Did they make the new builds quieter? Just got mine. No crackles.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I can confirm through part numbers that the Australian market got the US dump pipe and mid pipe, with the EU rear muffler.

As mentioned, the valve is open all the time - someone mentioned it closes in 6-8th gear, but yet to confirm for aussies

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
I can confirm through part numbers that the Australian market got the US dump pipe and mid pipe, with the EU rear muffler.

As mentioned, the valve is open all the time - someone mentioned it closes in 6-8th gear, but yet to confirm for aussies
If I had a Go, Pro etc I could check, but considering there is appears to be no increase in noise open or closed it would probably make little difference.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD

Well that explains it . Do you guys have sound requirements there? Iā€™m guessing so. Sounds like your market is pretty heavily regulated there. I hear that even the truck guys have some severe restrictions on lift kits and tires and the like.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra

Is the valve still open (Comfort) during cold starts?

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
I had a play with BM3 yesterday, changed the valving opening setting & unfortunately it made no difference, didn't change the actuation at all :(

I'm going to contact them to see if something is available or if I did something wrong

The GT start up is loud, not sure I will keep it

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Well that explains it . Do you guys have sound requirements there? Iā€™m guessing so. Sounds like your market is pretty heavily regulated there. I hear that even the truck guys have some severe restrictions on lift kits and tires and the like.
Yeah, it is pretty restricted. 87dB is the limit for post-1983 cars if I recall correctly. Plus, having a modified car puts you in elite criminal bracket unfortunately haha

Is the valve still open (Comfort) during cold starts?
Yep, I have never seen it closed.

Supra Guy

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
I know how you guys feel. When I had my 2004 350Z sounded so much better than my 2009 370Z did. It was disappointing that the 370Z didnā€™t sound the same or at least better than the 350Z did.

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
It is open, then when its starts cold or coldish in normal or sport, the valve closes for a wee while (haven't timed it) & then opens once the idle settles
Hmm for my car, it is open when car isn't turned on. When it cold starts (basically every time I start the car in the morning), the valve is closed. It only opens again when cold start is completed. Can't be sure how it operates while moving though. Notably since changing my exhaust, "normal" mode it seems to get louder about 2,000+ revs (audible in cabin drone), might be the exhaust audio being piped through the speakers, but I don't remember this being the case with the stock exhaust.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Hmm for my car, it is open when car isn't turned on. When it cold starts (basically every time I start the car in the morning), the valve is closed. It only opens again when cold start is completed. Can't be sure how it operates while moving though. Notably since changing my exhaust, "normal" mode it seems to get louder about 2,000+ revs (audible in cabin drone), might be the exhaust audio being piped through the speakers, but I don't remember this being the case with the stock exhaust.
Same here on cold starts (ME spec)

Valve on comfort closes driving at around 20km/h and remains so

During stationery, it opens up again

Sport is always open and closes at highway speeds (7th and 8th gear)

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
Yes that's what i was trying to say :)

Same here on cold starts (ME spec)

Valve on comfort closes driving at around 20km/h and remains so

During stationery, it opens up again

Sport is always open and closes at highway speeds (7th and 8th gear)
Thanks I will have to figure out a way of seeing the position of the valve when driving :)

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Came to here to correct myself - noticed in the rear view camera today the valve was closed on cold start (condensation only on LHs of car)

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Yes that's what i was trying to say :)

Thanks I will have to figure out a way of seeing the position of the valve when driving :)
Cruise at 60mph

Switch to Sport and you should notice the car drone a bit (Open valve)

I have an Akrapovic so sound is more obvious and can clearly hear the valve open/close

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Came to here to correct myself - noticed in the rear view camera today the valve was closed on cold start (condensation only on LHs of car)
Yeah sound mellows out once valve is open which gives the oposite sensation
Sponsored