Analysis, Comments & Reactions from the Web about the new Supra

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
Can we maybe split this thread? One for "discussions from the web" and the other being the member's discussion?

FasTTurbo

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra 6spd (RR) - 94 Supra 6spd (Alpine)
Isnt the public who is on this forum? Or are you guys all in the same room? Safe space?

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
Isnt the public who is on this forum? Or are you guys all in the same room? Safe space?
I'd rather not have to dig through the arguements to find what people not on the forums are saying.

dgh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 RX7; 2011 Toyota RAV 4
Nope. He isn't. He is one of the few who constantly sucks fat Aston-Martin, Porsche, Ferrari and BMW dick and rides them all the god damn time. YOU'RE the one who's being ignorant.

Is it not good enough because it was codeveloped with a BMW? Idk what else we could tell you here. The partnership was necessary. And fans like me want a new Supra back. It's still a very competent car in all the right ways and used all of BMW's good qualities. What's wrong with that?

I've shat on Harris since forever, and on the other hand, I strongly believe Jason Cammisa is one of the best automotive journalists out there. Jason is wrong on this point, but that doesn't make him the worst journalist out there because his facts and viewpoints are incorrect. You're just making that assumption that anyone who insults the Supra is immediately wrong and should be hated upon. That isn't true. I'm speaking for myself, and I am the most unbiased human being out there.

Someone actually made a post here whether they should buy the Supra or the LC, and despite how much I ADORE the new Supra, I immediately said go for the LC. So listen you douche, I'm capable of making an unbiased judgement and don't release a slew of dumb comments (like you) and spam the forums with unintelligent bullshit.

Who said the MkV doesn't have flaws? Did any of us say that? Who said that? Riiggghhht you're just jumping to conclusions here.

"The MkV fandom group is making the Old MKIV fanboys look like gentleman, and not one of them has got a damn car yet." Bias much?

Chris Harris kept saying it was bad because of the BMW partnership. Go watch his review if he was able to find other flaws with it. Go ahead. I'll wait. All you read about are his lies and trying to be edgy by going against the rest of the automotive reviewers. Even JDM fanboys that you see sometimes criticizing the new Supra for being codeveloped with the Z4 are still happy that the Supra is back. You have the basic formula of a good Toyota sports car, with engineers on both ends putting their heart and soul into this project trying to make some fun sports cars. Because this world needs fun. My only issue is that it needs a manual.

"No one owes Toyota or the MkV a damn thing, and no one has the right to demand we be grateful for it. People have every right to hold Toyota accountable for lazy engineering and brand profiteering, though speaking out about it." You're right. Nobody owes Toyota anything, but listen carefully you bub, don't you motherfucking whine if we don't get any more sports cars from Toyota after you throwing your stupid tantrums. This was their best attempt given the circumstances. So I'm grateful. And once I'm in the position to buy one, I will damn well buy one. Because I want a six-cylinder sports car from Toyota. For fucks sakes, we didn't have a six-cylinder Toyota sports car for over 20 years.

Like I said before. The MkV has flaws, but it's objectively the best Supra they made, even when considering the BMW partnership.
Just ignore this guy (AustralianoftheNorth). He flies in here once a week, drops a negative turd about the MKV, and you don't hear from him again for another week. He does not engage with anyones' responses to his comments, most of which rationally point out the weaknesses and strong negative bias in his arguments. He's the quintessential troll.....

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
you guys should watch the latest motorweek review, pretty non-biased
They always give polite reviews of all the cars they test. Sometimes they will make a kindhearted critique but I've never seen them be really negative.

These guys have been doing nicely made review videos for decades before Youtube came along -- I remember watching their show on a local PBS station on Saturdays all the way back in the 80s and 90s.

FasTTurbo

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra 6spd (RR) - 94 Supra 6spd (Alpine)
I've always watched autoweeks video back when I was a kid and dreaming about all the different cars I'd like to own one day. His voice brings me back to those days. I feel they are a bit out of touch with this latest review and kinda followed the Toyota script. Venturing off to say had Toyota actually designed the interior the pricetag would have been higher...no shit. Great car, look forward to driving the new z4, but honestly after the new vette launch that is the better car for the pricepoint, this is coming from a supra owner of 20 years.