Best overall air intake upgrade?

Vroomin350

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS C7 Corvette
I figured. Then again my intake sounds weird. Everyone tells me it’s normal but I don’t think so. I’ll try to get a clip but it’s hard to catch on video ..
Sponsored

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
Installed the Eventuri a few weeks back. At first drive I thought it was super quiet but then I figured out how to “activate” the whistle. Build up boost pressure then let off the gas. Especially in sport mode and you’ll be rewarded.

The big test was taking it on my favorite mountain road. Now there, I really got my moneys worth. This thing definitely gave me the chills and made the driving experience more exciting.

an added bonus: I no longer have a check engine light from my Powerneedy downpipe

edit: nvm CEL came back =(

C7B44E19-E032-44C4-BB52-9254F882869C.jpeg

C61E8784-5184-4DD3-9589-9F9989C8FC82.jpeg

E2F8A72C-7465-4D11-96B2-0785A56B6FD7.jpeg

Last edited:

mortavious

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Absolute Zero
Trying to decide between Armaspeed and Eventuri...Not sure what I am getting for the extra $600...Are both compatible with Versus heat shield? Probably going to install a JB4 at the same time.

Rustyscrew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Tundra, 21 Supra, 66 VW Bus
Trying to decide between Armaspeed and Eventuri...Not sure what I am getting for the extra $600...Are both compatible with Versus heat shield? Probably going to install a JB4 at the same time.
I have Eventuri with JB4. I was between these two as well. Some of the things I noticed was that the Eventuri is fully carbon fiber where the Armaspeed still has some metal in the lower section of the intake box and cf keeps heat out better than metal. Also the Eventuri has a gold foiled metal heatshield to protect the cf intake box from the turbo heat. I also have the Verus heat shield for the added protection since there is already such high IAT with the B58. I really like this intake and it looks great too. It also can work with there headlight duct too. There is a small plate you can unscrew for the direct flow, though I've never seen anyone run this intake with the headlight duct.

Last edited:

JEA86

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Launch Edition, 2000 MR2 Spyder
5A1B5324-7FD9-40B9-8CC8-D95F413B1F85.jpeg

I ended up grabbing an Injen evolution intake, was a little disappointed that the sound is not much louder than stock, but I also didn’t want a “hot air” intake.

as for power can’t tell much if any difference from the butt dyno

NJA90

First Name
Tobi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0
Hey guys just installed the Eventuri intake, drove the car for a few but didn’t notice any difference in noise.. seemed very stock to me. Is there anything in particular I should try to bring out that whistle noise or Eventuri is basically built to be this way?

Attachments

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Hey guys just installed the Eventuri intake, drove the car for a few but didn’t notice any difference in noise.. seemed very stock to me. Is there anything in particular I should try to bring out that whistle noise or Eventuri is basically built to be this way?
Eventuri isn't the option if you want loud af; it has the best fitment from the intake options and is the fanciest IMO, but is not a podium finisher for loudest.

The current top 3 for sound are:
1. HKS (fairly new, but is very loud -- can hear very clearly even on video. I haven't heard one in person, so no 1st hand experience)
2. Armaspeed (been around a while, plenty of carbon fiber options, is loud)
3. MST V2 (best bang for buck, also loud, no CF AFAIK; you can get the clear lid option which looks cool since you can see the inside of the intake)

On a high level, you want a setup which replaces the turbo inlet pipe since the stock one is plastic and has ridges which disrupt the airflow and negate the noise.

NJA90

First Name
Tobi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0
Eventuri isn't the option if you want loud af; it has the best fitment from the intake options and is the fanciest IMO, but is not a podium finisher for loudest.

The current top 3 for sound are:
1. HKS (fairly new, but is very loud -- can hear very clearly even on video. I haven't heard one in person, so no 1st hand experience)
2. Armaspeed (been around a while, plenty of carbon fiber options, is loud)
3. MST V2 (best bang for buck, also loud, no CF AFAIK; you can get the clear lid option which looks cool since you can see the inside of the intake)

On a high level, you want a setup which replaces the turbo inlet pipe since the stock one is plastic and has ridges which disrupt the airflow and negate the noise.
im definitely blow away by the quality. It’s beautiful. As far as sound I don’t need super loud but was expecting a little bit more

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Best loud intake for the money is MST v2, In my opinion and I have heard both in person, it is louder then Armaspeed, if you are on a budget, CTS with the inlet pipe is mega loud. I have ran both, as well as AMS and BMS. MST overall winner, CTS behind, then HKS is the coolest by far

Ozzy8690

First Name
Ozzy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
14’ Turbo Ultramarine FRS, 2020 Downshift Blue Supra 3.0 premium
I have Eventuri with JB4. I was between these two as well. Some of the things I noticed was that the Eventuri is fully carbon fiber where the Armaspeed still has some metal in the lower section of the intake box and cf keeps heat out better than metal. Also the Eventuri has a gold foiled metal heatshield to protect the cf intake box from the turbo heat. I also have the Verus heat shield for the added protection since there is already such high IAT with the B58. I really like this intake and it looks great too. It also can work with there headlight duct too. There is a small plate you can unscrew for the direct flow, though I've never seen anyone run this intake with the headlight duct.
I run the entire Eventuri set up. Both the intake with the headlight duct. The sounds are ridiculous!
47ABB294-D4CF-4250-BB86-6AAE00040A1C.jpeg