GoldenEye

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
This is my 3rd run at it, boxed off a makeshift box, blocked the bottom from getting hot air and got rid of the tray. Now before you roast me for doing a shitty job, I plan on making a final product that will be aesthetically pleasing. For now, after a few beers and hours of quality deathmetal, hereā€™s what I gotā€¦
IMG_2621.jpeg
IMG_2622.jpeg
IMG_2623.jpeg
IMG_2624.jpeg
IMG_2625.jpeg
IMG_2626.jpeg
IMG_2627.jpeg
IMG_2628.jpeg

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
at this point, I'd ask why not get rid of the CF elbow and do a straight out with a mushroom filter, close off that whole area or just open top. it'd be further away from the engine/turbo, closest to the CAI.

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
GoldenEye

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
@XtremeMaC Honestly Iā€™m not sure why Iā€™m so focused on this project right now. I guess Iā€™m just working with what I have. Iā€™ll do a test log and send it to @Jesse DaBears , which Iā€™m sure heā€™ll quickly say it did nothing and Iā€™m a dumbass, lolā€¦JK heā€™s too nice he wouldnā€™t say that, but heā€™ll think it! šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

kfer

First Name
Feri
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
@XtremeMaC Honestly Iā€™m not sure why Iā€™m so focused on this project right now. I guess Iā€™m just working with what I have. Iā€™ll do a test log and send it to @Jesse DaBears , which Iā€™m sure heā€™ll quickly say it did nothing and Iā€™m a dumbass, lolā€¦JK heā€™s too nice he wouldnā€™t say that, but heā€™ll think it! šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚
Just a little tip.
You should build a ā€žclosedā€ box and insert your inlet, to ensure that the air is not sucked in from the engine compartment.
Like MST built it - with the small addition ,that a heat shield would be necessary to avoid the the heat radiatoion directly from the turbo (like the stock airbox wit the heat shield).
And leave a little more space between the AirBox and Turbo so that the airstream can carry out the heat better.
But don't expect any measurable performance gains or lower IAT. However the sound is really great.
I made a similar solution for my BMC filter.

filter2.jpg

filter1.jpg

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Just a little tip.
You should build a ā€žclosedā€ box and insert your inlet, to ensure that the air is not sucked in from the engine compartment.
Like MST built it - with the small addition ,that a heat shield would be necessary to avoid the the heat radiatoion directly from the turbo (like the stock airbox wit the heat shield).
And leave a little more space between the AirBox and Turbo so that the airstream can carry out the heat better.
My previous cars benefited from it. This one, meh šŸ«¤ but youā€™re right about the sound. And I like the looks with the see thru cover. Also found this on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AFRIVNQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

It fits and says I can wash it annually.

Pretty cool @GoldenEye doing this all yourself. Let us know if it provides any decent cooling benefits šŸ‘šŸ¼

OP
OP
GoldenEye

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Thanks guys I appreciate it. Iā€™ve been doing a lot in the past few weeks (when I have time) Iā€™ll post on my build thread when Iā€™m done.
My IAT is at or below 70 degrees, seems to work?

SooopraSD

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2005 Titan, 1993 Civic, 2003 CBR600RR
Thanks guys I appreciate it. Iā€™ve been doing a lot in the past few weeks (when I have time) Iā€™ll post on my build thread when Iā€™m done.
Something I did a couple of weeks ago. Now whether it helped or not, not sure. Didnā€™t take any logs. It was fun to do though.
35033BFB-CFB4-42ED-8BF7-3C51144947BE.jpeg

A16B6594-5D35-48F6-842D-C578EECCD40D.jpeg

F95CD6D3-75BC-412C-BFC7-2DDE91DFFD23.jpeg

OP
OP
GoldenEye

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
@SooopraSD thatā€™s cool bro, very similar to what I did. I had to take the top off of mine because it trapping hot air in, lolā€¦

kfer

First Name
Feri
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
May I ask which intake manifold you are using? I would be ultra happy if I could stay below 100F (~40c) . I'm currently considering buying one that's better than OEM.
70F (~20c) IAT is fantastic, is it the Wagner Tuning version ?
They advertise around 20c/70F at 4.5c outside temperature.
If I do 1-2 pulls it goes straight over 125F/50c even at optimal outside temperature.

IAT_100_250_pull.jpg

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
May I ask which intake manifold you are using? I would be ultra happy if I could stay below 100F (~40c) . I'm currently considering buying one that's better than OEM.
70F (~20c) IAT is fantastic, is it the Wagner Tuning version ?
They advertise around 20c/70F at 4.5c outside temperature.
If I do 1-2 pulls it goes straight over 125F/50c even at optimal outside temperature.

IAT_100_250_pull.jpg
Welcome Feri! Checkout Razorlabā€™s build on a sweet intake manifold if youā€™re tracking. If drag, or adding lots of HP, checkout zrkā€™s build. Both those guys have done stellar jobs on sharing information if going that route.

@GoldenEye is where most of fall, clean and simple things we can do to our car w/out needing an engineering degree or pass a ASE certified mechanic test.

I used lava shield on straight pipes of my other cars. Keep that heat in. Great stuff!