Battery replacement on new LE 2020?

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, so as someone who is looking to install a couple of Blackvue cameras on my vehicle (I'm considering install 2 of these so that it would be like this setup), this obviously has me kind of worried. Is the issue tapping into the 12v plug (it sounds like that may draw power from this port even when the car is off?), or does this have more to do with the car not entering idle state? If, for example, someone were to install the Blackvue camera and this battery pack into the 12v ports in the trunk of the car (as RRKnight did here) and chance the settings to where the car enters idle mode once the door is opened, would that be enough to avoid the battery drainage issues?
Sponsored

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Okay, so as someone who is looking to install a couple of Blackvue cameras on my vehicle (I'm considering install 2 of these so that it would be like this setup), this obviously has me kind of worried. Is the issue tapping into the 12v plug (it sounds like that may draw power from this port even when the car is off?), or does this have more to do with the car not entering idle state? If, for example, someone were to install the Blackvue camera and this battery pack into the 12v ports in the trunk of the car (as RRKnight did here) and chance the settings to where the car enters idle mode once the door is opened, would that be enough to avoid the battery drainage issues?
I just checked the manual and it doesn’t state that the 12v plugs will drain the battery. It states that they operate in the Standby and Drive Ready states. I have seen people claim that the 12v will drain the battery but like I said there isn’t a warning in the manual.

This leads me to believe that the car may not be entering Idle state - this may be independent of the 12v load or because of it. Not clear from the info we have.

It also cautions that the load for the entire 12v network must not exceed 140w at 12v.

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
You need to use the Blackvue battery pack and wire to the car on a circuit that cuts power when the engine is off and car's electronics system is put to sleep. That way the camera is pulling power from the Blackvue battery and not the car battery. That is the only way people have avoided problems on BMWs, which the Supra shares this behavior with. Step 1 is finding the right circuit to pull from that is hot only when the car is on. You can scan BMW forums for some helpful hints. I know on the X3 M40i (which I own) you have to run power to the rear fusebox (in the hatch) to get the proper circuit for this.

I feel like a broken record for repeating this, but it's been hashed out to death on BMW forums and this is the only way to do it and avoid problems.

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
I'm going to go get the dedicated battery for the camera now before the dealer swap my battery.

Tkoch86

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 FRS [Halo] now a Launch Edition GR Supra #1062
Vehicle Showcase
Same here on my LE when I got it. Dealer replacing it Wednesday.

OP
OP

JggyMKV

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota
Just got battery replacement. Toyota was going to charge but I called the Toyota center for direct reimbursement to Toyota.

# to call: 800-331-4331

Anyone leaving car on battery tender? What type of tender are you folks using? Link?

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
Still waiting for my damn battery from the dealer. Canadian dealer sucks everything is back ordered for us.

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Still waiting for my damn battery from the dealer. Canadian dealer sucks everything is back ordered for us.
I’ve been waiting on the carbon fiber mirror caps from my dealer for many weeks now in the US, so our dealers can be pretty slow and crappy too. :p

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Can one of you guys do me a favor and snap a few quick pictures of the positive battery terminal on your Supra? Close pictures of the red plastic terminal piece and of the cable as well would be awesome. If there's a tag on the cable with a part number, that would be amazing!

Thelostrican

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra a90, gtr
I have this same issue mostly because my car was in the showroom, in ready state....
The way to fix this in bmw, and I bet on the supra is to register a new battery...the guy that I have used for my European cars, was unable to register it on the system...hopefully carly will add the supra to their obd lineup.

Midhun

First Name
Midhun
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I got this same issue with my supra. The dealer is ordering a new battery for me. I tried charging the battery and the charger shows 100% fully charged but it still show to replace the battery.

20190826_065624.jpg
If the Supra battery drains below 30 % before reaching 200km milage this message will show up ..but it can be solved by charging the battery and clearing the code.

OP
OP

JggyMKV

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota
800-331-4331

Give this # a call and they will cover the battery replacement. I had a similar problem as you and Toyota at first tried to charge me but customer service spoke with the Toyota agent directly and it was all paid by Toyota.

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
If the Supra battery drains below 30 % before reaching 200km milage this message will show up ..but it can be solved by charging the battery and clearing the code.
Thanks but I'm still waiting on the replacement battery from the dealer. Along with the front emblem too.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
BMW Part Number: 61217604808
Toyota Part Number for the Factory Battery: 28800-WA003
Toyota Replacement Battery Part Number: 00544-H9AGM-TS

It's a BMW 105AH H9/LN6 battery that is used in the North American B58-powered Supras.

Jeff
Sponsored