Carplay has disappeared

Ziggy

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Well, we now have reports from at least 6 people here that all lost Carplay today. I'm guessing it has to do with the date. 12-1-20. Quite possibly a bug in the authorization code. Carplay is subscription-based, and this is about the only explanation that makes since. Your cars were programmed to disappear Carplay on 12-1-20. Probably should have been 12-1-24 or something like that.

One thing to check: do you have the option of purchasing a Carplay subscription via Supraconnect.com online? Be worth checking.
Please call Toyota 1(800)331-4331. I called today and they claim to know nothing. No complaints or issues known. They referred me to the Dealer and I know the dealer will know nothing. Mine went out 2 days ago. There seems to be a bunch of us yet Toyota claims they know nothing
Sponsored

Ziggy

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
The inverse question is relevant as well. Are there any 2020 owners that have NOT lost CarPlay? Be interesting to know. This is widespread enough to try and collect a bit of additional data, such as model year and build month/year (from your door jam) for the impacted cars.
Iā€™m a 2021 3.0 premium and lost mine 2 days ago!!

MannyC224

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Turbulence Grey "Supra35"
Please call Toyota 1(800)331-4331. I called today and they claim to know nothing. No complaints or issues known. They referred me to the Dealer and I know the dealer will know nothing. Mine went out 2 days ago. There seems to be a bunch of us yet Toyota claims they know nothing
They won't confirm anything on the phone. They don't want anyone to know how wide spread the issue actually is! Pick up the phone and call 800-331-4331, option 5, option 3.

Ziggy

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Ok, just got to my car. Lost CarPlay too and it wasnā€™t my usual blue tooth or WI-FI turned off.

2020 Supra

will wait for the update
Please call Toyota and let them know thereā€™s a problem. They told me they arenā€™t aware of any problems

MannyC224

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Started a petition on Change.org so we can start to see how far reaching this issue is, and potentially seek compensation from Toyota if they can't fix the issue. Please post this link everywhere you can! http://chng.it/78gWbXj7

Last edited:

Ziggy

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Same issue here. Calling Toyota Corporate right now. Going to give them some hell. I still have my factory sticker where it clearly says "Wireless Apple CarPlay Compatible." Going to start using the term "Class Action Lawsuit." Would recommend everyone else do the same 800-331-4331 (M-F 7am to 7pm CT) option 5, then option 3.
I agree with class action!! This is a major let down. I called today and they claim they havenā€™t heard about the issue at all!! Iā€™m furious and dread the hassle of getting my car in to the dealer and the fear of lot attendants abusing it while itā€™s there. Iā€™m driving a $50,000 plus vehicle with 1970ā€™s technology. Not cool!!!

Brandonanix

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
The biggest issue I had with it disappearing and why I would seek the lawsuit is because I nearly crashed yesterday trying to troubleshoot whilst driving since I was late to a work call and relied on CarPlay to do this, and relied on CarPlay to message my team that I couldnt connect, which I subsequently had to do by hand etc.. Had to exit the freeway and trouble shit this nonsense on the side of the road which was a waste of time and effort

MannyC224

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I agree with class action!! This is a major let down. I called today and they claim they havenā€™t heard about the issue at all!! Iā€™m furious and dread the hassle of getting my car in to the dealer and the fear of lot attendants abusing it while itā€™s there. Iā€™m driving a $50,000 plus vehicle with 1970ā€™s technology. Not cool!!!
Started a petition on Change.org so we can start to see how far reaching this issue is, and potentially seek compensation from Toyota if they can't fix the issue. Please sign it and post this link everywhere you can! http://chng.it/78gWbXj7

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Attachments

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
Iā€™m driving a $50,000 plus vehicle with 1970ā€™s technology. Not cool!!!
Those of us that actually owned and drove 1970s cars are laughing so hard right now. Thanks for the chuckle. Your Supra isn't really a "car" by any defintion from the 70s. It's a complex computer hive-nest that happens to have 4 wheels.

And can we hold off on the lawsuit threats until we give BMW/Toyota a reasonable chance to fix this? Good grief, this just came up less than a day ago. A little understanding goes a long way.

nevik

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Refraction Blue, 2013 GS 350 F Sport
2021 model and I just checked mine and itā€™s still there.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
ok Karen. ;)
Sponsored