Carplay has disappeared

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
We now have several 2021 cars reporting this problem. Pretty widespread. No doubt, Toyota/BMW will be on top of this quickly. My money is on a subscription authorization issue, perhaps associated with the recent OTA updates to iDrive. If it hasn't happened to you yet, it may be your car hasn't recieved this.

In my case, the car is garaged in an area with marginal cell coverage. Possible some of us haven't recieved the buggy update yet...
Sponsored

Aslamsupramkv

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
I am facing the same issue on my 2020 Supra. Earlier in the morning 7:30 am CST I wasnā€™t able to connect to apple car play. Kept saying activation failed. Then at lunch time Apple car play disappeared completely. Called the Toyota customer service. They are clueless at this point. I am told Iā€™ll get a call back once the ā€œsupport teamā€ find out more information.

Edit: I did hear back from the Toyota customer service. Told me to take car to the dealer. They may need to ā€œreinitializeā€ apple car play.

Thatā€™s just great! :doh:

MannyC224

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Turbulence Grey "Supra35"
Same issue here. Calling Toyota Corporate right now. Going to give them some hell. I still have my factory sticker where it clearly says "Wireless Apple CarPlay Compatible." Going to start using the term "Class Action Lawsuit." Would recommend everyone else do the same 800-331-4331 (M-F 7am to 7pm CT) option 5, then option 3.

Last edited:

Scraig

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Same issue here. Calling Toyota Corporate right now. Going to give them some hell. I still have my factory sticker where it clearly says "Wireless Apple CarPlay Compatible." Going to start using the term "Class Action Lawsuit." Would recommend everyone else do the same 800-331-4331 (M-F 7am to 7pm CT)
I have the same issue as of yesterday. Apple CarPlay is no longer showing on the home screen.

Scraig

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
I have the same issue as of yesterday. Apple CarPlay is no longer showing on the home screen.
Iā€™ve called
The dealership and they are going to call me back.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Same issue here. Calling Toyota Corporate right now. Going to give them some hell. I still have my factory sticker where it clearly says "Wireless Apple CarPlay Compatible." Going to start using the term "Class Action Lawsuit." Would recommend everyone else do the same 800-331-4331 (M-F 7am to 7pm CT)
:lol: maybe they'll refund you the money and throw in the car for free with those threats lol

I was pretty sure that I had CarPlay as of this morning but I will check again later. If anything, it seems like software/update glitch which aren't uncommon.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
mad as hell.gif

ArtEmortal

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 GTI 1.8T, 2013 VW CC R-Line, 2020 Toyota Supra
well, I dropped off the Supra at the dealership. they said they'll need the car til 4pm today. I let the service writer know I lost connection with apple carplay since yesterday, that i was still able to connect via bluetooth, but only to stream music.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Will follow this closely. I have a 2021 3.0 Premium and CarPlay worked fine as of 2 PM ET today, but I have had intermittent issues getting CarPlay to work since I bought the car in October. For me, CarPlay either would not appear as an option or would not establish a connection. Never found any pattern.

Ziggy

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Hey got in my car this morning and carplay has disappeared no way to reconnect

anyone else experiencing this? Know how to get it back?
Help!:dunno::imnew:
I am having exactly as you describe, the same issue. It was fine 2 days ago and then it was gone. I went through everything the owners manual said to do and still nothing. I call Toyota at the 800# and they said they havenā€™t heard of any issues yet Iā€™m hearing a lot of peeps are having the same issue. They referred me to the dealer. Iā€™m not happy at all!!!

Ziggy

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Will follow this closely. I have a 2021 3.0 Premium and CarPlay worked fine as of 2 PM ET today, but I have had intermittent issues getting CarPlay to work since I bought the car in October. For me, CarPlay either would not appear as an option or would not establish a connection. Never found any pattern.
Mine is a 2021 3.0 premium and went out yesterday. Toyota claims there is not an issue . Here we go

Ziggy

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I have this exact same scenario - same screens - started this morning. Nothing I do seems to make a difference. Worked yesterday.
Please call Toyota!! Iā€™m experiencing the same problem but when I called they said they arenā€™t aware of the problem. 1(800)331-4331. Letā€™s start blowing up the line so they can get a fix
Sponsored