All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
weren't you the one that failed to notice someone running an aftermarket downpipe on a supra in someone's youtube video? .. that you shared

you certainly browse the Z forum more than i do-- surprising you can't use the 'search' function, which is the same as we have on here.

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/pics-vids-of-nissan-z-with-aftermarket-wheels.444/page-7

failure in attention to detail is considered dangerous.. i certainly hope you're not your own mechanic :)
You mean because I watched a video and then didn't go scrutinize the comments looking to see if any info was correct or not. the dude said it was stock. I didnt go looking in the comments to see if he was telling the truth.

It was tongue in cheek about how they keep saying they cant get the car.. Not an attack on you my man. lighten up some.
Sponsored

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
https://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews/a42358903/2023-performance-car-of-the-year/

" A tad quicker at 1:33.4 was the new Nissan Z. Sure, it has 400 hp, but it’s also more eager to slide than the Subaru. That’s great for smiles but bad for lap times. Alas, early in our testing, the Z’s suspension suffered damage after hitting a curb on Monticello’s tight switchback after the straight. Every other car hit that curb repeatedly for two full days without a problem, but it put the Z out of the competition almost before it started. "

embarrassing
finished 2nd to last and several less hp cars trounced it
New not new chassis with a 370Z that only has new skin and a tired motor that needs to be dropped for maintenance and or turbo issues lol. Progress - GO NISSAN! This has to be the most OVERPRICED non quality, marginally attractive sportscar available. The introduction/roll-out is an utter failure.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
thanks for sharing, i enjoyed the article. they praised what should be praised, criticisms were accurate, etc. loved the amount of praise the Type-R and GR Corolla received

....... and the $53,000 Z Performance was out-performed by a $34,000 FWD Hyundai. beautiful day
This cannot be over-stated. IF you buy a Z you have PAID tooooooooooo much even if its below sticker. The entire car is an embarrassment and an insult to the decent heritage of the Z as a car.

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
I did peruse the comment section of that article and they did mention that it was invited.
Lmao, I guess this is on Nissan instead of C&D then. Hmmm, I thought Nissan enjoys embarrassing themselves?

Ngl, I just want to see how the Z flys off the track at VIR's uphill esses 🤣.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
is all the hate the Z is getting just initiation or is it really that bad?

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
most of the balanced articles says it is a so so effort the bring back a model. It is applauded for being a manual but the launch is unarguably a disaster

more hp on a 20yr old platform is going to be mediocre at best. The performance tests are unimpressive and or embarrassing

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
One of the problems was comparing it to the Supra (on track). Two different animals. The Supra is a beast 🦍 on track. Solid and ready to pound the track pavement out of the box. Cars have come so far in 20 years of development. I bet this Nissan is fun to drive in town and I think it looks pretty cool. But I wouldn’t even dream about trying to get the Nissan ready for regular tracking. She‘s just too far behind the starting line in today‘s modern world for the Supra vs Z comparison, like I think most of us were thinking when this thread was started…

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Shared on the z forum they delayed the NISMO till 2024
https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/595466

The new Fairlady Z that appeared in July 2022. Due to the production quota, orders have been temporarily suspended, orders have been placed but the delivery date has not been determined, and it is still difficult to obtain.

Although it is such a Fairlady Z, the development of the NISMO model is progressing.

In the original plan, it was planned to appear next year around the summer of 2023, but due to delays in the production of the standard car and the extension of the delivery date, even if the NISMO model was introduced, production could not realistically catch up. , Because the delivery date will be delayed more and more, the plan will be changed and it will be introduced in 2024.

In terms of content, the main focus is chassis tuning such as aerodynamics and undercarriage feedback from participating in the super endurance race, and 20-inch tires are used. Of course, the know-how of the racing model GT4 vehicle will also be utilized.

In particular, the front section will be extended by about 100mm due to the extension of the nose and the aerodynamic shape of the lower part of the bumper.

