Dealer wants $85k OTD for A91 C U Later MT

kylekay24

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1992 GTR
I walked away but is it just me or is that ridiculous? It Has 6000 miles on it. Told them I’d do $71k OTD and that was generous because I could put a deposit down and get a new 2024 45th anniversary edition MT for $80k OTD which is still marked up but my point being it’s a brand new 2024 that hasn’t been owned by anyone yet and is still less. Sticker price was $71,800 then they added $5970 of “dealer accessories” that were not removable so they say and after tax it was around 84/85k OTD
Sponsored

RaceReX

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium, 2009 SRF
I’d walk away too.

but unlike apparently many users here, I’m a cheap battard.

also, I’d love to know what those dealer installed options were.

doorguards? Magic paint protector. Custom license plate holder with their name and telephone number? Nitrogen in the tires? Or better than that, Argon!

I had a dealer quote me 80K for the new Nissan Z when it came out. MSRP was $50K. I told him to let the rich guys who just NEED the latest toy have it.

OP
OP

kylekay24

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1992 GTR
I’d walk away too.

but unlike apparently many users here, I’m a cheap battard.

also, I’d love to know what those dealer installed options were.

doorguards? Magic paint protector. Custom license plate holder with their name and telephone number? Nitrogen in the tires? Or better than that, Argon!

I had a dealer quote me 80K for the new Nissan Z when it came out. MSRP was $50K. I told him to let the rich guys who just NEED the latest toy have it.
Door guards, paint protector, nitrogen in tires, car tracker, and some other stuff. So you are pretty spot on.

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
85$k for a Supra......is is 2020 launch edition shenanigans all over again ?
If I'm spending almost 90k it'll be a P badge car

6mtsoup

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
Used market for A91MTs have been floating 70-75k. Some sell for less, like one on BaT for 68k. If you really want the '23 A91 or CUL paint color, thats the market for them, otherwise id go for a '24. You can get a '24 A90 in all the basic colors with cognac interior and manual, might be hard to find an allocation.

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
No deal is always better than bad deal.

DrSupra

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT
As much as I love CU Later and Burnout, I can't bring myself to pay a penny over sticker. That said, for a moment, I was willing to spend up to 3K over for a new A91 manual but the actual prices dealers were asking for them were so far beyond sticker, it was just absurd to me. This car is a great value and platform for its price but when you get into the 70+ K range it becomes less attractive. Of course, this is my opinion and I respect someone's decision to spend more if they have to have something but on a larger scale, we're reinforcing ridiculous dealer markups by buying.

More objectively, I bet that you'll be able to find a 45th anniversary for less than 80K if you put enough effort into the search and reach out to enough dealers. I started looking too late for a 2023 A91 and because there were so few left I wasn't going to get one for what I wanted or was willing to pay (7500 over sticker for a CU later was the smallest mark up i came across but that was when there were only a few floating around). With the 2024 being new still, I think if you wait long enough you might be able to find it for far closer to sticker....I could be wrong though...lots of people with money that aren't as cheap as I am. In the end, I'm very happy with my 2023 premium MT that I got for sticker with very little drama but just some effort and lots of phone calls dealing with sales people that often sounded like they were on drugs or thought they were selling a McLaren F1 (the most annoying was when they had premium MTs and thought they could ask A91 markups because they didn't actually know the difference in the product they were supposed to be knowledgeable about)

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
Car is not worth a markup.

Damn ECU unlock is the markup.

Hell no.

SupraEffective

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 2022
I had this issue when looking for my Supra.

They had this "Strategy" that at first I was being paranoid but after the 5th dealer it was no longer me being paranoid lol

The strat I'm talking about is "Hey there's a guy right over there who wants that car too. Out bid him and its yours" I swear I walked away from 7 yes 7 dealerships until I found a great deal.

Take your time and be firm with YOUR deal , not theirs.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I almost had a mental breakdown paying Msrp for my 23 A91 MT in burnout, I got a little over $13,000 off sticker on my new 2020 so paying Msrp and on top of that a 62k Msrp for a car with less feature then my 57k 2020… it was a tough pill to swallow that I’m paying 60k+ for a Toyota. I can’t even imagine paying over like some people had too; it’s an amazing car but just the principle behind it. I will say it was a lot harder and took the better part of the last year for me to find our Braptor at Msrp; and now I regret not taking my home dealers original deal of 5k over… back when in 22 the Msrp for my current tuck was 74k and now the same thing cost me 98 last week.

shaloot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra
I had a California dealer try to tell me their $5k market adjustment PLUS another $5k for dealer installed accessories was mandatory. Those accessories being an “alarm system” and PPF.
WTF is the alarm system lol like I want the dealership touching the electrical system at all

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I had a California dealer try to tell me their $5k market adjustment PLUS another $5k for dealer installed accessories was mandatory. Those accessories being an “alarm system” and PPF.
WTF is the alarm system lol like I want the dealership touching the electrical system at all
Back in 2020 when I bought my 2021, the dealership had a $10,000 markup on my car. It's just a standard run of the mill 3.0 Premium in Absolute Zero, yet they thought they could list if for $69,000 and sell it. Luckily I was able to get them to drop the markup, but yeah..... Dealer markups should be illegal honestly.
Sponsored