Analysis, Comments & Reactions from the Web about the new Supra

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I think it will still sell (it's sold out for a year in most regions), but it's always better to be well received.
Sponsored

Kaizen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
from my perspective, about 80% of the comments on social media are about all the things people dislike about it. the remainder are mostly positive, but the level of negativity is something else.

I feel for Tada, but the prognosis atm isn't great IMO.
We live in the social media age. Negativity sells more than positivity :thumbsup:

MT6

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
This has to be the most controversial car release since the premiere of the 1999 Fiat Multipla.

I wonder how Toyota feels dealing with all the negative feedback.

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
It has to be tough to launch a car with this much negativity and doubt surrounding it. I wonder how Tada feels about the reception of the new Supra...

I haven't talked to anyone that's overly excited about it. Most supra guys hate it. I feel there really aren't a lot of people that love it.

And to be honest.. I am on team MKV and i am still not blown away by it.

supraz4

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 BMW i3, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I was blown away by the exterior design despite seeing all the renderings and leaks way before, but I was very sad when they put subwoofers in the rear instead of rear seats.
Having a rear seat is pretty serious requirement for me, but maybe I can overlook that when the production models hit the showroom and I can take a look in person.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
The sad thing is that a lot of people commenting are purely children who have never experienced a Supra, or morons that forget there's four generation of Supras and that the 2JZ can make 2934823942hp on a stock bottom end.

Anyone with half a brain knows that the world is a better place by having another well-priced sports car in the market - especially in the twilight of petrol-powered, fun cars.

Timmo598

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Toyota Supra, 02 Nissan Silvia, 09 370Z
Vehicle Showcase
The sad thing is that a lot of people commenting are purely children who have never experienced a Supra, or morons that forget there's four generation of Supras and that the 2JZ can make 2934823942hp on a stock bottom end.

Anyone with half a brain knows that the world is a better place by having another well-priced sports car in the market - especially in the twilight of petrol-powered, fun cars.
Couldn't have said it much better myself.

The A90 definitely doesn't deserve this much hate. I personally think it looks great.
I think people dont understand completely, the modern world we live in now compared to the golden JDM era of the 90s.

OP
OP
Jabba

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
First impressions from everyone's favorite "news" site. Surprisingly, they liked it for the most part.

Sponsored