Cost to own a Supra

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Biggest complaint, the damned fuel tank is tiny. Pain in the ass having to go to the gas station so often.
as stupid as it sounds i LOVE that the fuel filler is on the passenger side. I go to sams and theres LINES of people waiting to fill on the drivers side and very few on the passengers side.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
as stupid as it sounds i LOVE that the fuel filler is on the passenger side. I go to sams and theres LINES of people waiting to fill on the drivers side and very few on the passengers side.
Cars have reverse.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Cars have reverse.
reverse doesnt change the side of the gas tank lol the only way it works is if they pull in facing the opposite direction and the sams club here is pretty stringent on people not doing that.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
reverse doesnt change the side of the gas tank lol the only way it works is if they pull in facing the opposite direction and the sams club here is pretty stringent on people not doing that.
Well Sam's sucks then. :p

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
If your making this post, the Supra is probably not the right car for you. You may buy one and sell it within months like several people on here and etc.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Oddly I was just thinking this same thing the other day. Coming from someone who as a kid opened his black driver door into one of those yellow concrete pillar protector thingys since the filler was on the driver side. I, for one, am very glad it’s on the passenger side on the Supra.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
How's the fuel quality? I'd be watching my knock timing retardation like a hawk for gas that cheap.
93 only, its still over 4 bucks a gallon but in terms of KR no issues haha.

Reactions: zrk

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
If your making this post, the Supra is probably not the right car for you. You may buy one and sell it within months like several people on here and etc.
to be fair, it's only recently you can buy a brand new car, drive it for 6 months, and sell it for at/more than you paid. No idea what 2024-2025 will bring 😬

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Over the past 2.5 years of ownership, aside from registration, insurance, and gas, it's really cost me nothing more than that...Keep in mind also had free oil and filter changes and scheduled inspections done over past few years...

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
The car has only been out for 2 years, and for most people it's probably a second vehicle (since a 2 door sports car is pretty impractical if it's your only vehicle), so you're not going to find anybody with 100k+ miles who has had to deal with large maintenance issues to really get a good answer to this question.

I'd say most members here have <10k miles on their cars, naturally in that amount of time the only maintenance they'll have to do is oil and maybe tires. I've had mine for a bit over a year, it has 6k miles, I've changed the oil once and...that's it. Not counting the money I've put into mods. Gas mileage isn't terrible, I get around 18-20 mpg and the car spends 99% of its time in manual and sport mode.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'd say most members here have <10k miles on their cars,
Definitely true, but there are several folks on their 2nd+ engine. ;) So as far as mechanical repairs go, we have a pretty good idea.

lordwalker

First Name
Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium, Macan GTS, RS5, Model Y
I daily mine, 7.5k miles since Sep 2021, hasn't used a drop of oil, been very good to me so far. Would assume running/service costs will be similar to our Audi's and perhaps a bit less than the Macan GTS. Everything is more expensive than a BRZ/GR86 obviously but not too bad.

That being said I've already spent about $5k just to get the car looking what I'd call "acceptable" in my eyes 😂 ... Probably another $5-8k in the next year or so to have it looking/driving the way I want it. Mod bug is real on a car like this.
Sponsored