Anyone see any orange 45th anniversary Supras on the road?

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
i picked my 45th anniversary edition up last Friday. Apparently these were all sitting at port for over a month because of the rear wing. or something to do with it. This is my first Supra. Coming from a 981 GT4. the clutch is SUPER light. like its weird light. but not sure what i plan on for mods. Maybe an exhaust. I would love to do a Downpipe and a tune but i think im going to wait a bit with the warranty and all. Thinking about buying an extended Toyota warranty but also still thinking about that as well.

If you would like to join the FB group click the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/811936654069158/?mibextid=oMANbw
Congrats! I was offered many versions of extended warranty but Consumer Reports magazine advises against them. Rather, they suggest putting the money in a CD and save it for any future issues. I declined for that reason and because I won't be putting more than 3-5k miles on my 45th per year.
Sponsored

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They had the least drop of the options for the Supra. I’d prefer minimal drop, and the Z4 Eibachs (not Supra) which have .4” less of a drop are supposedly too soft.
Thanks. I am tempted to leave the stock springs if lowering springs will make changing the oil a pain. My options include a set of old steel ramps and a plastic extension kit which allowed me to change the oil in my lowered Mazda 3, easily. I also have some angle-cut 6x6 lumbar that I used to raise my 2001 Corvette high enough to get a floor jack under it. That had to be raised to equal height, front and back.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Thanks. I am tempted to leave the stock springs if lowering springs will make changing the oil a pain. My options include a set of old steel ramps and a plastic extension kit which allowed me to change the oil in my lowered Mazda 3, easily. I also have some angle-cut 6x6 lumbar that I used to raise my 2001 Corvette high enough to get a floor jack under it. That had to be raised to equal height, front and back.
Regardless, like my MX5, you‘ll want the race ramps or lumber to add a little space for the jack. The springs are nice for the right person. But this car, imo, is already pretty low to begin with. As we‘re finding out on another thread, you get too low and you have the potential to rub on the hood wheel well. Spacers don’t help in that regard but they do if you’re putting wider tires up front and just driving around in town. The majority of owners won’t be under high speed compression.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
Plot twist for me:

Sending back my Swift Springs (never even opened the box) and going with MSS height adjustable hybrid coil springs. Of the two best known HAS options, these are unanimously preferred over the HKS which are always referred to as being too soft for the purpose, and are supposedly super annoying to adjust ride height.

The drop on MSS is adjustable from 0mm-30mm front and 0-25mm rear. I’ll just set mine to a modest 15-20mm drop all around. Swifts would be a non adjustable 30mm all around, which is far more than the people who track these recommend.

This way the geometry will still be like stock, I’ll get a stiffer/sportier ride, I can minimize potential scraping. I’m going to be doing this change not for the aesthetic of a dropped car, but because it’s too soft for my preference bone stock, and a mild drop at most would be best if I actually want it to handle.

Sgtfluffy16

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 45th anniversary edition
Regardless, like my MX5, you‘ll want the race ramps or lumber to add a little space for the jack. The springs are nice for the right person. But this car, imo, is already pretty low to begin with. As we‘re finding out on another thread, you get too low and you have the potential to rub on the hood wheel well. Spacers don’t help in that regard but they do if you’re putting wider tires up front and just driving around in town. The majority of owners won’t be under high speed compression.
Hey i have a Miata as well.. you track both cars?

Sgtfluffy16

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Congrats! I was offered many versions of extended warranty but Consumer Reports magazine advises against them. Rather, they suggest putting the money in a CD and save it for any future issues. I declined for that reason and because I won't be putting more than 3-5k miles on my 45th per year.
i have a lot into crypto, and plenty in savings. basically its $2K for the 7 year 75K miles. Im planning on modding the car eventually. but wanting to see if the warranty is worth it. or what is common or could break on these. I want to do a downpipe and a tune. but i know that will immediately void the powertrain. Im mainly worried about infotainment or electronics for warranty wise

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i have a lot into crypto, and plenty in savings. basically its $2K for the 7 year 75K miles. Im planning on modding the car eventually. but wanting to see if the warranty is worth it. or what is common or could break on these. I want to do a downpipe and a tune. but i know that will immediately void the powertrain. Im mainly worried about infotainment or electronics for warranty wise
Is that 7 years after the warranty expires? The financial guy at the dealership warned me about electronics failing but I haven't seen that many posts about such failures.

