BM3 CustomROM is Ready!

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Both. Sometimes independently, sometimes together. There is a table that based on IAT temps, looks up a timing reduction table at a certain percentage.

There is another table that pulls target torque down depending on how much timing is being retarded.

Cutting a hole in your hood and adding a vent would probably do more for this than just running ethanol with no performance tuning
That's great news. Running e25 is a pain in the ass. šŸ˜‚
Sponsored

bz4

First Name
jie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
OMG, I just cannot with this forums "next week!" fascination.

That said, I have faith in the bm3 folks more than most.
lol, you'll just engine blow out more easily than most šŸ¤£

Lamer6459

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Can you take a photo of the wire harness?
So Bootmod3 has reached out and everything has been installed. Their instructions are top notch. Iā€™ll have to say that they have gone above and beyond any vendor Iā€™ve dealt with. If you guys have any issues send them an email. Itā€™ll get fixed!

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
That's great news. Running e25 is a pain in the ass. šŸ˜‚
Knock is also a reference for the timing reduction table. If you run the E25 you will be less likely to knock and less timing will be pulled.

Nico

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
So, hit me with the ELI5 on BM3.

I have been patiently waiting for a solution like this since i got my '21 A91. I want to start with some simple mods like pure 800. downpipe, exhaust, intake etc.. blah blah. This is going to be what it sounds like a very good, dependable, easy to use system to not only FINALLY tune my car, but actually use bolt ons and remap? Easy flex fuel options as well for like... just no-brain going to an e85 pump?

What's the process? No longer need to send my ECU anywhere? Just buy their flex fuel kit, wifi adapter, tune, and go?

chaoscentral

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
So, hit me with the ELI5 on BM3.

I have been patiently waiting for a solution like this since i got my '21 A91. I want to start with some simple mods like pure 800. downpipe, exhaust, intake etc.. blah blah. This is going to be what it sounds like a very good, dependable, easy to use system to not only FINALLY tune my car, but actually use bolt ons and remap? Easy flex fuel options as well for like... just no-brain going to an e85 pump?

What's the process? No longer need to send my ECU anywhere? Just buy their flex fuel kit, wifi adapter, tune, and go?
Nothing has changed in regards to needing it unlocked by FEMTO. You will still need to pull the DME out of your car and ship it overseas. The only new thing from this process is instead of only allowing calibration flash tunes only, FEMTO are able to write the CustomROM portion of the code directly to the DME as BM3 couldn't access that portion of memory directly prior to that flash.

You could always use bolt ons and remap with the FEMTO unlock. What you couldn't do before was use features that relied on custom DME code like flex fuel, map switching, anti lag etc. and this allows those features to be used without a cloned DME.

Nico

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Nothing has changed in regards to needing it unlocked by FEMTO. You will still need to pull the DME out of your car and ship it overseas. The only new thing from this process is instead of only allowing calibration flash tunes only, FEMTO are able to write the CustomROM portion of the code directly to the DME as BM3 couldn't access that portion of memory directly prior to that flash.

You could always use bolt ons and remap with the FEMTO unlock. What you couldn't do before was use features that relied on custom DME code like flex fuel, map switching, anti lag etc. and this allows those features to be used without a cloned DME.
I appreciate this response. Sucks it's still a $3000-$5000 process overallfrom the sounds of it.

humblemoto

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91, '07 E60 M5, '19 Panigale V4S

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I appreciate this response. Sucks it's still a $3000-$5000 process overallfrom the sounds of it.
My DME is with Euro Performance Center in Finland right now for the CustomROM with Femto. Hopefully should be hearing back from them soon about it being shipped to me.

Total cost charged to me was: 2,344.00 - Service + BM3 License + Shipping.

Dont forget you need also ENET cable to connect to BM3 Software from your PC, or you can buy the new BootMod3 WiFi Adapter. Its either these two methods or nothing else - no other OBDII Adapter works.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V3C47YD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.protuningfreaks.com/col...ootmod3-bm3-wireless-obdii-wifi-flash-adapter

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just got my DME back from Euro Performance Center - installed back in car and car fired right up with no issues...will have to flash later with Stage 1 OTS BM3, until I put on my downpipe later and flash to Stage 2 OTS BM3...

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Edit: All is resolved now, but you can read below.

Welp! Major problem number one.

Screen said that my DME was still locked and CustomROM not detected.

Went to flash anyway and it failed, attempted to roll back to OEM tune and now the car starts and dies...

I am reaching out to ProTuning support as well.

Any thoughts? @Louaye @EPC

Screenshot_20230526_132417.jpg

Last edited:

Louaye @EPC

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
europerformancecenter.com
Car(s)
2022 Supra premium
Welp! Major problem number one.

Screen said that my DME was still locked and CustomROM not detected.

Went to flash anyway and it failed, attempted to roll back to OEM tune and now the car starts and dies...

I am reaching out to ProTuning support as well.

Any thoughts? @Louaye @EPC

Screenshot_20230526_132417.jpg
Almost had a heart attack for anyone else viewing this custom rom will not say enabled until a custom rom map is flashed, and bm3 does not tell you if your dme has been unlocked.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok folks, I am back up and running with the CustomROM.

I was using my Samsung Galaxy S22 with Enet cable and USB Adapter to attempt to flash the first time and was having issues.

I then figured what does it hurt - I got my wifes laptop, turned off the Windows Firewall, downloaded BootMod3 software and then was able to flash to Stage 1 93 tune. I then flashed to the MultiMap Stage 1 tune. I was only using the Enet cable with no USB adapter.

The car was able to start without issues - I have yet to drive it or tinker with the multimap settings.

Thank you to @Louaye @EPC - he contacted me right away, got my number and called me; all while contacting Femto and ProTuning folks.
Screenshot_20230526_143431.jpg

7sstreet

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Ok folks, I am back up and running with the CustomROM.

I was using my Samsung Galaxy S22 with Enet cable and USB Adapter to attempt to flash the first time and was having issues.

I then figured what does it hurt - I got my wifes laptop, turned off the Windows Firewall, downloaded BootMod3 software and then was able to flash to Stage 1 93 tune. I then flashed to the MultiMap Stage 1 tune. I was only using the Enet cable with no USB adapter.

The car was able to start without issues - I have yet to drive it or tinker with the multimap settings.

Thank you to @Louaye @EPC - he contacted me right away, got my number and called me; all while contacting Femto and ProTuning folks.
Screenshot_20230526_143431.jpg
Iā€™d never again use cables with mobile phones. Get the BM3 wifi adapter for your phone. It works best by far.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Also, in case anyone else is wondering - my Bimmercode personalizations remained intact, with no re-programming needed.
Sponsored