DevArenaCN's track/weekend build (SCCA Time Trial Sport Legal build)

OP
OP
devarenacn

devarenacn

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Scion FRS, B9 Audi S4, MK7.5 Golf GTI, GR Supra
You are going to love this setup. I installed it back in Sept and did 3 track days, car felt so much better than stock! Now im looking into Vorschlag Camber plates and the Eibach front sway bar. Car handles like its a damn rails right now with the wide wheels and Rcomp tires so not in any rush ordering these extra parts, tracks aren't opening any time soon.
I drove it a little bit yesterday with the HKS kit on, feels like the spring rate might be a bit higher than the Eibach one, still need to raise the front by a little bit as I'm running 275/40/18s in the front and still rubs by just a tiny bit. This whole rubbing thing is killing me lol
Sponsored

trakday

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
1969 Camaro Z/28 Trans Am race car, 2011 E92 M3 GTS, 1997 E36 M3 race car, 2020 GR SUPRA, 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss
Rubbing still? Got an alignment yet? How low are you?
This is my set up and for the rear...I can lower the collar another inch or so....front I can lower another 1.5-2in. Currently hardly any rubbing and that from the front drivers side, upper corner fender liner where it meets the bumper edge top corner. Only under hard compression turns, otherwise nothing. Tires are 275/40/18 and 295/35/18

friars1.JPG

friars2.JPG

OP
OP
devarenacn

devarenacn

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubbing still? Got an alignment yet? How low are you?
This is my set up and for the rear...I can lower the collar another inch or so....front I can lower another 1.5-2in. Currently hardly any rubbing and that from the front drivers side, upper corner fender liner where it meets the bumper edge top corner. Only under hard compression turns, otherwise nothing. Tires are 275/40/18 and 295/35/18

friars1.JPG

friars2.JPG
I'm running 275/40/18 in the front as well. I raised the front up by 6mm from the default height on the HKS kit. I was really not that bad, getting alignment tomorrow so hopefully that would be the end of it, or I might just raise it up a little bit.

upload_2020-5-6_15-23-56.png

trakday

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
1969 Camaro Z/28 Trans Am race car, 2011 E92 M3 GTS, 1997 E36 M3 race car, 2020 GR SUPRA, 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss
I'm running 275/40/18 in the front as well. I raised the front up by 6mm from the default height on the HKS kit. I was really not that bad, getting alignment tomorrow so hopefully that would be the end of it, or I might just raise it up a little bit.

upload_2020-5-6_15-23-56.png
ahhhhh yes.....that's minor. I was getting that. That's from the fender liner. I wasn't stressing at all. All in all, we have to invest in the Vorschlag Camber plates. That's the next move for more camber = more grip.

OP
OP
devarenacn

devarenacn

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ahhhhh yes.....that's minor. I was getting that. That's from the fender liner. I wasn't stressing at all. All in all, we have to invest in the Vorschlag Camber plates. That's the next move for more camber = more grip.
Yeah I installed SPL LCAs in an effort to deal with the fitment issue alongside the Eibach springs, which....doesn't work. Taking that off for now as I'm still tryin to play in the Sport category. Might put them back in next year when I decide to move to tuner...Still competitive in the current form even without the tune so don't really want to put too much money into it just yet.

trakday

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Yeah I installed SPL LCAs in an effort to deal with the fitment issue alongside the Eibach springs, which....doesn't work. Taking that off for now as I'm still tryin to play in the Sport category. Might put them back in next year when I decide to move to tuner...Still competitive in the current form even without the tune so don't really want to put too much money into it just yet.
well said man! im in the same boat. Just trying to see the cars limits as is and so far im impressed without changing to SPL parts/Suspension kinematics. Test day for my tool is ….May 21st at NYST if anyone reads this and is interested, may contact me for full details. Fingers crossed the weather is compliant!

OP
OP
devarenacn

devarenacn

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
well said man! im in the same boat. Just trying to see the cars limits as is and so far im impressed without changing to SPL parts/Suspension kinematics. Test day for my tool is ….May 21st at NYST if anyone reads this and is interested, may contact me for full details. Fingers crossed the weather is compliant!
Good luck! I have a private testing day scheduled next week, really need this car to be ready, been tinkering for half a year already, definitely need some seat time to get myself used to and trust the car.

OP
OP
devarenacn

devarenacn

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
UPDATE: so did a quick testing, although I can't disclose too much info since I'm under embargo until June 1st, all I can say is after raising the front 5mm + another 5 revolutions from the default HKS height setting, no rubbings, PERIOD, not even with heavy compression parts of the track. Words cannot describe how happy I am at this point, 6 months work, FINALLY I can be back focusing on improve my driving.

OP
OP
devarenacn

devarenacn

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well, ran my first race for the season at CMP with SCCA Time Trails series. Field is packed, 105 cars showed up, and 12 are in Sport 2 Category. Car ran really good, I'm slowly picking up pace session by session, shaved off around 8 seconds during the entire weekend but unfortunately it's not enough to put me up on the podium. It's not over yet, I'll be back competing faster and stronger.

DSC02489.JPG

Video for my fastest lap (also my PB, but last time I was here 2 years ago was with my GTI)

OP
OP
devarenacn

devarenacn

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few pics from last weekend. Need to do a better job picking up pace faster, and also the track sprint thing killed me.

960990871552_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=f6ApdhHHAcUAX-XcsPd&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

091700146176_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Ka7qf51lzVIAX9_RHCV&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

155134918656_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=NtJ-n5nK8bAAX8wB2lt&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

391241875456_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=IGHukrAKPjwAX8sXH4G&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

xBADCOMPANYx

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS, GenCoupe, Duramax Colorado, A90
gonna have to do a seat swap with you soon since we have similar mods and goals. still playing with my heights also on HKS. and i think you'll see what i meant about the brakes if we hit a track like RDATL

OP
OP
devarenacn

devarenacn

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
gonna have to do a seat swap with you soon since we have similar mods and goals. still playing with my heights also on HKS. and i think you'll see what i meant about the brakes if we hit a track like RDATL
lol not sure that would be possible, I have a tight bucket seat on mine already

OP
OP
devarenacn

devarenacn

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been slacking on driving the Supra, working on this "beauty" right now.
122206146266_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=a5uIuvZG7c8AX82V7iW&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

Supra will see some track action later in Aug, for those who have AiM data logging system (Solo DL, Solo 2 DL), I'm sending mine over to AiM Sport later this month to figure out a better way to acquire data on the Supra (B58). Data channels I've requested (NOT GUARANTEED):

• pedal position (throttle, brake)
  • steering input
  • brake pressure
  • individual wheel speed
  • pitch/roll
  • engine rpm
  • coolant temp
  • diff temp
  • oil temp
  • IAT2
  • MAP
  • AAT
  • gear indicator

OP
OP
devarenacn

devarenacn

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Update on the AiM R&D: there was an issue with their shop policy that's not enough to cover putting a Supra in there for a week, they sorted that out later but the window has passed, definitely will try again if needed, seems like they might have a car ready for them in the CA location, I'm gonna be driving 2 events this months so if that happens it might well be September.

On other news, the car has been tuned by Zach from CSG, first mapped is loaded in last night, and waiting on revisions after some logging.

This is one torquey boi lol

755857918463_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=J5KUG9HCStAAX-q0-3X&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
Sponsored