Bootmod 3 users

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Which BM3 tuners are the best and have the most experience with the A90?
There are a lot of tuners out there with experience on the BM3 platform, many of them comment frequently on the forum. Heres to name a few and I'm sure others will add to the list:

-F80 Paul (Paul Johnson)
-Jordan Tuned
-Counterspace Garage (Zach Tucker)
-Visconti Tuning

ALEXVOSS123

First Name
ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV5 SUPRA
can i run stage 2 (AGG) with my catless downpipe and drop-in filters? or does it really needs something else?
i mean how safe to run it with the catless downpipe

7.insta

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV Renaissance Red
Vehicle Showcase
can i run stage 2 (AGG) with my catless downpipe and drop-in filters? or does it really needs something else?
i mean how safe to run it with the catless downpipe
You can definitely run it with a catless DP in fact an AGG map must be run with a catless DP and a catback, it says under the recommended hardware to have a straight pipe setup for AGG maps. So personally I wouldn't do AGG maps on stock catback exhaust but would rather wait till I do a straight pipe setup with no cats or mufflers

Cs191707

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
While Bootmod3 is cloud based you can download any given map much like Spotify works with songs for example and flash them with or without internet.

Being cloud based brings many advantages to users including not being tied to a given operating system or physical device. You can use a laptop with macOS or Windows on it but you can also use mobile with both iOS and Android.

Another unique feature to bootmod3 is it preserves any given vehicleā€™s DMEs software version. Most other flash tools use a single version of software to flash all the DMEs of a given type. This includes flashing back to stock causing a mismatch in software ids with the rest of the carā€™s software. It is far harder to add support for tuning all software versions this way on our part but we felt it was something end users would tend to appreciate. Tuning all vehicles with a single version does provide for some added benefits when it comes to adding other features and weā€™ll soon be supporting that as well for reasons of some advanced changes to software.

There are hundreds of logging channels available and 7 of the top 10 quickest MKV Supras today are tuned with bootmod3.

Bootmod3 comes with an integrated cloud based tuning editor that is free to anyone to use and doesnā€™t even require a bm3 license.

Weā€™re working on a few really neat features there and general platform additions that have come in through end user feedback which weā€™re looking forward to releasing. The cloud based tuning editor is tied into the tuner directory where you can choose a tuner to work with to build a custom tune for you and not deal with manually emailing datalogs or retrieving map files from emails. Process is integrated and makes life far easier than staying on top of things over email. It was built to enhance the tuner-customer experience and weā€™re always working hard to make it better based on feedback.

Any other questions let us know :drive::drive:

I appreciate the information!!

Quick question, does bootmod3 void the warranty if you retune to stock every time you go to the dealer? Is there any way the dealer will know that you have tuned and retuned your car back to factory settings. On the fence with the ecu tune and donā€™t want to miss out on a warranty when I just bought the car last week.

Cheers,
Chad

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate the information!!

Quick question, does bootmod3 void the warranty if you retune to stock every time you go to the dealer? Is there any way the dealer will know that you have tuned and retuned your car back to factory settings. On the fence with the ecu tune and donā€™t want to miss out on a warranty when I just bought the car last week.

Cheers,
Chad
Yes and no. For non-drivetrain related things, the warranty is totally fine, essentially guaranteed. However, for the drivetrain, it gets tricky. If you break smaller items like valve cover or you have an oil leak, those are likely to be covered. Things even up to turbos are consistently covered in BMWs. The issue is once you pop the motor, they can do some digging into the logged data in the ECU and find whether or not the car was tuned regardless of flash counter, data resetting, etc. thereby voiding your drivetrain warranty.

Nytrajin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger GT, GR Supra
Old thread resurrection lol. Interesting this earlier shift point discussion comes up on tuned cars, wonder if the shift points are governed by the transmission based on torque values rather than engine RPM. AFAIK BM3 does not adjust transmission behavior, when I go to the transmission section of the menu it says no transmission programming is available.

Ozzy8690

First Name
Ozzy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
14ā€™ Turbo Ultramarine FRS, 2020 Downshift Blue Supra 3.0 premium
Old thread resurrection lol. Interesting this earlier shift point discussion comes up on tuned cars, wonder if the shift points are governed by the transmission based on torque values rather than engine RPM. AFAIK BM3 does not adjust transmission behavior, when I go to the transmission section of the menu it says no transmission programming is available.
I think youā€™re right about that. Iā€™m on ECUTEK now and it does the same thing itā€™s just smoother.

Nytrajin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger GT, GR Supra
I think youā€™re right about that. Iā€™m on ECUTEK now and it does the same thing itā€™s just smoother.
Yeh I found throttle sensitivity is a bit too aggressive with BM3 which would explain the abrupt torque value based shifts. After a few days driving I eventually adjusted to the new throttle response but it definitely points in the direction of torque output governed shifts based on throttle percentage or load. I know that the transmission is always measuring/monitoring torque values; it's one way BMW finds out whether you've tuned the car or not for warranty claims despite stock flash and lock, and flash counter resets according to all my tuned Beemer buddies.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Yeh I found throttle sensitivity is a bit too aggressive with BM3 which would explain the abrupt torque value based shifts. After a few days driving I eventually adjusted to the new throttle response but it definitely points in the direction of torque output governed shifts based on throttle percentage or load. I know that the transmission is always measuring/monitoring torque values; it's one way BMW finds out whether you've tuned the car or not for warranty claims despite stock flash and lock, and flash counter resets according to all my tuned Beemer buddies.

Shift points are a blend of a few things. And yes one of them is torque. Others are driver request, RPM, throttle, and etc. Trans shifting early at part throttle, which is what i've seen people complain about on all flashing platform can fairly easily be fixed. Tune just needs to be adjusted accordingly.

Superfly

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE #1189, 2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2001 Honda S2000, 2018 Honda Accourd 2.0 Touring, 2007 Acura MDX
Iā€™m on BM3 stage 2 AGG, Titan Motorsports catless dp, turned off cat monitoring but I still get CEL. Tried the mini cat, still get CEL. Sucks.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Iā€™m on BM3 stage 2 AGG, Titan Motorsports catless dp, turned off cat monitoring but I still get CEL. Tried the mini cat, still get CEL. Sucks.
Happened to about 3 owners I personally know

Reach out to support and they will have this fixed for you

joepro90

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I know I'm a bit late to the party but I'm loading up Bootmod3 after work tomorrow. I have a catless DP, Intake and charge pipe and drop in filter. I am waiting on my HKS catback to arrive (est time is late november :( ...) but I was to throw a 91 stage 2 tune on it. Anyone on the stage 2 aggresive tune with a similar set up? or should I wait for the catback before I install that tune? Ty in advance.
Sponsored