Best tuning options for 2023 MT

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
dont you need to select and purchase the tuning license before sending to Femto? I always thought they ask which tuning platform e.g. BM3, MHD, or BM3 CustomRom prior to sending along which the email address you registered it with. Saving money to get FEMTO. If I can spend the $500 on BM3 CustomRom separately at another time it would be helpful cost wise.
So yes. To answer your question. However you don't have to buy the license right away. I have mine unlocked through Femto. I chose to go with mhd because I plan on taking my car to ces and have them dyno tune it. Now with being said, financial situations came up and I haven't had the income to do so. So my ECU is unlocked and ready to go, but I don't have it flashed yet with mhd.

Hopefully that makes sense. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions. I personally used @Louaye @EPC. They were awesome and beyond helpful.
Sponsored

MSport

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
So yes. To answer your question. However you don't have to buy the license right away. I have mine unlocked through Femto. I chose to go with mhd because I plan on taking my car to ces and have them dyno tune it. Now with being said, financial situations came up and I haven't had the income to do so. So my ECU is unlocked and ready to go, but I don't have it flashed yet with mhd.

Hopefully that makes sense. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions. I personally used @Louaye @EPC. They were awesome and beyond helpful.
I went BM3 because I knew I was going to stop at DP, Tune, and e50. The BM3 Flexfuel kit allowed the easiest access to a OTS Flex tune at the time. I guess MHD has come out with their own FlexFuel kit recently? Talked to CES myself and they advised no need for custom tune with BM3 pre-upgrading the turbo. Advice was to go BM3 e50 and give them a call when I'm ready for a clutch and turbo.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
dont you need to select and purchase the tuning license before sending to Femto? I always thought they ask which tuning platform e.g. BM3, MHD, or BM3 CustomRom prior to sending along which the email address you registered it with. Saving money to get FEMTO. If I can spend the $500 on BM3 CustomRom separately at another time it would be helpful cost wise.
you no longer need to purchase the tune before you unlock the car but make sure you make the correct selection when placing the order with femto

VeroBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 Supra Manual Strat Blue
you no longer need to purchase the tune before you unlock the car but make sure you make the correct selection when placing the order with femto
thats great. so for $655 USD plus shipping both ways then you can get the unlock from FEMTO. Wow, what a deal compared to pricing when this solution was first released

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
thats great. so for $655 USD plus shipping both ways then you can get the unlock from FEMTO. Wow, what a deal compared to pricing when this solution was first released
Through who? Or are you shipping yourself to Femto? Because the shipping is the issue for most

VeroBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Through who? Or are you shipping yourself to Femto? Because the shipping is the issue for most
femto’s site is set up now taking orders to ship direct to them. Their price is €600 which is $655. You can add insurance and DHL and UPS are pretty reliable from what i have read on bimmerpost

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
femto’s site is set up now taking orders to ship direct to them. Their price is €600 which is $655. You can add insurance and DHL and UPS are pretty reliable from what i have read on bimmerpost
Can you link us?

Because $655 vs. like $3-5k is a much different story.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
I went BM3 because I knew I was going to stop at DP, Tune, and e50. The BM3 Flexfuel kit allowed the easiest access to a OTS Flex tune at the time. I guess MHD has come out with their own FlexFuel kit recently? Talked to CES myself and they advised no need for custom tune with BM3 pre-upgrading the turbo. Advice was to go BM3 e50 and give them a call when I'm ready for a clutch and turbo.
BM3 Flexfuel kit>Visconti?

VeroBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

puckshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 CU Later A91-MT
Can you link us?

Because $655 vs. like $3-5k is a much different story.
It's $655 + shipping vs $1600 for the hand delivery. Maybe you're thinking of buying a DME to clone also otherwise it's nowhere near $3-5k.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
The integration is already there, why not?
As a 6MT owner, was it worth it going Femto BM3 with E50 as in fast and fun or still not fast enough?

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
Screenshot_2024-01-04-12-35-28-02_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg

Got to the end but didn't pull a trigger on submit yet . Don't see an option flag for UPS versus DHL though. If they're able to generate a printable shipping and customs labels that you can just drop off at UPS Store, that would be the tits.

VeroBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Screenshot_2024-01-04-12-35-28-02_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg

Got to the end but didn't pull a trigger on submit yet . Don't see an option flag for UPS versus DHL though. If they're able to generate a printable shipping and customs labels that you can just drop off at UPS Store, that would be the tits.
i would suggest contacting them. I never got that far. I reached them through their IG back when I was going to do it. i wasnt referring to FEMTO offering shipping; although based on your cart it looks they will ship back and bill you. I was saying Bimmer owners on Bimmerpost have used UPS and DHL with success. The hand delivered thru EPC is obviously safest but who would use anything else; do u think it if happened to get lost by another vendor they would do much more than refund you anyway? If you place insurance and ship yourself you can dispute and get your insurance money from UPS so just make sure you cover w enough insurance to buy a replacement DME if you are worried. WO insurance shipping looks to be around $90 each way from Florida using UPS world saver at small 10lbs box.
Sponsored