to experiences with MST or armaspeed, but I have the eventuri. There's some increased noise, but the two latter intakes will provide louder noise.
I got Armaspeed. No change in driving, just noise and underhood looks. It felt exactly the same from stock to Arma. I bought it for the looks and sound, so it works out perfectly.
Sponsored