Buying new right now?

TuxedoPC

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
I read through the "US Dealers Without Markups" thread, but was wondering if anyone has recent experience with buying new.

I am in the SF Bay and looking at either 6+ month wait or dealers charging $5-12k markups in NorCal and SoCal right now for a 3.0 Premium...

1-2 East Coast dealers seem to be doing MSRP.

Any advice, or is this just the game right now? Appreciate the help and/or any thoughts!
Hey, I recently bought my 22 3.0 Premium last month. I was able to get is at MSRP but it required me to go to Madera Toyota. MSRP is possible man, you have to look.
Best of luck, its one hell of a car.
I am also in the Bay Area :)

ST6IX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I was able to get a 3.0 premium for 5k under newMSRP(I know, insane) in Maine this past december. It was a 2021. For the non-believers, I can provide the bill of sale in messages

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Went through this a little over a month ago and after contacting a couple dozen dealers a lightly used '21 popped up and I grabbed that instead of a new car.

I refuse to pay above MSRP and did not want to wait. Car was local so I didn't have to travel (or ship) either.

Bonus: it had just received it's break-in oil change. I was able to floor it right away. 0 oil consumption. This worked out well for me.
Oil consumption starts after 2,200 miles apparently

driftingsw21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 MR2 (5th gen swap), 2010 BMW X5
My experience was Mixed in the Seattle area. Some dealerships wanted 5 to 10k over MSRP. No one had it in stock. Went to the Bellevue dealership and placed my order there. They told me the wait can be six months. Had to put down a non refundable deposit to get the car ordering process started but it is what it is. Least they are not charging me a giant markup and give me MSRP with a clear bra and window tint markup only. Good luck to anyone trying to buy it's like swimming with sharks at this point.

yellowman

First Name
evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 C.F edition 2021 jeep GC
here in bethleham pa koch 33 has two both have red interiors and the mark up is 10k. Thats what they told me but call them they have the cars right now

mmspider

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0L(sold)
My experience was Mixed in the Seattle area. Some dealerships wanted 5 to 10k over MSRP. No one had it in stock. Went to the Bellevue dealership and placed my order there. They told me the wait can be six months. Had to put down a non refundable deposit to get the car ordering process started but it is what it is. Least they are not charging me a giant markup and give me MSRP with a clear bra and window tint markup only. Good luck to anyone trying to buy it's like swimming with sharks at this point.
I heard you can`t actually order a supra in the USA. Its more so them trying to find the spec you want.

Last edited:

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
I hope you got that in writing that they will only change you MSRP. Plenty of stories around here of being promised MSRP, only to have it changed when the car arrives.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I haven’t see any 3.0s here in the Seattle area at dealerships. Supras are scarce these days even the 2.0s. If you really want one soon its best to go out of state and expect to pay above MSRP.

-RJM

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
It’s interesting because if you get on cargurus there’s so many listed through carvana and Carnac and you should be able to have those shipped to other locations. What’s the word on those?