All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
God the fact I just saw a post on there that Nissan is making a NISMO Ariya is just painful to me 😑
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
“To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” -Winston Churchill

It just doesn’t feel like Nissan is in the same mindset as Toyota. Look at Toyota racing.

https://www.toyota.com/racing

Try searching Nissan racing 2024. You won’t find anything like the link above. You don’t have to race to appreciate the direction a car company is heading. Not to mention all the free product/ testing/ future development that comes out of it 😉

Last edited:

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
21' Supra 3.0, 23' Z Perf, 14' Toyota 86
I've had mine since July and I still get the "This is the first one I've seen since launch" or "I had no idea a new Z was released!"

I'm with a lot of you. I mainly bought this because I started my love for cars with the Z31. It's a very underwhelming effort with this car. After the honeymoon phase, I kinda wish I got an M2 instead. It just sorta feels boring sometimes. I'm sure downpipes and a tune will fix that though lol.

Outside of that, it's a good daily with some good power and S30/Z32 styling cues. The Supra comes out of the garage probably twice a week at this point. Serves as a nice pallet cleanser. I've grown to appreciate my Supra more just cause you get so much car for the money...and it's so much faster in its current form.:p

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
I've had mine since July and I still get the "This is the first one I've seen since launch" or "I had no idea a new Z was released!"

I'm with a lot of you. I mainly bought this because I started my love for cars with the Z31. It's a very underwhelming effort with this car. After the honeymoon phase, I kinda wish I got an M2 instead. It just sorta feels boring sometimes. I'm sure downpipes and a tune will fix that though lol.

Outside of that, it's a good daily with some good power and S30/Z32 styling cues. The Supra comes out of the garage probably twice a week at this point. Serves as a nice pallet cleanser. I've grown to appreciate my Supra more just cause you get so much car for the money...and it's so much faster in its current form.:p
Nice to hear from those who own both. Z not an EU car. Not sold here at all.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI

Why keep the Supra and Z? Figured they'd fulfill the same sort of role in the garage.

I also have a Z32 ('91 2+0 NA), my first car. Fully planned on getting the new Z, then the MT Supra was announced and Toyota dealer reached out to me soon after. Never heard back from my Nissan dealer.. Of course I have zero regrets now.

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
21' Supra 3.0, 23' Z Perf, 14' Toyota 86
Why keep the Supra and Z? Figured they'd fulfill the same sort of role in the garage.

I also have a Z32 ('91 2+0 NA), my first car. Fully planned on getting the new Z, then the MT Supra was announced and Toyota dealer reached out to me soon after. Never heard back from my Nissan dealer.. Of course I have zero regrets now.
I mainly got it for nostalgia but also wanted to take some of the load off the Supra. I'm shooting for 650 Whp (the Supra) then will probably just drive it and track it now and then. At some point, I want to get a Liberty Walk Widebody kit for the Z. We got snow in NJ/PA, so both are currently relaxing while the 86/FRS is on winter duty 😂

I'm thrilled to hear you're enjoying the MT Supra! It's such a great car. Both transmissions are so good.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
“To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” -Winston Churchill

It just doesn’t feel like Nissan is in the same mindset as Toyota. Look at Toyota racing.

https://www.toyota.com/racing

Try searching Nissan racing 2024. You won’t find anything like the link above. You don’t have to race to appreciate the direction a car company is heading. Not to mention all the free product/ testing/ future development that comes out of it 😉
You suck at the internet 😎

https://www.nismo.com/supergt

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
Yeah sure, a silhouette race car that sort of looks like a production car but has barely any proper relationships with the production car at all.

Basically just marketing BS to make people think Nissan is still cool (lol) and none of their development in that racing series will be transferred over to the road car.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Yeah sure, a silhouette race car that sort of looks like a production car but has barely any proper relationships with the production car at all.

Basically just marketing BS to make people think Nissan is still cool (lol) and none of their development in that racing series will be transferred over to the road car.

It is the same in NASCAR. The race cars have not shared resemblance to their name sakes in 40 years?
Sponsored