Burger Tuning BMS Elite BMW/Supra B58TU Charge Pipe Blow-Off Valve (BOV) Kit

racebuild

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
Got this for the novelty of having a blow off, however after 2 weeks this thing is back in a box and gonna sell it.

IAT’s are increased by about 20F due to additional heat soak from the hot charge air bleeding directly in front of the intake manifold.
Sponsored

a90fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90 3.0 Premium
Got this for the novelty of having a blow off, however after 2 weeks this thing is back in a box and gonna sell it.

IAT’s are increased by about 20F due to additional heat soak from the hot charge air bleeding directly in front of the intake manifold.
You could always use an Intake that has a cold air box e.g. Factory OEM, Eventuri, HKS, MST, Armaspeed, etc. with the lid on.

R8TTEDR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
R8V10TT, Turbo S, 570s, 335i, X5 40i

That makes no sense at all. You must be the same guy that emailed me and said you felt it in your feet through the firewall. :lol:

Thepaulsurfer1

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra

This doesn't make sense. I see no significant changes in IAT after installing charge pipe with blow off valve on acn91 or Flex up to e55 during cruising or after pulls logging through ecutek. Seems to be trolling.

racebuild

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
That makes no sense at all. You must be the same guy that emailed me and said you felt it in your feet through the firewall. :lol:
Of course it makes no sense to the guy who makes it, don’t worry people will still buy it… your hot air intakes are still popular isn’t it?

Now let’s think logically.

At part throttle it’s constantly bleeding off charge air (~240F, over 300F at the track) into the engine bay, tell me where does that heat go? Must be venting out the fake vents we have? Right. So we have additional hot air, but makes no sense.

You could always use an Intake that has a cold air box e.g. Factory OEM, Eventuri, HKS, MST, Armaspeed, etc. with the lid on.
I’m currently on a factory air box. Had an Armaspeed prior, IAT was higher than stock intake.

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Of course it makes no sense to the guy who makes it, don’t worry people will still buy it… your hot air intakes are still popular isn’t it?

At part throttle it’s constantly bleeding off charge air (~240F, over 300F at the track) into the engine bay, tell me where does that heat go? Must be venting out the fake vents we have? Right. So we have additional hot air, but makes no sense.

I’m currently on a factory air box. Had an Armaspeed prior, IAT was higher than stock intake.
Maybe your just an idiot who installs everything wrong🤷🏽‍♂️ show us datalogs of your claims

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I'd like to see a log of this 'BOV make IAT's Hotter' because it's patently false, unless installed very incorrectly.

I have hundreds of logs from my car, which has a BOV, and zero IAT effect- because there shouldn't be, because it makes no sense.

racebuild

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
Maybe your just an idiot who installs everything wrong🤷🏽‍♂️ show us datalogs of your claims
LOL. That must be it. Don’t you own one of these amazing pipes? If you don’t and would like to purchase one and have first hand experience I have one available.

If you do own one… next time you drive, and the car at temp and heat soaked just like in real world conditions, run a log. Keep start temps with in a few degrees, no glory runs.

R8TTEDR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
R8V10TT, Turbo S, 570s, 335i, X5 40i

Sigh... first of all. Sales or no sales, it doesn't change my salary.

Second, I'm in the R&D department. So everything I work off has to be logical and backed with data to support my "logical claims".
At part throttle when boost is very minimal it's not at 300F like it would be at 20+psi.

Air comes in through the front grills and gets pulled under the car where the airflow has negative pressure. Standard practice in all car manufacturing.

Airflow.jpg
Airflow 2.jpg

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 GR Supra Premium MT
At part throttle it’s constantly bleeding off charge air (~240F, over 300F at the track) into the engine bay, tell me where does that heat go? Must be venting out the fake vents we have?
wait till this guy find out theres an actual hot turbo in his engine bay. Guys gonna send the whole ass car back.

racebuild

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
@zrk, you’re a forum god, how can we mute/ban @racebuild? Guy seems like a troll.
You would probably say that I’m trolling when I tell you with the factory charge air cooler system my IAT is only 4F degrees over ambient (83F) with engine coolant temps at 209F.

wait till this guy find out theres an actual hot turbo in his engine bay. Guys gonna send the whole ass car back.
A thing called heat management comes into play here.

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
Since I'm not exactly sure how the provided tubing likes being Teed into, I replaced this with some thick wall silicone hose to hook up a mechanical boost gauge.

Parts list needed:
4mm ID silicone hose, 10/11mm OD. Reminder that the BOV run itself is 30 inches, but figure about 8 ft to run the hose up to the A pillar

two 1/8" NPT to 3/16" 90 degree barb fitting
one 3/16" barb tee fitting

I used 10/11mm ID spring clips. Your call if you want to use hose clamps. Need 6 clamps if hooking up boost gauge, 2 without.

IMG_20231010_111852.jpg

Last edited:

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Since I'm not exactly sure how the provided tubing likes being Teed into, I replaced this with some thick wall silicone hose to hook up a mechanical boost gauge.

Parts list needed:
4mm ID silicone hose, 10/11mm OD. Reminder that the BOV run itself is 30 inches, but figure about 8 ft to run the hose up to the A pillar

two 1/8" NPT to 3/16" 90 degree barb fitting
one 3/16" barb tee fitting

I used 10/11mm ID spring clips. Your call if you want to use hose clamps. Need 6 clamps if hooking up boost gauge, 2 without.

IMG_20231010_111852.jpg
what I did was get the tee with a female bung 1/8” to run my boost silicone line frommy meth kit with this.