There are no major changes to the mechanical parts of the powertrain, but the engine has been fine-tuned with a focus on turbo control.

It seems that the maximum output will be increased by about 15ps to 420ps, but the engine performance is already sufficient, so it is said that it will not be increased so much. Tuning is the main thing.

As with the standard car, the transmission will be a 6-speed MT and a 9-speed AT.

The price is likely to be around 2.5 to 3 million yen plus 8 to 8.5 million yen compared to the version ST. It is under consideration whether it will be a limited model or a catalog model.

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
Shared on the z forum they delayed the NISMO till 2024
https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/595466

The new Fairlady Z that appeared in July 2022. Due to the production quota, orders have been temporarily suspended, orders have been placed but the delivery date has not been determined, and it is still difficult to obtain.

Although it is such a Fairlady Z, the development of the NISMO model is progressing.

In the original plan, it was planned to appear next year around the summer of 2023, but due to delays in the production of the standard car and the extension of the delivery date, even if the NISMO model was introduced, production could not realistically catch up. , Because the delivery date will be delayed more and more, the plan will be changed and it will be introduced in 2024.

In terms of content, the main focus is chassis tuning such as aerodynamics and undercarriage feedback from participating in the super endurance race, and 20-inch tires are used. Of course, the know-how of the racing model GT4 vehicle will also be utilized.

In particular, the front section will be extended by about 100mm due to the extension of the nose and the aerodynamic shape of the lower part of the bumper.

There are no major changes to the mechanical parts of the powertrain, but the engine has been fine-tuned with a focus on turbo control.

It seems that the maximum output will be increased by about 15ps to 420ps, but the engine performance is already sufficient, so it is said that it will not be increased so much. Tuning is the main thing.

As with the standard car, the transmission will be a 6-speed MT and a 9-speed AT.

The price is likely to be around 2.5 to 3 million yen plus 8 to 8.5 million yen compared to the version ST. It is under consideration whether it will be a limited model or a catalog model.
If their price predictions and my rough estimates are correct, this Nismo version is probably going to cost around US$65k msrp when it reaches US shores, yikes. That's the territory of the new M2.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
If their price predictions and my rough estimates are correct, this Nismo version is probably going to cost around US$65k msrp when it reaches US shores, yikes. That's the territory of the new M2.
Apologies if y’all have answered this before. What’s the weight of the new M2 and this new Nismo? Throwing the Nismo in the question just because this is a Nissan thread 😜

I feel like the Supra (at 3300lbs) is about as heavy as I‘d ever want to drive on track.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Apologies if y’all have answered this before. What’s the weight of the new M2 and this new Nismo? Throwing the Nismo in the question just because this is a Nissan thread 😜

I feel like the Supra (at 3300lbs) is about as heavy as I‘d ever want to drive on track.
Full description specs are in this link--

https://www.bmwblog.com/2022/10/11/2023-bmw-m2-specs-price/

Let’s start with the good stuff, right off the bat. The G87 M2 Coupe will get the same S58 twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six as the M3, M4, and X3 M. Except, for M2-duty, it gets fewer horses. In its base-spec, the 2023 BMW M2 will make 453 horsepower (338 kW) and 406 lb-ft (550 Nm) of torque. There’s no Competition model, so this is the only M2 you’ll get. For now at least. Peak torque comes in at 2,650 rpm and lasts until 5,870 rpm. Peak power comes in almost immediately after, at 6,250 rpm and it has a 7,200 rpm redline

The 2023 BMW M2 with the manual transmission weighs 1710 kilograms (3769 lbs) while the 8-speed auto M2 weighs 1725 kg (3802 lbs). This is the DIN weight. Now if you look at the U.S. market, the curb weight numbers are higher. 3,814 lbs for the M2 with six-speed manual and 3,867 lbs for the 8-speed auto.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Nissan's Recovery Isn't Fast Enough to Stave Off S&P Junk Credit Rating
The agency expects the automaker will underperform its sales projection for the coming fiscal year by almost two million cars.
Sponsored