Car & Driver Dyno Results: The 2020 Toyota Supra Makes More Power Than Toyota Claims

tisdrew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 335i, Kouki s14
Vehicle Showcase
My n54 made 500 ft-lbs @ 2200 rpm with catless downpipes and a tune, these figures seem completely reasonable for those doubters of modern turbo bmw engines.

madweazl

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'15 Mustang GT & '13 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of the trans, is it the 50 that is the Supra?

waleed

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'15 IS 350 F-Sport, '14 Accord Coupe V6
My only worry is that this car doesnā€™t behave like it makes those numbers. I have seen quite a few videos and it launches very decently. Iā€™d expect a car with those numbers to do be a tire shredding monster.

So either it doesnā€™t make those numbers or itā€™s dialed in perfectly

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
My only worry is that this car doesnā€™t behave like it makes those numbers. I have seen quite a few videos and it launches very decently. Iā€™d expect a car with those numbers to do be a tire shredding monster.

So either it doesnā€™t make those numbers or itā€™s dialed in perfectly
It's all about the balance Tada is always lusting after/over.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
Well, launch control can really help obviously with avoiding tire fires off the line, but sadly, so does an auto. Clutch dropping 426lbs/ft would be dramatic. But for sure, I'd like to see these dyno numbers verified on another car. C&D was wondering if the torque converter was locking right at the torque peak, but I don't see how a slipping converter would result in higher numbers.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
@SupraFiend funny you mention WRC and their tuning strategies because Tada-San told me word for word, "We took some strategies from our WRC team when tuning this car on regards to making torque quickly. We worked within our parameters like how the WRC team works with restrictors. The end result is a car that feels much faster than you would think"

:p
Ha, I knew it! That torque curve looked too similar to what those old restricted race cars did.

elpadrino

First Name
eL
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC350F, bmw E92, ducati monster