Clutch Slipping on stock A91 MT...

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Not an old wives tale or fallacy, a very real thing with supras. Pebbles can and will get caught in between the dust shield and the rotor. If you take a look at the design of the dust shield, you will see why. I have had it happen once. Then I bent the shields back a little and it hasn't happened since.

Someone also mentioned VW. I also had that issue with one of my VW's, but in the rear.

Both experiences where extremely loud and annoying.
Ok good to know about the brake shield and rock issue. The "wives tale" was about the rocks getting caught between the brake pads and the disk. If you know how disk brakes work you'll know it's impossible.

Phil
Sponsored

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
Can someone point me in the direction of an upgraded clutch while my cars at the shop awaiting catless dp and retune??
You could always consider a classic small race clutch, but it is a bit on the pricey side because of the faux carbon…

1EDA6720-5882-446A-AB5E-9A0543D9A5E0.jpeg

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Wait.. I didn't know this thread was about automatics. 😂
Dude I hope you get your car soon! WTF is going on over there 👉🏼
But glad y’all are finally allowed to go outside. Did that affect the car deliveries? I’ve been following your thread. Lots of peeps waiting… it seems like you’ve been waiting forever. At least we’ve got this page for accessories to keep owners or soon to be ones busy $$$

Edit: sorry, thought this was the official ricer thread, it’s a little more spicy on @MoTeC_R ’s thread

Last edited:

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Dude I hope you get your car soon! WTF is going on over there 👉🏼
But glad y’all are finally allowed to go outside. Did that affect the car deliveries? I’ve been following your thread. Lots of peeps waiting… it seems like you’ve been waiting forever. At least we’ve got this page for accessories to keep owners or soon to be ones busy $$$

Edit: sorry, thought this was the official ricer thread, it’s a little more spicy on @MoTeC_R ’s thread
Aparently I have a transmission number now.. whatever that means. Still no VIN or an actual delivery date. And yeah, it has been forever!

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
since this thread is already de railed to hell, I just got a platinum card and need to hit a spending limit, can someone order parts from eos or verus or something so I can hit that asap, I'll give good deals. Trying to get some points here for upcoming travel lol. LMFAO that sounds so bad readig it out loud but ya lol

clutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra and GD STI
If anyone has any photos of all the clutch components plus the flywheel. I can likely serve up a solid line up of clutch solutions for everyone (i work for a clutch manufacturer). Would need to see and or get my hands on the following:

Release Bearing
Pilot Bushing/Bearing
Flywheel
Pressure Plate
Clutch Disc(s)

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
If anyone has any photos of all the clutch components plus the flywheel. I can likely serve up a solid line up of clutch solutions for everyone (i work for a clutch manufacturer). Would need to see and or get my hands on the following:

Release Bearing
Pilot Bushing/Bearing
Flywheel
Pressure Plate
Clutch Disc(s)
Would a PN list help in any way? I don't think any of the ones with issues have gotten to the point of having the original one replaced to be able to take pictures.

clutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra and GD STI
Would a PN list help in any way? I don't think any of the ones with issues have gotten to the point of having the original one replaced to be able to take pictures.
I was actually able to get the part list from someone here who posted what the dealership charged them. If i can't get my hands on one that's used, I will just order the whole kit from the dealership to take measurements.

kern417

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 440i
I was actually able to get the part list from someone here who posted what the dealership charged them. If i can't get my hands on one that's used, I will just order the whole kit from the dealership to take measurements.
I was planning on doing the same. if it has BMW part numbers on any of the components that will be key to determining compatibility. I just need a dealership that will take it back brand new in box. Some said they don't take returns even if it wasn't installed.

clutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra and GD STI
I was planning on doing the same. if it has BMW part numbers on any of the components that will be key to determining compatibility. I just need a dealership that will take it back brand new in box. Some said they don't take returns even if it wasn't installed.
Correct, i have done this many times in the past–just the cost of doing business. I don't want anyone to buy one just for this purpose. I just know there's many of you having problems and having to replace the clutch with the dealership, even if the parts are worn i can get everything worked out.

It's a bit disappointing to see the dealerships selling the disc(s) with the flywheel as a package… that removes the freedom of resurfacing the flywheel and forces you to replace it.

kern417

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 440i

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Single disk, so not the same as S55/S58 cars. It probably is equivalent to the 335is/550i clutch that's an OEM+ upgrade for other B58 cars. It's also rated for around 600 ftlbs (holding right at 590 on my 440i).

Edit: Or am I seeing that right? Looks like the 4th pic might be a stack.

Edit2: Yeah I take that back. Looks just like the M clutch.
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=4Z91-EUR---F83N-BMW-M4&diagId=21_0270
It's a single-disk, I know that for a fact.

EDIT: All of the parts are on national backorder right now, otherwise I'd take the risk and order up a complete set to help with R&D of compatible upgrades and/or development of aftermarket solutions.
Sponsored