Battery replacement on new LE 2020?

larrymz3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I wonder if any replacement / lightweight (i.e. lithium) batteries will work?
Sponsored

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
Possibly, but the BMW systems care about the battery a lot. You should read the warnings they have about it in the Toyota reprogramming instructions.

Jeff

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
Lithium has a significantly larger working voltage range and typically needs active cell monitoring. The charging is different because of this. I deal with batteries heavily in my job in the stationary side for utility and heavy industry so maybe they have motive batteries with boost/buck circuits for motive, but I am not aware of them in my field.

Davedaveee

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GR Premium 3.0
What battery maintainer is recommended guys? I am storing my 2020 Supra very shortly and will have it sit until April. I was looking at battery tender 4 amp and 1.25 amp. Not sure what to jump on, as i know i must keep the battery connected to the car. Thanks.

Nc1dent

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Will the car still crank with that light on? My dealership just informed me that the light is on and I don't want it to come off the truck and not start.

A90313

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Kind of old but for anyone that want to know
This code isnā€™t really a fault code. Car still starts and drives okay. And clearing codes with an itas or other (like MHD) will not get rid of message. Only way to clear it is to register a battery replacement in the DME.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Will the car still crank with that light on? My dealership just informed me that the light is on and I don't want it to come off the truck and not start.
It should start fine. Problem with people not shutting it off properly while it was in the dealership - at least in my case. It triggers when battery is too depleted with low mileage, etc. The dealership can simply re-register the battery as a new one, but it must be at 100% charge for awhile (15-30 minutes?) for the process to be accepted. My guess is it's reading the cycle limit for diagnostics or start-stop or...?

The dealership said the showroom cars that had it took 3-4 hours charging before it would accept the registration code... mine after driving it for a week of my commute (17 miles each way all freeway) took around 45 minutes I'd guess. I say "guess" because it was only 90 minutes from dropping it off and going home before they called me to pick it up - and I'm sure it was just sitting around for much of that time. ;) For all I know it might have taken 5 minutes... you know dealerships...

Grendel-13

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 2015 BMW 435xi
What battery maintainer is recommended guys? I am storing my 2020 Supra very shortly and will have it sit until April. I was looking at battery tender 4 amp and 1.25 amp. Not sure what to jump on, as i know i must keep the battery connected to the car. Thanks.
I bought the following bmw charger from amazon. It's the on they recommend for the Z4. It's been working fine on my Supra

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E9HQVFM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Anyone found a way to clear the replace battery code them selfs or does it have to be done by the dealer?
Not sure if true, but I was told it has to be re-registered to clear - which means dealer, I think. Definitely didn't see anything in BimmerCode for it. :dunno:

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
Anyone found a way to clear the replace battery code them selfs or does it have to be done by the dealer?
Bimmer link app has this.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
I know it has it for older cars but has it been confirmed for the Supra?
Well, good question. Maybe contact them. When I use Bimmer link to show the battery and charge state, it shows the correct Ah and % of charge and there is a place to register a new battery.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well, good question. Maybe contact them. When I use Bimmer link to show the battery and charge state, it shows the correct Ah and % of charge and there is a place to register a new battery.
Guess I need to give them some more money then! I just have Code licensed ATM.