FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Screeching
How have I not done this yet? Maybe you‘ll live up to your name @lucky phil and avoid the problem like me 🤞. But I’m not complaining… my mechanic said we could bend my plates a bit if/when I want. I also have steel brake lines. So, even though it’d be controversial, I could take them off as well. If this becomes a problem. Most of my miles on the car are track miles. I get peppered with all kinds of junk… The high rotational speed, heat and repeated quick turns, likely helps keeping that channel free of debris.

I’m only repeating all of this because if anyone is like me and doesn’t read through 13 pages of posts, violà.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Does anyone know how to turn off or on the rev match function? Couldn't find in the Vehicle settings.
Click sport mode and configure individual and turn off gear shift assist.

DrSupra

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT
Does anyone know how to turn off or on the rev match function? Couldn't find in the Vehicle settings.
I could be wrong but I think the only way it can be turned off is in sport mode individual where you can uncheck the rev matching in that menu. Hopefully I've missed something... Ideally I'd be able to turn off rev matching in normal mode but it seems the only way for this to approximate normal mode with rev matching off is have sport individual configured to have steering, suspension, and engine in normal.

DrSupra

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT
When you turn off traction control completely it also disables rev matching
Sweet!! Thanks. Now I'll just sound annoying for asking the other side of the question but can sport mode re-engage rev matching if traction control is completely off? Or is once traction control off is rev matching gone for good?

barasoap

First Name
Niel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91 MT
Sweet!! Thanks. Now I'll just sound annoying for asking the other side of the question but can sport mode re-engage rev matching if traction control is completely off? Or is once traction control off is rev matching gone for good?
I didn't do a lot of testing I just know when I turned off tc completely, I had to do my own downshifts. I was in sport mode and I normally use rev matching 'cause I'm lazy so I never turn it off.

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
When you turn off traction control completely it also disables rev matching
Not for me it doesn’t, regardless of sport or normal mode. Just double checked only way to turn it off in the menu to turn gear assistance off.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
Your elitism is getting a little annoying.
Don’t drive a manual - you’re a moron.
Have a mechanical issue - you obviously don’t know how to drive.
Own an automatic - you dumb shit, why’d you buy that?!
Get off your high horse and let people drive what they wanna drive and own what they wanna own.
i've had that guy muted since the moment the forums let me ignore people. before i made an account, i learned the people with the strongest opinions on these forums, whether about the supra or not, are those without one lol

barasoap

First Name
Niel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91 MT
Not for me it doesn’t, regardless of sport or normal mode. Just double checked only way to turn it off in the menu to turn gear assistance off.
Thought I was going crazy so I had to try it again. Works for me idk.

excuse The shitty driving I’m a shit driver

kingdooksdb

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Can someone point me in the direction of an upgraded clutch while my cars at the shop awaiting catless dp and retune??

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Can someone point me in the direction of an upgraded clutch while my cars at the shop awaiting catless dp and retune??
None are available yet as far as we know.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
How have I not done this yet? Maybe you‘ll live up to your name @lucky phil and avoid the problem like me 🤞. But I’m not complaining… my mechanic said we could bend my plates a bit if/when I want. I also have steel brake lines. So, even though it’d be controversial, I could take them off as well. If this becomes a problem. Most of my miles on the car are track miles. I get peppered with all kinds of junk… The high rotational speed, heat and repeated quick turns, likely helps keeping that channel free of debris.

I’m only repeating all of this because if anyone is like me and doesn’t read through 13 pages of posts, violà.
I've never had a car with noisy brakes due to stones caught in a backing plate. Noise from brake dust sure but not stones.
There's an old internet wives tale that's been around for years that stones jammed in brake callipers between the pads and the disk cause the grooving that's common on brake disks. It's a total fallacy but people continue to believe it.
Thought it might be related to that but it appears not. I've not seen the Supra setup in detail so I'll reserve judgment but it seems unlikely it would cause screeching but you never know.

Phil

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I've never had a car with noisy brakes due to stones caught in a backing plate. Noise from brake dust sure but not stones.
There's an old internet wives tale that's been around for years that stones jammed in brake callipers between the pads and the disk cause the grooving that's common on brake disks. It's a total fallacy but people continue to believe it.
Thought it might be related to that but it appears not. I've not seen the Supra setup in detail so I'll reserve judgment but it seems unlikely it would cause screeching but you never know.

Phil
Golfs were renowned for this issue. A quick forward and hard stop along with a quick reverse and hard stop usually dislodged any stones.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.

Phil
Not an old wives tale or fallacy, a very real thing with supras. Pebbles can and will get caught in between the dust shield and the rotor. If you take a look at the design of the dust shield, you will see why. I have had it happen once. Then I bent the shields back a little and it hasn't happened since.

Someone also mentioned VW. I also had that issue with one of my VW's, but in the rear.

Both experiences where extremely loud and annoying.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra

Phil
Had this happen on my past audi and couple of bmws. Rock between dust shield and rotor.
Sponsored