Generaldk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8 CTR
My AZ 45th just finished port processing. It shows that the expected delivery is from Nov 21 to December 23rd, 2023. Hopefully, I can get it on Thanksgiving day. Can't wait to drive this thing.
Mikan looks really cool and unique. But I am obsessed with the Absolute Zero and Burnout Supra. White supra looks killer with lower springs and black accents IMHO.

Sgtfluffy16

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is that 7 years after the warranty expires? The financial guy at the dealership warned me about electronics failing but I haven't seen that many posts about such failures.
7 year or 75K from date of purchase. bumper to bumper, everything is covered. i will never hit the mileage. but the length or tim

My AZ 45th just finished port processing. It shows that the expected delivery is from Nov 21 to December 23rd, 2023. Hopefully, I can get it on Thanksgiving day. Can't wait to drive this thing.
Mikan looks really cool and unique. But I am obsessed with the Absolute Zero and Burnout Supra. White supra looks killer with lower springs and black accents IMHO.

join my FB group when you get your 45th https://www.facebook.com/groups/811936654069158/

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
They had the least drop of the options for the Supra. I’d prefer minimal drop, and the Z4 Eibachs (not Supra) which have .4” less of a drop are supposedly too soft.
~ indeed not too soft with the Euro Z4 Eibach springs. Just the perfect drop without being slammed.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I was offered many versions of extended warranty but Consumer Reports magazine advises against them. Rather, they suggest putting the money in a CD and save it for any future issues. I declined for that reason and because I won't be putting more than 3-5k miles on my 45th per year.
~ Couldn't agree more.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Hey i have a Miata as well.. you track both cars?
Just my Supra now. But I used to track the MX5. It’s now my work commute car, grocery getter or Supra’s at the day spa driver.

1TM14121.jpeg

KEV_8667.jpeg

I think there’s a ton of us who really appreciate driving. Hence the MX5 with 6 speed. VW GTI is also mega popular on here for 2nd car. My wife has one of those 😝

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Update on red Supra badge that was erroneously assembled to my car at the factory:
After trying to speak with my dealership salesman and then a sales manager with no response/callback, I called Toyota's Customer Service number and explained my frustration to the person who answered the phone. She told me she would call the dealership (perhaps as a parent scolds a child) and get someone to help.

I was finally connected to the Customer Relations Manager. It's a good thing because I was about to go there and hit the giant bell on the showroom floor with the massive mallet that sits near it.

This person eventually agreed that the mistake most likely happened at the factory, so the dealership is ordering the correct, black-letter badge and replace my red one at the next-door Collision Center.

I still don't know what the "Exterior Emblem" on the options list is. I'm hoping the CRM can find out.

Supra Red Badge.jpg

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Update on red Supra badge that was erroneously assembled to my car at the factory:
After trying to speak with my dealership salesman and then a sales manager with no response/callback, I called Toyota's Customer Service number and explained my frustration to the person who answered the phone. She told me she would call the dealership (perhaps as a parent scolds a child) and get someone to help.

I was finally connected to the Customer Relations Manager. It's a good thing because I was about to go there and hit the giant bell on the showroom floor with the massive mallet that sits near it.

This person eventually agreed that the mistake most likely happened at the factory, so the dealership is ordering the correct, black-letter badge and replace my red one at the next-door Collision Center.

I still don't know what the "Exterior Emblem" on the options list is. I'm hoping the CRM can find out.

Supra Red Badge.jpg
Definitely one of the more interesting "production mistake?" sagas I've seen on one of these.
Can't wait to hear what their conclusion is.

Could you DM me the VIN or a photo of the actual window sticker?

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.

Supra Red Badge.jpg
That's a good result! I'd ask to keep the red badge as they're pretty sought after in other markets.

Also, was there a dollar figure next to the "Exterior Emblem" option? Maybe it was just a reference to the 45th side sticker? 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored