back to 2.0 vs 3.0 debate ... Facebook?

Roman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR B48
I've seen this show up on there a few times when someone asks how is 2.0 compared to 3.0 and everyone like vultures immediately jumps with their "its a BMW not a Supra" and "2.0 is a blasphemy"

I get that some of these people are just trolls, but 3.0 is not for everyone - and I'm a 2.0 owner

yes I thought about 3.0 and yes I could afford it, but 2.0 is plenty for me - it gets up to speed just fine and it looks great just like a 3.0

the other thing I see is "if you want to go fast get 3.0 because by the time you are done you will spend 3.0 money" - but normal mods like downpipe/tune/intake is the same price and are just standard mods on any forced induction cars - you get a little more performance and a lot more noise - which is fine and 2.0 is still a great bargain

so unless you want to drag race people, regular spirited driving with 2.0 is just fine and after downpipe and exhaust I'm sure you will get plenty of "noise"

all the other mods like coilovers/brake upgrades/wheels/and rest of body is the same and 2.0 is a great way to get into a Supra and have a quick car that looks awesome

so just wondering, with so much "hate" that MKV already gets "online" - because at every meet I've been to everyone LOVES how the Supra mkV looks - I have yet encounter any negative comments about "fake vents" or "BMW transplant" - why are people downtalking on 2.0 owners?

did everyone forget about the great 4-banger Japanese motors from the past?

fact is these 4-banger turbos like in Focus RS and Golf R and GTI and STi and EVO and whole other cars are great and capable motors already and have been and have proved themselves already

and I'm not sure how many of you spend launching your cars from 0-60 at every red light
Sponsored

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
People will make claims about what drives their opinion of a 2.0 versus a 3.0, and what they tell you they probably believe. That said, what we think motivates our choices and what actually motivates them are sometimes VERY different. This is especially true of things we really like that say something about who we are.

So, as it relates to 2.0 versus 3.0, it’s significantly about status, prestige, and the perception of power. NOT FOR EVERYONE, and probably less true for many here (folks are reasonably thoughtful here), but for Facebook and other internet warriors it’s a motivator.

This is how car manufacturer are able to get normal people choosing to pay for cars with 500+ hp and off-road beasts like the Rubicon. Mind you, some folks do use those capacities, but a very small fraction of buyers.

There are some very good books in evolutionary psychology that are interesting and give some insight of why Pleistocene human brains are mismatched to our contemporary circumstances.

Interesting stuff. I applaud purchasing the 2.0 and giving the finger to people who think they know what’s best for you.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
People truly secure in themselves and the decisions they make in life don't let petty comments and things like this bother them...They also don't feel the need to go through great lengths to justify or validate decisions made...

Carry on...

Last edited:

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Anyone that has spent time around a 2.0 knows it’s one hell of a sports car. It has the looks and performance to go with it.

If I had the garage space I would pick one up to do a cool build with it.

-RJM

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Social Media is pretty much a cesspool that attracts the worst of people. I would just ignore it.
Social media needs the 'cesspool' or it loses money, money, jobs and its newfound and powerful political influence. Social Media and the empire of it, will sacrifice much to maintain the flow of cash and influence on the back of the 'cesspool' it attracts, cultivates and exploits.

Social Media is utter trash now. Any of its altruistic aim has been shattered by the greed and ego driving its owners, shareholders and political allies. I have zero Intsta, Shitebook, Twitter Trash or other accounts. Never. Its a poison. Its utility is absurd and useless now. There is nothing of note on a Social Media account you need.

These forums are as close as I get. If you have any brain left - Turn them all the fk off and get your life back. Go outside, take a walk, take a picture and keep it for yourself. Stop thinking of how you will share it with others who absolutely do not matter beyond your best friends or family. Turn the ringer off on your phone. I have not had mine on for years. If I need to talk I will turn it on.

Stop shorting and chopping the language to make a point or inform someone. Type the words out. Construct a complete thought and sentence. Make a paragraph, remember structure and grammar. The world is so much richer than a pic, an insta a tweet or some facejoke post. Texture, color, smell motion are all found in the REAL WORLD. Get out and see it. Stop sharing it. Its not being seen if your obsessed on sharing. Breath it in - turn all that shite off.

Last edited:

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
did everyone forget about the great 4-banger Japanese motors from the past?

fact is these 4-banger turbos like in Focus RS and Golf R and GTI and STi and EVO and whole other cars are great and capable motors already and have been and have proved themselves already
Bought a Ralliart, should have got an Evo,
a WRX an Sti,
SL to VR4,
Gen 1 to Gen 2,
Base to premium trim,
NA to FI,
2.0l to 3.0l,
vert to hardtop,
you bought that car, should of bought this car.

It's always been like that online. Should of bought this, bought that, done this, done that. Usually the only people posting that crap are people that don't matter or have the ability to do so for themselves so they shit on others in a pitiful attempt to fill their own emptiness. Rarely will you find those 'playing the game' doing so because they are out there enjoying it.

It's never the ones above you looking down, only them below you looking up.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Usually the only people posting that crap are people that don't matter or have the ability to do so for themselves so they shit on others in a pitiful attempt to fill their own emptiness
????????????????????????????

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
I owned a Camaro SS1LE (V8). The amount of crap from the V8 owners to the V6 and turbo 4 was ridiculous. Then Randy Pobst bought the 4 cylinder turbo Camaro 1LE manual and said that it was all the car he needed on the street or he would lose his license. Most of the loud mouths shut up. Having owned a Miata I get it. Sometimes its more fun to drive a slower car fast than a fast car slow.

I also owned the GT350 with the vodoo and some of those yahoo’s would make fun of other V8 Coyote owners because they bought “the lesser Mustang”.

I think some of it is small pee pee syndrome…

I think the 2.0 Supra makes a lot of sense depending on the person and how they use the car.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Surprised to see soo many previous mustang/camaro owners come over to the dark side. Super super interesting lol ?
I used to be only JDM then bought a C7 Z51 which really opened up my eyes to the Camaro and Mustang too. I’m not a brand loyalist at all. But I found myself missing a smaller, lighter, boosted car. The Supra really checks all the boxes for me. Ironically I sold my SS1LE expecting to buy a C8 in June/July and then GM kept closing the factory and my allocation got bumped to a 2022. Dealer expected a December delivery and it made no sense to in New England and I fell in love with the Supra and sold my C8 allocation.
Sponsored