Anyone see any orange 45th anniversary Supras on the road?

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
I think you all are getting too wrapped up in a 'mistake'. This badge is a legimate add-on as well as the carbon fiber mirror caps If these are listed as options on the sticker. The dealer ordered these options which were replaced at the port; perhaps they did not know what these are for the 45th Anniversary. Me personally, I would get the black emblem and get black mirror caps as this is 'stock' for this model.

Like the previous posters commented, just ask the dealer for a black emblem if this is what you want. These emblems can be ordered via the Toyota parts department in black or red.
So it is possible for Toyota to send out Supras with no Supra emblem in the back? Does anyone else have a window sticker that does not list "Exterior Emblem (3I) as "optional equipment"? If the description is there, but the "3I" is not, please let me know. Here's what my list looks like:

Optional Equipment.jpg
Sponsored

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
My window sticker did not have the emblem ordered, thus I have black badges. But also consider this: dealers can’t spec supras, Toyota just allocates them however they want. That means someone at Toyota wanted to be funny and added the red badge when allocating it to a dealer. Personally I would keep the red badge in it because of that fact. You’ll always have a cool story about the red badge, and you’ll always have that weird bargaining chip if/when you ever sell it that it’s a super rare factory optioned car to have the A91-MT edition model badge.

Seriously. I wish my car were the weirdly optioned one. I’d proudly rock that weird red badge.

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My window sticker did not have the emblem ordered, thus I have black badges. But also consider this: dealers can’t spec supras, Toyota just allocates them however they want. That means someone at Toyota wanted to be funny and added the red badge when allocating it to a dealer. Personally I would keep the red badge in it because of that fact. You’ll always have a cool story about the red badge, and you’ll always have that weird bargaining chip if/when you ever sell it that it’s a super rare factory optioned car to have the A91-MT edition model badge.

Seriously. I wish my car were the weirdly optioned one. I’d proudly rock that weird red badge.
Good points. However, at the same time, anyone can order the red badge and swap out the black one. The window sticker wouldn't show it but the chance that the car would command significantly more money when sold is likely to be very slim.

Similarly, I had my side skirts covered in carbon fiber-look PPF to match the side mirror caps. It can be removed by the next owner when the car is sold, someday if as-optioned from the factory is what the new owner wants.

But really, I appreciate everyone's thoughts about this odd occurrence. It is somewhat amusing.
What wasn't amusing was the refusal of both the sales guy and manager to return my calls.

Quick story: Back about 5 years ago when I was working for a very large company with a final assembly plant in Malaysia, one of our older, long-employed logistics-based employees decided, for some reason, to ignore increasingly more urgent emails and calls from one or more Malasia-based persons who needed information.

Our employee's lack of response was brought "up the ladder" at both facilities until our Director of operations had no choice but to fire the guy.
Just as many employees at this company were baffled as to why he jeopardized and then lost his job over what should've been quick response to a question, so too am I baffled as to why I needed to contact "mommy" Toyota to get a simple issue resolved.

Years from now, I'll laugh about this whole thing when I'm attending Supra meetups or cars & coffee events and describing my buying experience to attendees, just as I did, last Saturday.

Anyway, happy Thanksgiving to all of you in the US!:cool:

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I wonder if the colour is nicer in person - looks way too red to my tastes. Maybe it's like the yellow in that photos sometimes seem to present a paler yellow than what it actually looks like in person.

???

Last edited:

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
This picture I took of mine the other day when it was overcast I really feel captures exactly what my eyes see.. it’s not red at all, but between a yellow tinted orange and a red leaning orange, it leans slightly red, but has an extremely subtle yellow flake or pearl that gives it a little more sizzle in bright light.

IMG_1019.jpeg

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
This picture I took of mine the other day when it was overcast I really feel captures exactly what my eyes see.. it’s not red at all, but between a yellow tinted orange and a red leaning orange, it leans slightly red, but has an extremely subtle yellow flake or pearl that gives it a little more sizzle in bright light.

IMG_1019.jpeg
That's more like it.

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I wonder if the colour is nicer in person - looks way too red to my tastes. Maybe it's like the yellow in that photos sometimes seem to present a paler yellow than what it actually looks like in person.

???
Closeup shot under direct sun:
It definitely veers towards red as ambient light fades, but as you can see in this photo, orange is very evident when basking in brightness.

20231116_153236.jpg

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good match IMO. :thumbsup:

WarpDriveKid

First Name
Clemente
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clementbphotography.com
Car(s)
MKIII, MKIV, MKV, RX2, Datsun Truck, Mini JCW
45th color shifts so much! At times mine looks from bright strong orange to burnt orange, to terracotta. It's a trippy color and happy that I've waited to finally give in and get one. The wait for arrival, nuts! But it's all good now. :)

Brianmz

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 and 2022 Premium Supra, 2024 45th anniversary
I think the 45th anniversary is a great looking car, this is my 3rd one, had a 20 and a 22 before it, but at 700 miles, I'm not feeling driving a stick(drove stick only for 17rs due to my original country not having automatics) anymore lol, hope I can just unload it for what i paid for it plus taxes or something next month, or maybe ride it and see if it grows on me. Got spoiled by the zf8 shifter and my lazy commuter tesla.

WarpDriveKid

First Name
Clemente
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clementbphotography.com
Car(s)
MKIII, MKIV, MKV, RX2, Datsun Truck, Mini JCW
I think the 45th anniversary is a great looking car, this is my 3rd one, had a 20 and a 22 before it, but at 700 miles, I'm not feeling driving a stick(drove stick only for 17rs due to my original country not having automatics) anymore lol, hope I can just unload it for what i paid for it plus taxes or something next month, or maybe ride it and see if it grows on me. Got spoiled by the zf8 shifter and my lazy commuter tesla.
Yes all 45th Anniversary GR SUPRAs come with badge. Mine is an suyo and I love it! Of course my truck is a manual, so I have both worlds. 😎👍👍

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
But really, I appreciate everyone's thoughts about this odd occurrence. It is somewhat amusing.
What wasn't amusing was the refusal of both the sales guy and manager to return my calls.
The sooner you get away from the terrible service at Toyota the better imo. My dealer was very helpful in Winston Salem NC. But that was one salesperson (and dealer) amongst a very bad business setup/structure. You’ll find numerous nightmare stories on here just changing the oil, myself included. So my 2 cents, get that black badge, walk away & never look back. Your ownership experience will only go up from there. It’s a great product & with terrible delivery.
Sponsored